When Djay Pro for Mac supports the Pioneer DDJ RR?

The .midimapping files for DJay 2/Pro/Etc. are the same on Mac, IOS, and Windows

I hear ya, but the .midimapping file from the zip file for Mac, will give you the exact same result as full support

Download the zip file for the DJay 1.4.5 version (for Mac), then unzip the file to the desktop of your Windows computer

It’s located here, when you have unzipped the Mac installation DJay Pro Le 1.4.5 Zip file :slight_smile:

You can download the LE version zip file here

https://www.algoriddim.com/files/djay…

1. Look into this to open up the Application folder of Djay Pro :slight_smile:
    http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-acc…

The Djay Pro folder under WindowsApps is named “Algoriddim.djayPro_1.0.26480.0_x86__ysvet2nbq0e5e” or something like that :slight_smile:

Find the “Midi Mappings” folder there, open it, and copy the “Pioneer DDJ-RR.DjayMidiMapping” file into the “Midi Mappings” folder :slight_smile:

Now try to start Djay Pro with the controller attached :slight_smile:

Best regards
Brian

It should look something like this :slight_smile:

Is it that you don’t have permission to write the ddj-rr file in the “Midi Mappings” folder? If so, you only need the rights, you’re nearly there…

Hmm, so close but no cigar :slight_smile:

It worked on my PC at work, at least regarding the rights, so I could copy the “Pioneer DDJ-RR.DjayMidiMapping” to the equivalent folder in the Djay Pro Windows App (I don’t have a controller at work to test with) :slight_smile:

The only thing you need is a bit help with the rights in that particular folder :slight_smile: Maybe you can google that a bit more :slight_smile:
You are so damn close to success :slight_smile: Don’t give up Wahde… :slight_smile:

Otherwise all my work and yours will be wasted… :slight_smile:

Let’s show them Algoriddim dudes who’s the champs :slight_smile:

Look in the text above to obtain the midimapping file :slight_smile: You then need the “camera adapter” (the one with power input option, so that the iPad don’t run out of power) :slight_smile:
Then you need to place the midimapping file under Djay Pro documents by syncronizing with Itunes :slight_smile:

Then you’ll be good to go :slight_smile:

Same can be done with controllers that don’t have external power also. You just need to connect the iPad and the controller via an USB hub :slight_smile:

Best regards
Brian

I have a Solution, more of a recommendation. Isn’t the DDJ-RR specifically intended for Rekordbox DJ Software as opposed to the DDJ-SR which Natively supports Setato Plug In Play?

Waiting News!

Please map this Controller! Would love to use it with the RR.

Virtual dj ya lo ha incluido y funciona todo a la perfecciĂłn, ahora es el turno de djay pro, animos! gracias!

Apple just released an upgrade that comes with ddj rr ddj rz ddj rx compatibility

1 Like

Why Virtual DJ support it and DJay not?

1 Like

That would be awsome!

any news?

I bought my son DDJ - RR for Confirmation and he has not been able to work it with Spotify.
Please answer this tread and tell us if it planned to support it or not. And when that might happen. My son is very impatient…