Tracks randomly pauses without touches anything. Continues when I press play.

Hey @maurizio_T, thanks for continuing to provide updates on this!

@tatu thanks for sharing this. I definitely recommend that you disable Bluetooth when DJing if possible. Accidental Bluetooth connections to nearby devices can cause audio interruptions.

Hi @Aleixo_Guedes, thanks for sharing your experience. We are working on this, but are not able to consistently reproduce the problem so the more data we collect from users about the issue the better. Can you please share more details?

1. What hardware are you using?
  2. What was your music source (songs stored on device from iTunes/Music, streaming services, Files app, etc).
  3. Are you able to reproduce the issue on demand or does it appear random?
  4. Is the overview waveform and detailed waveform still visible when the song won’t play?

Thanks!

Thanks Slak_Jaw,
As I have previously stated, This issue never happened prior to Version 4.0.13, which is over a year now…

Question, If I delete the app then re install it, will I lose all my cue points and playlists?

You’re welcome @maurizio_T. All of your cue points and playlists are stored in the djayMediaLibrary database. You can make a backup of this before removing and reinstalling the app (see the guide below). Just to be safe, I also recommend you do a full system backup to iCloud or with Time Machine before removing the app.

1 Like

So, I posted this same issue on a different section of the community but the same issue with freezing songs during my sets at the nightclub.

It is the Left channel only.

Do not disturb is off.

iPad pro 12.9 (5th gen) version 17.1.1
Mixon 8 pro (brand new purchased 2 months ago) v5309.
Djay app version 4.1.10
Using the white usb c to usb cord connections no adapters like with the Mixon 4
and i have vibrational absorption pads I use at the nightclub.
no apps on the iPad just downloaded songs that hav been cued up.

Please help in any kind of way!!

Have you tried doing a hard Reset on the iPad prior to starting the session?

2 Likes

I have a set tonight at the club and I’ll report back.

Recent actions:
Deleted all games on the iPad
Actually deleted the app, re installed
BPM’d back up up 2500 songs
Bought new heavy duty USB C TO C cords

1 Like

Try the iPad hard reset just before you start your set,
So far that appears to have worked for me…

1 Like

Intro:

Hello Djay users, Happy New Year! I encountered an unexpected issue during my recent set that I’d like to discuss with the community. While my performance wasn’t noticeably affected, I found it concerning as this is a new occurrence with Djay Pro AI. During one segment, I encountered a situation where both track players unexpectedly stopped. To adapt, I swiftly engaged the Looper while introducing a new song briefly afterward. Although this occurred only once during my performance, it has happened twice on my MacBook subsequently.

Subject:

I’m reaching out to inquire if anyone else has experienced a similar issue, potentially indicating a bug. I aim to detail what I observed on screen when the music tracks abruptly stopped, in hopes that sharing this might shed light on the problem and gather insights from the community.

Issue:

When the issue arose, both track players ceased playing spontaneously. Despite attempts to resume playback by pressing the play button, the tracks did not continue from where they had paused.

This is a well known issue and has affected me and a few others,
Having said that I haven’t experienced it yet with Version 5 though…

Can you give us more details regarding your set up?

Hi @nowstanding,

1. What version of djay Pro are you using?
  2. What macOS are you on?
  3. What hardware are you using?
  4. Are you playing songs stored on your device or from streaming services?
  5. Anything else unique being done with this happens like using Neural Mix, FX, Looper, Sampler, scratching, etc.?

Hi there,

I am on Djay Pro AI version 4.1.7 on my Macbook Pro OS Ver 13.2.1 Ventura.

I have transferred songs into a folder located on my Mac storage on my desktop. My looper kept working and I remeber there were FX from the reverb activated. I was using Neural Mix filter reverb effects sometimes. This issue occurred once earlier before my live set on my DDJ-200 and then at the venue on my Reloop Mixon 4.

Thanks for the info @nowstanding. I’ve shared this with the engineering team for further review.

Hello everyone! I’m back from vacation and wanted to check in on this topic. Can you all please confirm if this is still and issue with the latest 5.1 version of djay Pro? Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.