Tracks randomly pauses without touches anything. Continues when I press play.

if it is bluetooth related as you suggest, I’ll need to round up a wired mouse to test. I think I have an old one with that tiny roller-ball…

UPDATE - replaced apple bluetooth mouse with wired USB and problems persisted. I believe this may have more to do with the sync function & the auto crossfade: using them seemed to trigger djay to lock up this weekend. I’d like to submit a formal bug report if that’s possible, and I’ll be happy to work with devs to troubleshoot the issue if they would like.

I’m just trying anything and everything to get this sorted,
I have two gigs coming up over the next two weeks and don’t want to be caught with my pants down again

This Is The Way
I’ll see if I can make time to test in the next 24h to confirm on my system

UPDATE - I believe there is a bug in the current version of djay as of this date. see my UPDATE above, 2 posts ago, devs let’s get this fixed please!!

1 Like

I’ve submitted an incomplete bug report through the website, but I’ll get to correcting the missing information today. (I couldn’t remember which version of MacOS or computer technical details…)

1 Like

Thanks…
So far I haven’t had any further issues but I close all apps on the ipad besides Djay and turn off Bluetooth,
I was able to record a 2hr set without any interuption but I’m still not confident that the issue won’t return…

Support replied that an update by this weekend should address our concerns, but if it doesn’t, we’re to share a video with the issue to demonstrate it happening. To be safe/proactive, I’m going to screencap my sets

1 Like

Update:
So I had all apps shut down with only Djay running as well as Bluetooth off and last night after maybe 20 mins the issue happened again with both decks stopping, I actually had two tracks playing at the same time when this happened.
I was still on Version 4.1.6 but I then updated the app to the latest Version 4.1.7 which came out last Sunday…

I have yet to test this properly to see if indeed it has fixed the issue…

It would be helpful to hear if anyone else besides who has already posted are experiencing this as well…

I’ve been having issues with random decks (of 4) stopping at random times since updating.
At first, I hoped it was because my credit card on file in my app store/iTunes account was expired before my renewal date, but that was remedied and the problem remained. The next thing I discovered was that by removing the ethernet cable from my iMac and then re-inserting seemed to remedy the issue, so that raised the prospect of a network/interface problem, but that’s not the case as the issue returned quickly.
What I’d like to try now is logging out of Tidal and then logging back in, simply to eliminate any issues with that authorization/cookies etc…but nobody’s mentioned the possibility of a compatibility issue with Tidal’s DRM scheme and what djay is set up to work with…
and if someone can point me in a direction to try clearing any cache-type places in djay that might be causing that, I figure it’s worth a shot and why not, right?
I’m the same as @maurizio_T - no bluetooth, no wifi, only djay running/open…have I hit a wall with my intel imac/catalina? Is there some sort of memory leak suddenly? I have had -until the past few weeks- a solid reliable system, and wonder if a hardware upgrade - or change of app - is in my future?

1 Like

I’m in the exact same boat,
I’ve been with Algoriddim for over 7 years now but this random issue is making think it’s time for change,
I have a gig coming up next Saturday,
I can’t keep looking like an amateur and having the music stop randomly whilst having a dance floor full of paying people,
It’s just very unprofessional…
Algoriddim techs,
Please, please look into this,
As hesysoundude already stated,
This was a perfectly working app up until a few updates ago,
Now it’s like lm playing Russian roulette with my gigs, wondering when the music is going to suddenly stop

1 Like

I’m choosing to interpret the silence from anyone at algoriddim as them trying to find and resolve the problem. Go, devs, go go go!
I’ll be happy to sit with you on zoom etc to troubleshoot/demonstrate. we’re 5-6 time zones apart, but I can make my schedule work to accomodate yours if that’s a concern.

Hello, Same sort of problem for me… Last Saturday when I was in a club of 1000 people I had 2 bugs in 3 hours whereas the times before I had no problem for 6 hours in a row. The first bug the title started again at the beginning without manipulation on my part. The second bug the title stopped squarely in the middle…

I have a macbook pro M1, 16gb ram. No notifications, bluetooh, wifi, background apps. My controller is a Pioneer DDJ SR2. How can we trust ddjay pro… We can’t mix with the belly ball to wonder whether or not there will be bugs…

2 Likes

This is my point exactly, Every time I play a gig, I’m always worried as to when the app will stop…
This has been happening for far too long now, I first noted it back in
Nov 22,
Cam or Emily, can we please have you guys chime in, The information has been given and this is a major flaw…

3 Likes

@1NSONGE and @maurizio_T - change your Tidal quality from HiFi to High Quality and the issue disappears:
I did (and then signed out of and then back into Tidal, then closed and re-launched djay) and then I set a 9+ hr playlist to run in Automix. It has been doing so flawlessly for almost 6hrs now.

ALSO - I reverted back to the Apple Bluetooth mouse as well, so that’s seemingly not involved either.

I’m going to guess that trying to stream the MQA-encoded “Master” tracks through a non-MQA certified audio interface causes the issue; I’d love to test that assumption, but I don’t have the appropriate hardware.

Have a groovy weekend, Mixologists! Happy Easter/Passover too!

1 Like

Unfortunately this happens to me when using my own local files,
Although l do have Tidal, l rarely use it and do have it on High setting,
I’m using an iPad so l don’t use any blue tooth devices but have switched it off when lm using the app,
I also close all other apps and only leave Djay running obviously,
I will try doing all the above and doing a hard reset on my iPad before l start a gig and see from there…
Thanks for your testing and hope that sorts it out for you as well,
Happy Easter/Passover to all!

Good luck with this…
I wonder what the differences “under the hood” are between iOS and MacOS versions…?

Ok latest update to this issue which happened right now,
My Rane One and iPad have been in idle mode for the last hour or so,
They both are turned on with the app open and two tracks loaded on each deck.
I had been playing for around 2 hours or so before that without issue.

Suddenly both platters started playing by them selves as if someone had pressed play on both channels…
Now either I have a ghost in my house or this is the complete opposite of what the issue that we have been experiencing in this thread…

App is updated to latest 4.1.7.

1 Like

@maurizio_T this is probably a long shot, but does your USB cable have ferrites on it? I’ve had USB dropout issues before with regular USB cables due to external electronic interference. Seems unlikely, but perhaps it’s an interference issue. Also do you have Bluetooth disabled?

Thanks for chiming in, no I don’t have ferrites but I’m willing to try anything,
Bluetooth has been disabled and that appeared to have solved the issue but it has since returned

1 Like

@maurizio_T you’re welcome. These are the cables that I use:

1 Like

I will have to try and get that cable,
In the mean time I had another “pausing” tonight whilst I was just playing a few tracks at home,
I had both platters playing and they both stopped, In the past I thought that it was just the Left platter as by sheer coincidence, that was the platter playing the first few times it happened to me, but I have since discovered that it will happen to both platters.

Just for another experiment, I have changed USB ports on the
Rane One from A to B to see if that stops the issue

1 Like