Tidal updated Terms of Service & Price Increase

To avoid Apple Music taking over your local library, Digital DJ Tips made a really good and easy-to-use recommendation: Just use a separate account for your Apple Music subscription. On desktop, never use this account with Music.app and you should be good.

2 Likes

But it doesn’t hurt either. Especially with Djay Pro, which can also be used across devices, it can be practical to have everything to hand at all times.

1 Like

The way Apple does this can be troublesome for DJs because Apple fingerprints all of your music and then replaces that music with their own matching version. If you’re unlucky, that version is different from your version, plus it can produce weird results for your beat grids. That’s the experience I made and troubleshooting this was no fun at all so I’m staying away as far as possible from this solution.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips guys.
I’ve taken a free month subscription for Apple music so I’ll have a play with a few of these suggestions and see if I can get it under control.
I’m sure once I get clued in I can make it work somehow.

I subscribed to the Tidal DJ extension today but still getting the “no neural mix” error message in djay Pro on MacOS. Anyone else experiencing this? Does it need an update for djay?

Not to be picky

, but we are now paying for a service that was advertised as working with djay, and it’s still not working. How soon is this update expected? I wouldn’t have started paying for it yet if I knew it wasn’t ready to use with the knot dj software I use…

Seems like if it’s not soon, those of us paying for it should be issued some kind of credit by either Algoriddim or Tidal for false advertising since they said it would work with djay and it doesn’t.

The new djay update will be released very soon…

3 Likes

I think we can all agree it’s much better to wait few days so algoriddam nails the integration to be a really good user experience for us all. Not ideal as some have paid already for Tidal but at least we all know it’s coming very soon.

3 Likes

Technically, it’s just reading a new attribute of the Tidal account. It’s not rocket science :wink:

Not being funny but it’s not as if they didn’t see this coming right? They’ve had months to prepare and honestly it’s pretty sloppy they haven’t managed to align with Tidal’s update so both Tidal and DJay reflect the new updates on the day. Yeah it’s first world problems but their comms has been pretty non-existent too. Really could do better - not their finest hour that’s for sure.

At some point, Neural Mix simply stopped working for me with Tidal, even without updating Djay Pro. In this respect, I would have assumed that the other way round, i.e. reactivating this feature, would not necessarily require an update either.

Not unless there are additional features. New API with hopefully BPM showing in search for example. More DJ friendly look and feel to it.

1 Like

Strange as im literally paying the same price including thew addon in Canada but i was already paying for lossless quality. If it iss more expensive its only a few bucks. Doesnt bother me at all

Exactly. Here in uk I’m paying £19.99 for Tidal and DJ extension, which includes lossless. Next update I think although I have no inside info will be Tidal neural mix integration and I think some hardware integrations. Staff have already eluded to this. I’m happy to wait a while.

If there’s new hardware integrations then I’m all good with waiting. I own most of my music so not that concerned with the stems but it always screws me over at some point not having them cuz I use them all the time

Me too. I have a Reloop Mixon 8 and although the integration is tight, it’s not there fully for Neural Mix unless you map yourself. Plus it’s had some hardware malfunctions. Mines gone back to retailer for repair or replace. I’m negotiating where I stand in terms of replacing with another brand. I’m thinking at the moment Rane One, Denon Prime 4*. I play more and more quick mixing style and now learning to scratch. With tidal integration and a controller that’s tight for scratching and neural mix integration I’ll be very happy.
This is why I am happy to wait as something is coming around the corner. Who knows will the Rane Performer work out the box with Djay Pro. I’m excited to find out.

Somebody posted this on a Facebook group don’t know any truth to it tho

I got this same email earlier in the month. I followed their directions and everything is working for me as it should. Still no STEMS support in DJAY Pro yet, but I imagine an update from Algoriddim will fix that soon.