macOS: "Title could not be loaded" djay 5.1.3 & 5.1.5

• Device model MacBook Pro/18G/
  • Version of operating system: Sonoma 14.4.1
  • Version of djay : DJAY Pro 5.1.5
  • Hardware/controllers used: Numark NS6II

I updated to the latest version of Djay Pro AI Friday (Apr 19, 2024) and I can only access limited local music files while using Apple Music. I see others have had similar problems with IOS. But I haven’t seen any topics concerning problems with MacOS. The problems were noticed right before an easy gig that turned hard as I was troubleshooting shooting all throughout the gig. I toggled between Tidal/Apple Streaming Services, but i had certain local files I prefer to use. I honestly never immediately upgrade until a few weeks later, but i did it anyway as soon as the update was available because I wanted to use the Tidal Extension. Please let me know if a fix is in the eorks for MacOS and I will stop troubleshooting shooting on my own. Thanks/Greg.

Hi @Gregory_Canady, please use the search tool before creating new topics. I’ve merged yours with this one. Please see above. This is a known bug and there is a work around above.

1 Like

is there a time plan when the fix will be available? this is a serious issue and make it hard to trust any future updates. this caught many of us off-guard while going live on gigs

2 Likes

Above seems all nice and good… BUT as of yesterday, in none of my 2 OSX devices, mono AIFs can be opened (format not supported) any more, as had worked like a charm all time. As still does on iOS. WHAT ??? I’m a tango dj, and virtually all classic repertory is in mono, and lots of my files are AIFs (also from the better current digitization projects). Did that occur to anybody else, too ?!? Thanking in advance, [as I’ve a gig today, I converted stuff on one device into AAC, but on the other it’s much more stuff, and tanda PLs have to be rebuilt manually…]

1 Like

Hi @VaronPlateando, the team is aware of this issue and is working on a fix. In the meantime, please refer to the work around shared above:

A post was merged into an existing topic: The star ratings in the rating are no longer displayed 5.1.5 macOS

That is great, but on Mac OS X there is no fix yet. Local files (the same ones that do not play in the playlist) are not played, either, in “my files” if I drag the folder there. So please fix it for Mac OS X, too!

2 Likes

Hello! I have the same problem on mac. When will the update come out?

Hi @Pat and @aluzhk, I have moved your posts from the iOS topic to the macOS topic. The engineering team is aware of this issue and is working on a fix. We will release it as soon as possible. In the meantime, these is a workaround that has been shared above. Thanks!

1 Like

Hello Slak_Jaw,

good to know that you’re on it, very indeed, as that workaround doesn’t make a difference with regard too mono AIFs, the error message ('can’t load mono aifs‘) still comes up even if I try to start them from the ‚my files‘ section in djay.

Kind reds,
Matthias.

Thanks for the additional info @VaronPlateando. I have passed this onto the engineering team.

I’m having the exact same issue.

When can we expect a bug fix? I actually use Djay Pro every day but on May 10th I have to DJ at a wedding again and it’s really annoying when I have to load everything individually from the hard drive into the tool Thanks for info

the fix has just been released

Hello everyone. djay 5.1.6 for macOS has been released. Depending on your region, it should be available already. Thanks!

5 Likes

Nice good work. I shall update later :wave:

1 Like

@Slak_Jaw The update has solved the problem. Many thanks to you for your help and many thanks to the development team for the quick resolution of the issue.
Great service! Before the next update, I will make a backup of my system to avoid being in such a situation again :smiley:

1 Like

You’re welcome @grand91. Glad that fixed your issue and thanks for the positive feedback. Always appreciated! I have passed this onto our engineering team as well.

1 Like

My ratings still do not show in my playlists!

Hi @Buddha_Stretch, yes, unfortunately this didn’t make it into 5.1.6, but should be addressed in the next release. Thanks!