XDJ-XZ Native Support

This question was asked previously on April 27th and was answered incorrectly. So I am posting it again.

When will the XDJ-XZ be natively supported by Djay Pro?

Currenty (as of 8-11-20) it is NOT, despite what the other post claims. I have this board and it does not work.

the XDJ-XZ is also NOT in the official list of natively supported controllers and the closest thing I have been able to find is a very rudimentary midi mapping that really doesn’t work well at all, nothing worth really using anyway.

So - I pose the question once more - when will this controller be NATIVELY supported? i.e. plug and play, like most of the other Pioneer products. This platform (waveforms on jogwheels, etc) is the direction that Pioneer is moving. So to not support this piece of hardware is really an oversight.

Thank you,

t

1 Like

Hi @DJ_LMNT

Thank you for getting in touch and welcome to our new community.

I added your vote to our issue tracking system for the request of providing a native mapping for the XDJ-XZ. It would be great if other users share their feedback and add supplemental likes in order to push the topic.

6 Likes

I second this. Havent used djaypro since i got the XZ. And i will not until Its supported. Its the flagship!!

2 Likes

Hey there, I am also waiting for the mapping for XDJ-XZ. As I have mapped the XDJ-RX2 by myself, I have also tried to map the XDJ-XZ but unfortunately it was not possible. PLEASE help us. I like your software but I cannot understand why the mapping usually takes so much time.
Thank you so much and best regards,
Felix

1 Like

I’d also like the mapping. I just got the xz and was sad it’s not mapped. I’d love to be scooter to use djay pro still. Please map! Thanks.

1 Like

Please release the XDJ-XZ mapping…

2 Likes

Hi I Just waited x4months for delivery of my XDJ-XZ. I’d seen a previous thread where it was said to be natively supported (that by an Algoriddim staffer) very disappointed it’s still not there. Come on guys it’s been available over a year now. Even the bods over at Serato got it sussed quickly and released around Jan 2020. I genuinely think DJay is the best, but you’re losing by not supporting us users. I had the SB3 before which worked perfectly and now I upgraded I’m forced to use Rekordbox guys. Please we need this like yesterday.
Regards
Dan
DJ Dan Singh (UK)

4 Likes

Bumping this up again as it’s now November and still no word on mapping. I understand that the XZ has full integration with Serato and Rekordbox, but y’all shouldn’t sell yourself short on Djay Pro 2’s worth to this controller. You have the best and preferred program for many DJs, but your program can’t be used on this controller as is and is seemingly impossible to program yourself.

Please, as a previously avid user of Djay Pro, I’m humbly requesting you add mapping for this controller and I’ll gladly start using it again.

Thank you for hearing my request!

2 Likes

Agree with all requests above. Please please please map the XDJ-XZ!!! Unsure why the XZ would be omitted from the list of 35+ supported pioneer controllers. Keeping my fingers crossed…

2 Likes

Oh hello…
Now i think about to switch from Serato DJ Pro to rekordbox and now to djay.

djay works really fine on both platforms >> macOS and iOS / iPadOS.
But now i was shocked to find out, there is no implementation for Pioneers XDJ-XZ available… :scream:

I would like to join the thread and ask for implementation / useful and full coverage mapping for XDJ-XZ in the next time.

2 Likes

Now xdj xz is not even working with rekordbox on latest catalina. I feel like made a biggest mistake buying this trash XZ. Totally dependent on djay pro now :+1:

Try looking closer at the security features for Catalina and see if something is preventing It from working with Catalina. There’s a lot of new security crap in Catalina that might be causing the issue. Big Sur is definitely a no go at this point since it is too new. But Catalina has been approved to work with both. I have Catalina and both softwares work on my system just fine. Mac OS 10.15.7.

Worst case. If all else fails then just remove and reinstall it. That worked for me when Rekordbox seemed to have a sluggishness issue.

Good luck!

Hi Lukas, is there anything intrinsic to the XZ that is preventing the native support?

Be great to know if this is being considered. It does seem a strange omission as XZ is the flagship all-in-one.

thanks!

1 Like

Happy I found this post. I’m currently pulling the money together for an XDJ-XZ. I would preferably use it with Djay Pro AI but worry I’ll have to use rekordbox or in standalone mode. Please include this as natively added as it is Pioneer’s flagship board, even if the jogs & color FX behave the same way as the DDJ100.

Does anybody have an decent unofficial MIDI map for it?

3 Likes

Definitely wanna throw my request for native XDJ-XZ support as well with DJ Pro AI. Thanks guys!

1 Like

Gets my vote - I was SUPER surprised that the XZ wasn’t supported considering it’s the Flagship. Fingers crossed…

1 Like

GOING ON OVER A YEAR NOW… WTF?

You have given support to a bunch of new hardware that has come out since then, including the Rane One… What gives???

If you can’t do it or are having trouble then just tell us - if there is a roadblock then please let us know. But it is unacceptable and bad policy to just be radio silent for over a year…

You want to be Serato - you want to be Virtual DJ - but they at least answer me within 24 hours - even if it’s not the answer I want. To just say you’ll “add our requests to the list” is the same as saying “thanks - we will take it under advisement.”

I don’t even care if you want to charge more - do it. Just bring the compatibility needed. I need this a hell of a lot more than Neural Mix. What good do bells and whistles do when you can’t use the product?

I love my XDJ-XZ. It’s not going anywhere. I spent $2200 on it. And there is no reason if a product like yours seeks the position in the market that it does, that you don’t support this product.

I might be going overboard here. Maybe too much coffee. But I really feel like I’ve been patient. There’s really no excuse at this point… But I admit I don’t know the entire situation - which is fine. I’m happy to be schooled on why I am out of line with my tone. At least you will respond and give us an answer. I’m happy to endure embarrassment at this point if it gets us some info. Because after more than a year - your silence is deafening.

Thank you,

Tony Z

3 Likes

:mega: Hi All, We’ve got some good news! Native support for the Pioneer DJ XDJ-XZ has been added in the latest version of djay Pro AI for Mac (version 3.0.9).

Thanks to all of you for sharing your thoughts and feedback here, and for your patience. We are listening and we appreciate you making your voices heard. Happy mixing! :headphones:

2 Likes

Hi Emily - this is great news!

Presumably there are some unsupported features - visuals on the jogwheels? How about the LCD screen - will it display waveforms etc? Or will it be blank using Djay? Support for mapping neural mix controls?

2 Likes

Certainly happy to see this but less happy to see how much isn’t working. It’s a start but feels extremely basic. Appreciate you guys getting the ball rolling either way! Was hoping to see waveforms on LCD and Neural controls mostly. Maybe added in the future? Looking right now to see if can map neural controls - which is the big draw for me here. Much appreciate you guys getting support either way! Thanks!