Will there be ANY AUV IAA or audiobus support?

…sigh…you and me both buddy.

1 Like

It depends on the AU, but DJAYs implementation is not very sophisticated as most hosts would show (e.g.) a dedicated preset navigator.

Recalling the latest AU & settings on startup would be very nice too as you’d most likely use the same master effect every time.

1 Like

Digital audio is fun.

Where it gets less fun is when you run into companies who discover they may run into liability issues by giving users a feature that may break some clause in a contract they have with another entity.

As I recall from when I looked into it, InterApp Audio busted something - either rights/royalty tracking or DRM, so it got dropped because somebody didn’t want somebody else’s lawyers knocking on doors with cease and desist orders and a summons to a liability case.

This is why Neural Mix doesn’t work with Tidal streams any more.

Now - that all said, AUM still is a neat option, as is Existential Audio’s BlackHole (for those in the Fruit Company’s orchard), And I’ve seen other options for people whose systems may be connected to soundcards that support Dante (RME has a few options, if you care to dig in), such as the one just announced by this company

See? Digital Audio is fun. Yes yes, you’re just a simple DJ. but you opened pandora’s box so I felt it necessary to oblige your desires with possibilities if you’re prepared to invest and do some extra work to make it work.

If you need help, let me know.

UPDATE: if you’re curious about who that Dante guy I mentioned is, https://youtu.be/LWGVoxiIRIA?si=l7g5MKCWZLLoLonT

Now do you see why I say Digital audio is fun?

1 Like

Do you have a source?

Edit: recording your set is always possible. Streaming too. There’s more options than mentioned above. Even Apple has free ways to send audio over the network in the box (AUNetSend). Other options to look into are for example NDI related tools (also as VSTs for Win & OBS compatible) but there are plenty.

One virtual cable I wanted to post here for future reference: Blue Cat's Connector - Audio and MIDI Streaming Plug-In (VST, AU, VST3, AAX)

On the hardware side of things I can recommend Audio Interfaces — iConnectivity as they allow you to route multichannel audio between devices with a ton of flexibility.

2 Likes

people have been complaining about it here?

The solutions I offered in that post are only a small glimpse into what’s possible/available based on what I’m aware of, (Dante is local Audio over IP; in-house/venue, intranet, LAN, but there are undoubtedly bridges to internet like OBS) and were to answer OP’s question about using add-ons/plugins for effects. Showing up at a gig with Dante connectivity would be…next level. If you really want, I can go buy my friend who works for the metal beachball-headed rodent DJ a beverage and see what’s happening in that world/level (he’s actually the guy who turned me onto the RME stuff)

1 Like