When using DVS on the iOS Djay App, the Cue Points are Misaligned

Symptoms
When using DVS on the iOS DJ App, the cue points get misaligned.
Even when stopping the DVS record by hand, the cue points keep getting more and more off.
Calibration is fine.

To isolate the issue, I checked the following combinations:

Mac (OS:14.5) + Turntable + Traktor Audio6 (Audio Interface) + Djay Original DVS Record: No issue
iPad (OS:17.5.1) + Turntable + Traktor Audio6 (Audio Interface) + Djay Original DVS Record: Cue points are misaligned
iPad (OS:17.5.1) + Omni Portable Turntable + Serato DVS 7-inch Record: Cue points are misaligned

It seems likely that the issue is with the iPad app, and that DVS is not working properly.

Previously, I asked about a similar issue:

At that time, it was suggested that the problem might be with the Omni Portable Turntable. However, upon further checking, I found that the same symptoms occur even when using a regular turntable with iOS.

Could this be a bug in the iOS app?

Here is the video.

Thanks for the details and video @Takashi_Ishii. This is very helpful.
What version of djay are you using?

Hi again @Takashi_Ishii, I spoke with the engineering team and they’ve requested the following:

It sounds like the audio input signal from the interface is getting corrupted. To verify this please record the signal from the record going into djay using the following steps:

1. Verify the issue is currently happening
  2. Go to settings > audio devices
  3. Select Mixer Mode: External
  4. Scroll down and under recording input select the input you’re using for the turntable. If djay complains about the input already being used, go into DVS settings and remove the input for that turntable.
  5. Start a recording in djay and do scratching on the vinyl record (its okay if DVS doesn’t work right now).
  6. Upload the recording to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the file here. Thanks!

File prepared.

The noise is always heard when the turntable is stopped by hand or when the STOP button is pressed.

This is the same symptom with the Omni Portable Turntable (built in audio interface) + serato dvs 7” record when using the ipad app, and with the turntable + NI traktor audio6 + djay original dvs record.

Thanks @Takashi_Ishii. I’ve forwarded this to engineering for review.

Thanks for the recording @Takashi_Ishii, unfortunately this is a regular djay recording of the scratching, not of the audio input. Can you please make sure to modify the audio configuration as instructed?

Please record the signal from the record going into djay using the following steps:

1. Verify the issue is currently happening
  2. Go to settings > audio devices
  3. Select Mixer Mode: External
  4. Scroll down and under recording input select the input you’re using for the turntable. If djay complains about the input already being used, go into DVS settings and remove the input for that turntable.
  5. Start a recording in djay and do scratching on the vinyl record (its okay if DVS doesn’t work right now).
  6. Upload the recording to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the file here. Thanks!

Hi. I tried. But I couldn’t record sound with your instruction.

When I tried to record, djay shows the message below.

Recording with an external mixer is not available.
To create a recording, please ensure that the mixer supports “REC OUT” and configure the recording input in the djay settings.

Hi @Takashi_Ishii, sorry about that. The fourth step should be:

• scroll down and under recording input select the input you’re using for the turntable. If djay complains about the input already being used, go into DVS settings and remove the input for that turntable, then go back to audio device settings and select that input as the recording input.

I followed your instruction.
Is it OK with this file?

Thanks @Takashi_Ishii, I’ll send it to the engineering team and let you know.

Hi @Takashi_Ishii, the engineering team has reviewed the recording. Can you please check whether you have the sensitivity moved towards the left and whether moving it to the right helps.

Hi.

Regarding the inquiry I made, I deleted and reinstalled the djay app on iOS, and the issue was resolved.

That’s great news. Thanks for the follow up @Takashi_Ishii

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.