VJay For Mac !

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
vj for mac?.

any chance of that happening?

www.ElectricGospel.net

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
I would love Djay for mac to also mix videos and output the video to a separe screen in HD… ;D.

I reached out to Algoriddim’s customer support to ask about Vjay working for Mac. They referred me to up vote the idea here. I guess they’ve heard us, but after reading about the waiting time everyone has experienced, I guess I’m not overly optimistic to see any mac support. Sad really.

I’ve been in the market for a virtual video mixer for my wedding company for awhile now. I’ll be honest, I love how simple Djay is. I mean seriously, how often as a wedding DJ do I need to tweak the music coming from my laptop? I’m not scratching, if I do any looping, it’s super basic, and who really wants to hear “Sweet Caroline” looped anyway? If I need any adjustments to the audio, I’ll do that on the driverack or EQ. I just liked how simple Djay is.

With that said, the time has come where I’m no longer playing just audio. I’ve transfered into a full music video library. Anyone remember the days of shuffling through 400 CDs for find that one song and cue it up? Sucks right? But it doesn’t suck enough for me to consider trying to make my entire video library fit on an iPad, nor do I want to invest in an iPad jus to press “play” on some music videos.

I hate to go, but I think I’ll be moving onto PCDJ DEX3. I think Scott hit the nail on the head when he said “They are focusing on the bedroom dj, not the pro. That is obvious.” It’s cool for my brother’s college dorm party, but I’m not performing in front of clients that just wrote me a fat check on an iPhone.