Traktor Kontrol S8

This would be the ultimate mixer/controller for Algoriddim since the recent rise of stems…

This mixer was so ahead of its time.

If Algoriddim produce a mapping for it, you’ll win over all the Traktor DJ’s who are now left feeling unsupported by Native Instruments.

Virtual DJ have a mapping for it, and they even managed to get the screens working with waveforms etc.

4 Likes

NI controllers are very interesting, I know them well and I still have some. I would love to be able to use them in Djay Pro on my iPad, which is currently my favorite App. But unfortunately NI created a closed system that only allows some of its controllers to be in Midi mode only on Operating Systems like Mac and Windows, not on iOs. Being able to use a Kontrol X1 Mk2 , a Kontrol F1 or a Maschine for example, to map as auxiliary controllers in Djay Pro would be awesome.

4 Likes

Thank you for your feedback Fernando.
I wasn’t aware how closed NI’s system was…I am however very impressed with the mapping Virtual DJ created for the Kontrol S8. They even got the screens to display waveforms etc.
I’m going to have a go at mapping it with Djay on iOS, but I wouldn’t know where to start trying to get the screens to display information.

1 Like

You mean Virtual DJ on a Desktop OS, I assume.

To repeat: NO ONE can do a mapping for a Native Instruments controller on iOS, it’s not possible. It’s not MIDI, it’s a closed standard that cannot be interfaced with with a non-Native Instruments controller.

I’m very disappointed by the way that NI more or less killed their iOS offerings. Their app is dying a slow death, hasn’t been updated in years. The new Z1 controllers don’t even work with iOS anymore. That was my controller of choice, it worked so well with their Traktor app back in the days….

4 Likes

https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/10268

some of the NI controllers are working. even the s8
check the link :slight_smile:

other then that if you cant make the audio routing with it you can also switch them into midi controler mode to only control the app via the midi din ports from the S8 or older S4 to another audio interface (if it has some midi outs ) with multiple audio outs … I took my old s8 out and I am going to test it on my macbook and Ipad pro m1 via USB Hub.

1 Like

Yes…I am referring to Virtual DJ on MacOS.

I wasn’t aware that Traktor controllers weren’t midi.

Thank you for your feedback.
Much appreciated.

According to the Algoriddim compatibility chart the Traktor Kontrol S2 and S3 are compatible with the iOS versions of djay.

Unless my eyes and ears are deceiving me, this looks like Traktor Hardware working rather well on Algoriddim app for iOS.

Yep, but it’s working because djay programmed the support for it, not because it’s standard MIDI (that you and I could create or amend)

1 Like

That’s annoying…Thank you for explaining about the midi issue.

Looks like my only hope is if Algoriddim create a mapping, which is looking unlikely looking at how few controllers they support compared to a brand like Virtual DJ.

yes you can, I did it. took me forever for the S8, but if you want a copy I can share it. it works sick! :). oh, and I also did it on an X1 and now working on the F1 for my beat loops and volume and effects. Hit Shift & Back on the Controller. or Shift & Browse on the F1 to go into midi mode.

3 Likes

it is. I was able to map it. it took forever to get the right layout, and I’ve tested it for about 100 hours. it was made for DJay AI. it’s like running stems in real time. If you go 4 decks, it’s a bit much on the LapTop and I’m running an M1 chip with all the upgrades. but 2 decks is easy. I linked it to Sarato and Ableton to spread the workload and use my other deck at the same time. I can share a map if anyone needs it.

2 Likes

You can map to the NI controllers. I just finished one for the X1 and split the Neural Mix to 3 lines. You could do 4 but I left one on each side for the filter nob. I played around 3 or 4 hours to test it out. Works excellent. now I have a small travel deck without those jog wheels.

2 Likes

Yes please!!!
I would love a copy of your mapping for the S8
Thank you so much.

Where can I download it from?
Kind regards
Stu

1 Like

I would love a copy of your S8 mapping.
Thank you.
:pray:t3:

1 Like

I would also love a copy :pray:

1 Like

Would also be curious about the S8 mapping!

1 Like

Let me know if this link works. I mapped it for 2 decks. The loops and beat jumps aren’t finished yet. and I didn’t do deck 3 and 4. because it draws too much processing power from the laptop. I’ll keep building it out. I’d love the feed back! Turn the knobs and watch the screen interact with the line. It’s pretty intuitive. Dropbox - Traktor Kontrol S8 1.djayMidiMapping - Simplify your life

3 Likes

Thank you so much Anthony!!
I’ve downloaded the file…I’ll let you know how I get on.
I’ll test it out next week, when I’m back in the studio.
Have a great weekend.
Stu

2 Likes

Thank you, Ill test it out!

2 Likes