Won't let me load a track because it says it's in the cloud but it's not.

Also, seems crazy that I can listen to DRM protected tracks on my iPad using the Music app but NOT if I’m using DJay?? I guess the assumption is that using DJay will be making it public.

Long winded maybe but excellent work. Thank you for taking the time to work this out and share it with everyone. You are right about iTunes match - only affecting 3 of my tracks but they are there, paid for, DRM free but greyed out! I’m sure this is because they are not the same tracks.

And me

There is a problem with “Album Only” songs. djay cannot load them and gives the “iCloud or DRM” error message.

Check to see whether the songs you’re trying to load are “Album Only” in the iTunes Store. If they are then you have found the cause. For the solution we’ll have to look at Algoriddim, they know of it. I’m sure it’ll get fixed.

My guess is that the “Album Only” songs contain a couple of extra bits in the song’s header that Algoriddim does not expect, hence the header-parsing fails and it errors. This makes djay believe there’s “something” wrong with the file and it displays this generic “iCloud or DRM” message.

I can confirm that when downloading albums via iCloud to the iPad mini the “Album Only” songs cannot be loaded by djay. They do work when adding them via iTunes on the computer.

This seems to be something that needs to be taken up with Apple.

After a couple of hours of trying to get a playlist set up for tonight I’ll have to refute my previous claim…

Even when loading songs from iTunes to the iPad they do not work when they are “Album Only”. So whether you download them directly onto iPad or you transfer via iTunes, it does not matter. Tracks will just not play when they’re Album Only.

The amount of time this has cost me just to get some tracks selected has been ridiculous. Does Algoriddim have any clue what is going on? The application is fairly useless now, unless of course we go and pirate music… We try to do the right thing by buying music… but this makes piracy very attractive again.

The last update of the app was 3 months ago. Since then all communication bout this bug has died out. I hope it’s because they’re working on a big update and can’t talk about it yet.

Some official communication would be welcomed though.

I hadn’t read that before. I must’ve missed it.

Does Algoriddim use the file extension then to decide whether they can play a song or not? The m4p files seem to have the same type of header as the m4a files when they’re not DRMed. I haven’t compared with a DRM iTunes file yet (I don’t have those anymore)

It would be cool if Algoriddim would read the header of the audio file to see if it’s DRMed or not instead of going by just the file-extension.

I don’t know if that’s possible. Also, I would talk to Apple and ask them why they change the extension for album-only songs. You are a well-known app on the iTunes Store, working with their music. I’m sure they are willing to provide some answers.

In the update released on 2013-06-19 this issue has finally been solved. You can now load album only songs in djay.

This is great news.

I am having the same issue. Please work on the solution. I am trying to stay loyal to algorridim, but it is getting very difficult.

I am having the exact same problem. Someone please help with an answer. This is quite frustrating!

Cloud is the worst thing be imposed on any user.

I am also having the same issue. And I bought the app for both my iphone and ipad mini ($20). This makes the tool unusalble for me. HELP.

I’m having the same problem. I’ve been a faithful and very happy DJAY for iPad user but now I’m stuck. I can play anything I’ve downloaded from iTunes. Is there an alternative DJ app that lets you use something like winamp?

Same issue: the Djay app is unable to play any of the songs that I bought from the iTunes store AND relate to Fairplay version nr.2. The songs I bought from the iTunes store and do not mention anything about Fairplay version, play normally in the app.
This is ridiculous.
Does it mean that Djay app encourage NOT buying music from the iTunes store?
Needs fixing asap.

By the way, I am using the app on iphone 4S iOS 6.1.2

Going through other topics, this one looks very close to “Tracks not loading on iPad”.
If I understand well, the issue can be overcome by getting rid of the DRM and this can be done by subscribing iTunes Match. But sh… it costs 25 euro/year!
I don’t want to pay this money, pls make everything necessary with Apple to fix this issue.
Best regrds. Gilles

I’m having the same problem. No iCloud and I’ve checked iTunes for drum protected files. None of the files are drm protected. It will not play songs randomly. Please help.

This is complete B.S. Seven months later and there still isn’t a fix. Only TEN percent of my tracks are DRM-protected. I spent the time to check, plus if ALL of my songs were Drm-Protected as the message says, then they wouldn’t play on Djay period but they do play if I place them on the device physically.

This is an issue with the Icloud feature that Djay keeps promoting but refuse to fix. Either do one or the other. Stop promoting that you can download tracks from the cloud,because you can’t it only works with files that are downloaded directly to the device.

My fix is to make sure all of the tracks I want to play are physically on the device. That is the only way to play them.

Warren, I don’t think my response was clear. I understand that you have to download the songs onto the device first, but that doesn’t work either. What I was saying is that the only way I am able to get it to work is to manual MOVE the files onto the device. In other words, I have to make a playlist in itunes and sync the playlist with my ipad where the files are physically there. This is what everyone is saying. The cloud “feature” doesn’t work or at best it’s unstable even after you download the song from the cloud. There are multiple threads about this. I do notice on the newest version of the app under icloud intergration it only talks about cueing points and says nothing about actually playing songs from the cloud. So I guess you guys have finally given up on this feature.