Using DJay for Ipad with the Numark Mixtrack Platinum FX

Hi - I’m trying to use my Numark Mixtrack Platinum FX with Djay for IOS on an Ipad and it isn’t recognised. I’m using the USB A camera adapter to connect it and it isn’t recognised in the Djay app.

I previously used DJay with the Reloop Mixtour but the mixer is very basic so wanted to use this with the new mixer and your website states it is compatible but it doesn’t seem to work.

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Which exact iOS version, djay version and device are you using?

Also, is the controller able to send MIDI signals to your iOS device, you can check this with a MIDI monitor app like MIDI wrench:

1 Like

Hi I’m using IOS 14.1 with an IPad Air 2. I’m guessing the iPad isn’t able to charge the Numark Mixtrack Platinum enough. The lights come on faded.

To be honest it’s given me reason enough to upgrade my old iPad for a MacBook Air. I’m hoping that will work with the Djay Pro for Mac and pick up the Numark controller?

Try something like this from Amazon.

It’s a bit messy with wires everywhere (charging, midi, usb etc) but it works really well, allows you to connect to the iPad (whilst still charging it) and powers the midi controller at the same time.

I used one on my Numark and it still works on my SB3.

You’ll still need the camera adaptor though!

And as an added bonus it’s about 2 grand cheaper than buying a macbook air! :rofl:

Any queries give me a shout and I’ll drop you a photo of the correct way to set it up. :+1:t2:

Cheers

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.