Volume drops when using FX

When using fx on iPad I am losing master volume, then I have to turn volume nob to regain volume on the idjay live

Just hoping we will see this on the Mac version as well?

yes…i noted it , since i purchased idjpro…it’s a big problem!

algoriddim, what do you say about this.
what is the purpouse of the effects ?
we can’t use it, because the volume decreases very much.
it useless!!!
please do something, urgent, we pay for this, and we need this!!

how they can put a “pro” sufix in that program , if we can’t use for professional purposes…

i agree! other software don’t drop the volume…

Hi Paul,

Which djay version do you have? Which fx are you using exactly?

Yes, this is an issue with the audio effects in djay and happens with or without controller.

This would be a very easy fix indeed. Unfortunately however, raising the FX volume causes distortions on other songs.

I understand that this might seem like a trivial issue from the outside, but believe me when I say that it isn’t.

:smiley: ahahaha

djay 2.2.2 is out!!

Thank you for your continued feedback. Over the past months we have been hard at work improving almost every aspect about djay 2 in this free update for you, most notably:

• Sound: added audio limiter, no more distortion no matter how much you turn up the bass, filter, effects, etc. (turn on/off in Settings > Advanced)
Effects: fixed volume drop
• Key detection: added setting to turn harmonic match on/off (Settings > Audio Analysis)
• Automix: many improvements including the option to select albums, to only use songs from queue, or to use current playlist selection in library as the source (e.g. history, artists, genres, etc.)
• Queue: added setting to keep songs in the queue after they are played (Settings > Library)
• New gesture: swipe down the load button to automatically play the next track from your current playlist selection
• Enhanced song loading menu: available using tap-and-hold on load button
• iDJ Pro: added firmware upgrade that fixes channel swap issue and improves compatibility with iOS 7
• Various bugfixes and performance improvements

Thank you for using djay 2, please support us by rating the app with every update. We are looking forward to your feedback!

Your Algoriddim team

Another problem I’ve also noticed, when I use say the echo effect the volume slightly drops, it doesn’t keep a consistent volume while using the effect which is a bit annoying.

C’mon algoriddim, lets get something about this done! The flanger effect is very harsh aswell, can you guy make it to not come in so strong if you know what I mean?

I’m still noticing this a bit on djay 2 when using the echo effect.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
DJAY Sound FX Problem (With Examples).

Hey guys, I’ve posted about this issue for DJAY 1 but I’m still experiencing it with DJAY 2. When using effects such as flanger, phaser and echo, the track volume dips down and it’s quite noticeable. Also, the flanger and phaser effects come on a bit ‘harsh’. When I say harsh I mean the sound of the effect over drowns the sound of the music. I’ve uploaded a comparison of the effects for DJAY 2 and VIRTUAL DJ. If you notice, the flanger and phaser on the VDJ effects isn’t as harsh as DJAY’s effects.

DJAY - https://soundcloud.com/dj_baller/djay

VDJ - https://soundcloud.com/dj_baller/vdj

If anyone has any question post it below :slight_smile:

Yes gate as well.

Yeah DJ Player has got some really clean effects, especially the jet/flanger! I’d love if Djay could do what they did :slight_smile:

LOL!

Yep Still have same issue , been there since day one , come on guys sort it out please

Large volume drop on echo fx

Have been using your app since it came out. Recently purchased the Numark IDJ PRO. There is a big issue when using effects such as SWAY and ECHO. The sounds drops out upon hitting the effect and drops back after the effect is released. It is even more amplified when using it with the IDJ PRO. I contacted NUMARK directly and their techs personally tested this and found it to be correct, it is seriously altering the sound by dropping out. The worst is echo and sway. They advised to contact you directly as they were as we’ll. I am hoping this can be fixed soon as it is drastically effecting performance especially with high quali speakers in a club setting. Please UPDATE SOON!

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Problems with latest update with Numark IDJ PRO verified bye NUMARK Technicians.