Windows 10 - DJM900NXS2 issue

• Device model: windows Laptop
  • Version of operating system (e.g. macOS 14.4.1): windows 10
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.1.2): 5.1.8144.0
  • Hardware/controllers used (e.g. Reloop Mixon 8 Pro): DVS setup - Pioneer DJM-900NXS2 (firmware 2.07 latest)

Summary of the issue:
Dejay pro freezes when I plug the djm900nxs2 into the laptop and open the ASIO Set-up within the app.

I also have no DVS signals when playing the control vinyl.

The setup works perfectly well with rekordbox

Hi @Iamcubist, have you downloaded and installed the latest firmware AND latest Audio Driver from Pioneer?

I also found this Pioneer Mixer Troubleshooting guide for Windows users: https://support.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/articles/4700613467673--Windows-Troubleshooting-for-Windows-user

Yeah, I done both of them.

It works perfectly well with rekordbox.

1. Do you have an active paid subscription for djay?
  2. Can you please provide more details about your Windows laptop?
  3. Please navigate to djay Settings>Audio Devices and share a screenshot of this page.
  4. Same for djay Settings>DVS Setup.
  5. Also for djay Settings>MIDI Devices.

Thanks!

1. Yes - paid via iPhone app.

2. Processor (CPU)
    Intel® Core™ i7 Quad Core Processor 7700HQ (2.8GHz, 3.8GHz Turbo)

Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE 2400MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16GB)

Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 - 6.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1

Sound Card
Intel 2 Channel High Def. Audio + MIC/Headphone + SoundBlaster X-Fi MB3

Uploading: IMG_6619.jpeg…
Uploading: IMG_6620.jpeg…

Uploading: IMG_6621.jpeg…
Uploading: IMG_6623.jpeg…

_Dejay Pro crashes every time I try and go into the ASIO setup it.

Thanks for the info @Iamcubist. Everything looks fine to me.

1. I would close all applications, uninstall the ASIO driver and reboot your laptop.
  2. Reinstall the ASIO driver then reboot again.
  3. Launch only djay and try again.
  4. If this doesn’t work, then you should submit an official support ticket through the djay app under Settings>Contact Support. This will allow our support and engineering team to review your crash reports and gather more information. Thanks!

Good morning, unfortunately there is no change. It continues to crash. I’ll report it.

Thanks for you help @Slak_Jaw.

Thanks for the update @Iamcubist. Unfortunately, I don’t have any other suggestions so looking into the crash reports is definitely the next step. I’ll forward this topic onto the support team so they can watch out for your official support request. In the meantime, I will mark this topic as solved so I can focus on others. I will, however keep this open so feel free to add new posts here if you want. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Iamcubist, I spoke with the engineering team and they suspect this is an issue within the driver that is causing the crash. Instead of trying to access the “open ASIO settings” within djay, can you please try accessing the driver settings panel in the start menu on your laptop instead? Thanks!

Hi @Slak_Jaw, I can open the panel without any issue via the start menu.

Also, every works perfectly when I use dvs within rekordbox.

I’ll take a video showing everything when I get home from work

1 Like

@Slak_Jaw is there anyway to send the video?

Hi @Iamcubist, upload the video to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here.

If you can access this panel via the start menu are you able to adjust the ASIO settings as needed and then run djay or does it still freeze?

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnOOHr-fD2UrgZZ05UGAa14dBOU4Tw

Here’s the videos

I’ll try to change the settings and then open dejay. Surely i shouldn’t have to do this though.