Urgent Bug Report - djay Pro Version 5.0.3 Crash on Mac

Dear Algoriddim Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. My name is Jack, and I’m writing to report a critical issue with djay Pro on my MacBook Air M2 running macOS Version 14.2.1.

Since two days ago, I’ve been encountering a persistent crash every time I attempt to open the djay Pro app. I’ve tried various troubleshooting steps, including updating the app, deleting and reinstalling it, but unfortunately, the issue persists.

Here are the details of my setup:

• djay Pro Version: 5.0.3

• macOS Version: 14.2.1

• MacBook Air: M2

I regret to inform you that I was unable to obtain crash logs as the app crashes immediately upon opening, preventing me from accessing any logs.

Steps I’ve taken to resolve the issue:

1. Attempted to update djay Pro through the Mac App Store.

2. Deleted the app and performed a clean reinstall.

3. Rebooted the MacBook Air.

Despite these efforts, the problem persists. I am reaching out to you in the hope that you can provide a solution or a fix for this issue, possibly through an update on the Mac App Store.

I understand the importance of keeping software up to date and appreciate your prompt attention to this matter. If you require any additional information or if there are specific steps you’d like me to follow for diagnostics, please let me know.

I value your support and look forward to a swift resolution to this matter.

Best regards,

Jack

1 Like

I am currently testing it on my MBP 2018 i7 and it seems to be a long time “Backing up data…”

Hi @Cooljackdj,

This post is very similar to another one you recently posted were I informed you that there is a known issue with macOS 14.2.1 Beta. Can you please confirm that you have updated your macOS to an official release version or if you are still running the Beta version? Thanks.

Previous Post:

2 Likes

I can say mine is not beta, been waiting ten + minutes for the app to load, as it says backing up data, and I don’t even have any music in it yet…
(Edit) got mine to work. Used CMD+Opt+Esc to bring up the Force quit window. I force quit DJay waited a few seconds, then relaunched and it opened immediately. Maybe this will help.

I Updated the beta today

2 Likes

@Cooljackdj so, just to confirm, you are no longer using the 14.2.1 Beta, and you are still having crashes? Thanks.

Good evening community. Thank you for allowing me to join. I am new to your forum. I’ve been using DJay pro since Version one was released and I’ve never had a problem with it until now. Figured I just stay at my two cents and say 2020 MacBook Pro, three thunderbolt port, Intel processor. I currently have Sonoma 14.3 beta operating system version and DJ pro version 5.0.3.
So I had no problems until I was downloading my full music library onto it. Granted it was just keeping record of it, and it will only allow me to access music that I have purchased from Apple Music not just download you can check that through the old iTunes app on purchased music simple as that, so just to type in yes starting two days ago it’s incessantly crashing. It’ll run for the first few minutes maybe 15so just to type in yes starting two days ago it’s incessantly crashing. It’ll run for the first few minutes maybe 1520 minutes half hour and then will not stop crashing so I’m completely remove the app said it back to default mode.-20 minutes half hour and then will not stop crashing so I’m completely remove the app, set the program back to default mode. set the program I’m wondering if I need to do a further race I’ve gone so far as to wipe on MacBook completely clean of the operating system and re-download it twice now in the past 48 hours, which is very time consuming. It’s not so much the operating system problem as the compatibility with the version of the app out now determined by level two technicians with Apple support as we have worked diligently together on this. The problem is you can’t get an accurate report because it crashes just one opens so it doesn’t have time for the console app or diagnostics to pinpoint exactly what the glitch is. Like I said, I’ve never had a problem until now and it’s just frustrating because it’s keeping me from enjoying what I like to do now when you are a guinea pig with Developer software like I am and I’m reporting diligently every time to Apple technical support with their feedback assistant app, as well as time to time getting someone on the phone from technical support just to help me install certain code. One of us will have to figure this out, so I welcome any advice.
us will have to figure this out, so I welcome any advice.
2024-01-03T05:00:00Z Thanks, RICHARD RAWLS.

Macbook Air 15 M2 with Sonoma official 14.2.1 crashes sometimes on scrolling playlist, sometimes on click. Generally during interaction with browser.
Here is crash report

Translated Report (Full Report Below)

Process: djay Pro [561]
Path: /Applications/djay Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/djay Pro
Identifier: com.algoriddim.djay-iphone-free
Version: 5.0.3 (56400)
App Item ID: 450527929
App External ID: 862359003
Code Type: ARM-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [1]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2024-01-04 19:39:32.6020 +0300
OS Version: macOS 14.2.1 (23C71)
Report Version: 12

Report is here Bug report - Google Docs

Another one, on attemt to edit track name Bug report #2 - Google Docs

1 Like

Hi @Riptide1969, please update your macOS to a non-beta version. There are documented bugs with the beta versions of Sonoma. Thanks.

@Mikhail_Kapyrin, can you please confirm that you are not using the beta version of macOS 14.2.1? Thanks.

1 Like

Hello,

I’m using macOS 14.2.1 (23C71) which came with macbook from the factory.
Kernel 23.2.0

Best regards
Mike

The app sill crashes well, I’m not on beta

Thanks for the update @Cooljackdj

1 Like

The bug crash has been resolved

That’s great news @Cooljackdj. Do you know what changed to resolve the crash issue?

I think the First, beta Second beta Was crushing software add updating third, Beta today the app did not crash at all when I tried to open the app

Hi @Mikhail_Kapyrin,

1. We believe your crash is being caused by something in your djay Media Library database.
  2. Can you please confirm if any specific action seems to be causing the crash? For example, selecting a specific playlist in My Collection or reordering playlists in My Collection.
  3. Can you also upload your djay Media Library database to our Dropbox so we can review it for issues? Dropbox
  4. Please refer to this guide to locate your djay Media Library database on macOS: https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014912211

Hi again @Mikhail_Kapyrin, I’m just following up on my message from 3 weeks ago. Are you still having this issue? If so, please see below. Thanks!

1. We believe your crash is being caused by something in your djay Media Library database.
  2. Can you please confirm if any specific action seems to be causing the crash? For example, selecting a specific playlist in My Collection or reordering playlists in My Collection.
  3. Can you also upload your djay Media Library database to our Dropbox so we can review it for issues? Dropbox
  4. Please refer to this guide to locate your djay Media Library database on macOS: https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014912211

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.