Tracks randomly pauses without touches anything. Continues when I press play.

This is a GREAT tip!
ferrite chokes can be bought at better electronics component suppliers to use on cables:

make sure the center hole is big enough to get at least 3 wraps of the cable through, and place it as close to the component experiencing difficulties as you can. this will eat a few inches (~10cm perhaps) of length…but that’s a whole other problem.

2 Likes

Hi, last night on a party I have the some issue again few times.
I’ve use iPad Pro M1 IOS 16.1.1 last update DJay Pro 4.1.7 all original cables DDJ SB3 controller and Tidal Hi - Fi subscription.

OK so my latest update,
Did a gig last Saturday night for 5 hrs,
Thankfully no problem to report…
I did do the following though,
Did a hard reset on my iPad before starting,
Closed all running apps besides Djay,
Bought a new USB cable from Chroma Cables,
Used the USB B port instead of the USB A port.
99% of the night I used my own music, only used Tidal for around 3 or 4 tracks without an issue//

Hopefully with a combination of all of that I have resolved the issue

4 Likes

Thought I might continue with the update here…
The issue happened again just now, Luckily it wasn’t during a gig rather when I was at home messing around…
both tracks were playing as I was in the mix and both tracks suddenly stopped instantaneously… Pressing play/pause again restarted the tracks like normal.

Prior to this, I hadn’t performed a hard reset on my iPad though before though.
I have a Gig on Friday and will follow my above procedure to help ensure it wont happen on the night.

Also to note, I am still running 4.1.7, to be honest I didn’t know 4.1.8 had been released…
Anyone having issues with 4.1.8 yet?

Algoriddim staff, could you please look into this issue

it has been running fine on my old iMac under MacOS 10.15 the past few weeks…

2 Likes

I did a 5 1/2 hour gig this past Saturday. So far no issues for me. Im on the latest update and on macbook pro 13’inch 2015 model, MacOS 12.6.6

Songs played through without pausing. Used all songs with Tidal. Another gig on this coming Saturday so hopefully no pausing appears.

1 Like

For anyone questioning djay’s playback ability of Tidal HiFi (or Master) tracks, you may want to check out a link I posted here.
I’m inclined to believe that DAC may just be the answer to some of our prayers.

2 Likes

Hey @maurizio_T - Apologies for the delayed response.

The latest version of djay is 4.1.9 - have you had a chance to update to this version? If so, are you able to reproduce the issue?

Looking forward to hearing back.

1 Like

No I haven’t,
I actually haven’t even updated to 4.1.8 yet.
But another update from a gig last Friday,
A new issue popped up.
The momentary pause didn’t happen but
Twice during a 5 hr set, whilst the track was playing, it jumped to the end of the track,Platter was still spinning, but no music was playing…
Quite embarrassing and annoying.
I want to update but am a bit afraid to as I have another event to play at in a few weeks and l am a bit hesitant.

1 Like

Hey, @maurizio_T - I understand the hesitation.

However, we highly recommend updating to the latest version to rule out any variables and avoid any other bugs that are fixed, and not miss out on any improvements that have been made :slight_smile:

Feel free to update and let us know how it goes. If you can reproduce the issue, please let us know (and share a video, if possible) so we can troubleshoot and help resolve the issue.

@maurizio_T if you’re hesitant to update, like I always am, I recommend doing a full OS backup first so you can rollback if you discover major issues.

Here’s my recommended workflow if you’re interested:

1 Like

I’ve seen (something like?) this last week (on iPad 4.1.9). Luckily for me this only happened while I was loading and cueing up the tracks. A track would randomly stop playing after a couple of beats. Jumping back to the first cue point and restarting didn’t help as it would stop again at the exact same point.

After some fiddling with play / pause / jog wheels it went back to normal and continued playing past the problematic point. Unfortunately I don’t have any additional info and I’m not even sure if this is the same issue…

Ok - I thought it may have been something I did, but this happened to me two weeks ago during a livestream. It just decided to stop on my left controller/input. Djay Pro AI on an Intel Mac, Pioneer WeGo4 as the controller. Also happened the following week just once on my Hercules Rmx2.

mi succede la stessa cosa

This is still happening to me as well,
Played a gig two weeks back and the it happened…Track just stopped.
Pressed play and it started again.
Only happened once and didn’t happen again for the rest of the night.

Another update,
Played at a gig last night,
I closed all apps and performed a hard reset on my iPad before starting the gig, Had Do Not Disturb on for Djay and can report no glitch in a 5 hour gig.

1 Like

Hi, I may be late, but I want to share my recent experience with random cuts.

In my last session when I started playing songs I tried to connect my headphones via bluetooth, and djay pro had the first cut, then turn off the headphones and resume the music.

In the next hour I had two new random cuts, apart from the headphones I had to turn off the bluetooh on my iPhone, because I felt the problem in the bluetooh connection. After this I played for three hours with no problems.

I’m not sure if the problem is in the bluetooth, but this is my experience.

1 Like

It may be related but when once it stops, it generally plays find for the rest of the session.

Almost same issue happened to me just last weekend while I was playing at a friend’s house party. Very disappointing because random tracks would stop and no matter how many times I pressed play they wouldn’t play again. Can Algoriddim folks please respond/fix to this? I am considering cancelling my subscription because it almost ruined the dance floor and I had to improvise and play straight from Tidal.

Another update,
Was messing around last night at home and the issue happened again.
Left deck just stopped.
Pressing Play re started the track and it was fine for the rest of the night.
All other apps were shut down but I hadn’t performed a hard reset though which seemed to work the last time I played at a gig.

1 Like