Visualizers on Video

Why don’t the visualizer react to the songs being played?

1 Like

Well…for me most of them does it. What is exactly the point?

Hi @Slim89,

So that I can better assist you could you please explain in greater detail the visualizer issue you would like help with in djay?

Thanks so much!

I think what OP is referring to is that the built-in visualizers do not dynamically change to the music. Colors don’t cycle, lines don’t pulse, views don’t change, etc based upon detected beats of the music. The visualizers instead act as looped wallpaper. There are of course some visual FX that can be applied which are beat synchronized, but the graphics themselves are not dynamic.

Yes, what djsteve said

Hey @Slim89 and @djsteve - Thanks for your responses.

Indeed, the visualizer does not react to audio input.

If an audio-reactive visualizer is something you’d like to see in djay, we highly encourage you to post this in our Suggestions section of the Community. This allows other users to vote for the same feature as well!

Feel free to reach out here in the Community should you have any further questions or suggestions, and have a great rest of your day :slight_smile:

Actually, the FXs impact on visualizer patterns.

1 Like

This has been mentioned in the forum before, including by myself, but it’s never been acted upon.

A quick forum search nets you 28 results and it has been requested since 2016…. here and here for example.

Seems odd with the amount of processing power we now have in our tech we still don’t have dynamic visualisers.

Microsoft managed it on an old 386 chip back in the 90’s with Window’s Media Player!!

With todays processing power this task an M1 or M2 wouldn’t even break a sweat……

:+1:t2:

Who remember Winamp media player?
Best visualizers so far!

I am not sure if this is what people are wanting to fo but it’s what I wanted and I found a work around for Mac OS.
So if you have your own video you want to continuosly loop when songs are played this is how I do it.
So first set your mode to 4 decks, video to screen only seems to be supported on decks 1 and 2 so load your video on decks 1 and 2. Then switch to video mode and select the video output display. Go back to 4 decks mode and use decks 3 and 4 for the music and keep 1 & 2 for videos.
The video should automatically loop on decks 3 & 4.
By doing this you can have the same video for both sides of the decks or a diffrent one on each (1&2).

2 Likes