Urgent Help needed! Major lag in djay

I’m having the same problem. And it only happens after 2 hours into my set: From that point on all songs take about 3 or 4 seconds to load and the Play/Cue buttons are not responsive. And it’s not a Tidal related thing because 95% of my used tracks are on my HD. I’m using a Macbook Pro M1 16Gb and a Pioneer DDJ-REV5

Have you tried switching off Wifi?

For me, it’s instant, as soon as I switch Wifi off, it returns to normal, switch it back on and it lags…
But if I leave the App on and Wifi on for an hour or so and then come back to it, the lag also disappears until I close the app and restart it.

This is with iPad Air 5th Gen and Denon Prime Go (But also tested the same with my Rane One)

1 Like

Is there any further development with this?
Have the Dev team been able to replicate this?
The lag does eventually go away but it probably take around an hour or so, It’s like the App needs to warm up to the ide of having WiFi on and once it does, it works fine until I restart the app or perform a Hard reset on my iPad

Dont work well with rane performer ! (Macbook Pro M1 16 GB)

Slow when loading the tracks. It hangs briefly when you first press the hotkeys

when turning off wifi-no problems

This may be an issue that a few of us are experiencing although the cause appears to be iCloud Sync, Try turning that off and leaving Wifi on and see if that fixes the issues

Hi @Terry_Wegner, I don’t believe this is related to macOS 15. As @maurizio_T stated above, this is likely the iCloud Sync issue. So, I have merged your new topic with this existing one. Please try disabling iCloud Sync within the djay Settings>Advanced>SYNCING>iCloud to see if that solves your issue. Thanks!

2 Likes

That workaround fixes my Problem.

Thank you

2 Likes

Excellent. Thanks for confirming @Terry_Wegner

Hi everyone, I have another follow up question.

When you started using Apple Music do you remember if you analyzed all your Apple Music songs? e.g. From Apple Music Source → Playlists → Songs → Analyze Songs. Thanks!

I did not. I just analyzed a few songs
The vast majority of the songs I play come from my local library

Thanks for confirming @Markouchio

Same here,
I don’t have any of my music in the Apple folder,
Funnily enough, The lag issue appears to have gone away after switching iCloud Sync off and then back on again…

Okay, thanks for the info @maurizio_T

I as well have been having this issue during live sets! I don’t see an option to disable icloud syncing is the settings via Settings>Advanced>SYNCING>iCloud. Where do I go to disable iCloud sync?

computer spec
2020 MBP M1

Hi @itsRichySmart, please view the macOS section in the linked FAQ below:

Thank you for the rapid response. I will practice a set to see if I run into any issues. Thanks again!

1 Like

You’re welcome @itsRichySmart. Happy to help!

1 Like