What is the sound quality when using Spotify?

???

we are waiting!!!

I’d buy this in a heartbeat if offline playing was permitted and high-quality streaming was available.

I did a gig last Saturday with the ipad and reloop beatpad, using spotify only. I Have a good sound system (electro Voice) some tracks i noticed had a low bitrate, but most of them were okay. But i think 196 is prefered. This would be enough for me. Good point bringing this up! Would be great is you can set the quality yourself.

I’m really disappointed that Algoriddim can’t solve such this problem on Djay App!!! We all want the opportunity to choose spotify sound quality. I can’t stand anymore to make a performance and listen to some tracks playing so horribly! Maybe Algoriddim thinks that I bought a Reloop Beatpad, an iPad, DJay app and a subscription to Spotify Premium just to play music in my bathroom!

96 kbps ? Really ? Come on guys, fixed this !

96 kB is not acceptable.

It’s almost like they don’t want the Spotify part to succeed. Why give us this amazing integration and then tell us we have to listen to crappy quality and can’t use synced playlists?!?!?!?

Unfortunately doesn’t answer the question. Just because Spotify CAN do 320, doesn’t mean DJay will as proven with DJay 2 for iPad only being able to do 96. It would be nice if Algoriddim would respond.

What about quality on mac with new Djay pro? Is it higher (please be so) ?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why does Djay2 totaly destroy the Spotify Premium sound Quality ?.

I compared the sound between the app of Spotify Premium and the same music on Djay 2. The sound on Djay 2 is totaly flat. And it is impossible to change anything within the app. It is a real quality loss. Could the app Djay2 deal with the “exceptional” Quality grade of Spotify Premium ? Djay 2 uses a very poor sound quality. Can we change that or maybe algoriddim will improve that in a near future ? If not, the app is useless for every person like me who likes good quality sound.

Personaly, I didn’t try Djay pro on Mac. But you are not speaking about Spotify sound quality on Djay pro are you ?
I hope that Djay 2 will accept the higher quality of Spotify Premium in its next release. It is a shame and nearly useless to play Spotify Premium at 96 kb/s.
Thanks anyway for the answer.

You are waiting for an official answer but i can answer this. Spotify premium can get a 320kbtit/s quality. With Djay2 you will have 96kbit/s.

Does it answer your question ?

I cannot answer for Djay Pro. Should be the same…
Anyway, i got a good improvement with Pioneer Wego 3 pad and Djay 2 and using a DAC before the amp.

Does the app works now with Spotify when there is no internet connexion ?
It is the biggest default of the app running with Spotify.

Hi Warren, that would be great to have the option to increase.

Also did a private party on the weekend with Djay and spotify and sounded good, but I would also feel better with a higher bit rate

Its also only on djay 2, not the newer, more expensive, “improved” djay pro.

the latest update for djay pro for iPad now allows you to choose streaming quality, and it’s not buggy. djay 2… still buggy.