What is the sound quality when using Spotify?

I’m surprised to hear that Warren - I assumed that the music quality setting in Spotify app would dictate that. I’ve got mine set to Extreme i.e. 320 Kbps. Is there any particular reason that DJay is enforcing that constraint?

Ok thanks for getting back to us Warren. Please can that change be made a high priority?

I first posted on this four months ago so it’s pretty poor that we are still without any form of credible response to this issue - and it is an issue Warren. I can’t use this tool in a live environment with the bit rate constrained at 96: I am able to stream from Spotify at 320 so I don’t see what the technical constraint is. You are losing new customers because of this - and the goodwill of your existing customers. Please can you reply urgently to let us know what the plan is to address this - thank you.

I’ve given up on this conversation. I haven’t been as annoyed with a vendor since Native Instruments decided to drop the Kore 2 product. Goodbye Algoriddim and good luck.

That means aproximately 96 kbit/sec? Would be very nice to be able to shift it to a higher quality, so Djay also can be used with a higher quality stereo…
But thanks for the spotify integration in the first place :slight_smile:

The recommended streaming quality is the lowest quality! May be its ok at bad mobile conditions. But its not good enough as the only streaming quality available. How often do you use DJay while traveling by train, where it might make sense to use this low streaming quality?
I would NEVER pay for Spotify, if 96 kbit/sec was the only quality available!

Well - I chose to use another service, since spotify could not deliver the quality I want. I chose Wimp HiFi…

No - but the thing is that I changed from wimp to spotify because of DJay. Now I changed back, because the deal is not really working for me with the 96 kbit/sec quality.

Thank you! This is what we where looking for for over one year :slight_smile:

The funny thing is: The option only shows up right after you chose your country. It disappears again next time you come back to this menu…

I wouldn’t have bought the app if I knew the sound quality would be this low.
Warren, please bring us some good news. :wink:

Grease that Spotify integration with djay 2.6 has been improved, allowing users to mix in key from their Spotify libraries. Have you also improved the sound from aproximately 96 kbit/sec to 320 kbit/sec?

Dear Algoriddim could you please give us an answer regarding the streaming quality of spotify songs . Has it changed with tha new uppdate?

I’m logging in here like ten times a day to see if there’s any news on this.

Hello, any news regarding the 96 kbit? Really would like the 320 kbit/sec option. The sound quality at 96 i too low.

Hi,

I have tried both the Ipad version and the Pro version for MAC.

The Ipad version has bad sound quality due to it’s set to serve a mobile device 96

The Pro version MAC sounds much better as you can set it to 320 in the preferences.

It’s also possible to cache the music you want to play by loading the songs you want to play with a stable internet connection at home. Tried it on a club two weeks ago and it worked flow less. The other DJ who played after me used Ponieer hardware with mysic on a USB drive. It sounded a little better and clearer. However he didn’t have 20 millions songs available… :wink:

There is no link or connection between the spotify app and the Djay app on the ipad. To cache, you need to quick load each song in your playlist… then these songs seems to be cached someway in the djay app… I hade approx 250 songs in the playlist I used last time…

I did also read that you only need a simple mobile connection when you have songs in cache…

Sorry, have correct my statement above. There is no link between the spotify app and the djay app on the MAC… :slight_smile:

Terrible News that DJay has such bad integration with Spotify

No offline playing allowed

and 96 is terrible quality

Hopefully this will get answered/fixed very soon

I can ́t understand why you don ́t answer the questions of your customers!

I bought this app to mix spottily tracks, but with the 96 bandwidth it is useless. It is really time for a fix and a answer!!!