Tidal offline locker

If you really want to reach more DJs with this offer, more extended versions and club mixes are much more important. And these are often already available, but unfortunately not in the normal catalog of Tidal.

1 Like

https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us

Thanks for the link, but I am sure Algoriddim will need to work with Tidal to implement the feature, they can’t do it just for me.

Tidal is currently considering it. They sent out a survey to users asking about what DJ software we use and if we would like to have offline music available. Here is the link to the survey.

https://tidal.iad1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9TdhogYuHy0dwEe?lid=vsj9kcp56amu

4 Likes

This sounds promising! I just did the survey myself and they are asking some interesting questions. Thanks for sharing @LogisticalStyles

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, @LogisticalStyles.

1 Like

As some of you already knew, Tidal is exploring offline locker capabilities with Virtual DJ. So this doesn’t really add much, but I submitted a feature request and this was the response:

Hi there,

Currently, offline mode functionality is only available for VirtualDJ users as part of a beta test.

We’re exploring solutions with our DJ partners that will allow TIDAL subscribers more creative access to the TIDAL catalog.

Keep an eye on your inbox for updates!

Best Regards,
Dylan
TIDAL Support

1 Like

That is off they say it is a beta feature. I don’t have early access updates turned on in my VDJ but I can download tidal tracks to an offline cache since the end of October.

Interesting, I didn’t get my survey until Jan 12th. In any case, I filled it out. Fingers crossed for a “dj tier” with stems and offline locker soon.

I’d happily give them money for a DJ tier if it had offline locker + stems. Fingers crossed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Virtual DJ Works with an Offline solution for TIDAL. This is really important for mobile DJs wirking sometimes without signal available. Hope you will find something for us :crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

@Didjelo I merged your new topic with this existing one. Please use the blue vote button at the top left of this page to show your support for this feature request. Thanks!

1 Like

My guess is they are saving it for when Apple Music announces streaming Stems. I have a feeling it will be cheaper than Tidal, so the only thing at that point keeping people on the Tidal DJ add-on would be their lossless audio, so then they will add their offline locker at no extra charge, which they hope will keep DJs on their app a little longer before Apple adds an offline locker as well. My guess is these terms are all in private contracts with Djay and have been since tidal pulled stems.

1 Like

This would make Tidal the number one streaming platform. I would love for this to happen.

1 Like

TIDAL… or / and Apple Music :grinning:
:crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3:

It would be handy to know if support for offline locker was in the roadmap (for either Tidal or Apple Music).

2 Likes

This needs to happen. It works offline with virtual DJ and Serato

This needs to happen. It works offline with virtual DJ and Serato.

1 Like