📣 ANNOUNCEMENT: Updates to djay, Neural Mix, and TIDAL!

Hi everyone,

As many of you are already aware, we have some exciting new updates to share regarding djay, Neural Mix, and our partner, TIDAL.

While we’re eager to share additional details on this aggregate topic, we cannot speak on anything just yet. Rest assured, we’re working diligently behind the scenes to ensure a seamless and remarkable experience for you all.

Please stay tuned for upcoming announcements. Happy mixing!

14 Likes

I thought April 10th 2024 was stated as the date when features like Neural Mix/Stems would be back?

Tidal had no problem billing my card on file the extra $9.00 but I’m still waiting for features.

Your announcement stating you can’t announce anything is slightly frustrating to be honest.

4 Likes

I hope we can have Tidal Stems back in Djay by tomorrow, so we can use them during the weekend. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I´m kind of tired of downloading so many songs in the last months only to experiment with stems…

4 Likes

well hurry, serato already works :wink:

1 Like

Did they automatically bill you or did you have to subscribe to the DJ option pack?

1 Like

You have to subscribe.

2 Likes

I was hoping for the weekend too, house party tomorrow eve! But at least we know something is happening. Genuinely excited to have stems back with tidal

2 Likes

Looking at serato pro it just looks like stems has just been allowed again, no other notable changes. This leaves me to speculate that djay has something else up its very big sleeve. I’m not on the team, nor am I on any beta testing team but I do have good intuition. Let’s see what the next few days holds.

2 Likes

I’m personally happy that djay pro is taking time to get it right. Would be worse if it was buggy and caused problems this weekend. Here waiting patiently…

My prediction is that they haven’t turned stems back on for Tidal yet because stems for Apple Music are coming at the same time. There’s no way Apple wants to be next to a competitor in pretty much the official Apple DJ app not being able to use the Neural Engine for Neural Mix.

2 Likes

Since we are all predicting. Let’s up the ante. Maybe djay pro is also rolling out offline caching along with stems and it requires additional testing. It is already supported in VirtualDJ so it is possible. BTW, when I test Tidal in VirtualDJ, it doesn’t sound good, maybe only the lower quality version is being downloaded. Furthermore, VirtualDJ does not give you the option to select Hifi quality.

Really good shout that. I would say algorddim will be making contact with Apple to get stems approved. It will be down to Apple to see whether they want to charge more for the privilege.

3 Likes

Or maybe updated stems functionality for the Windows version :smiley:

4 Likes

That would be cool. Do you think windows is more challenging with all the drivers and what not? I’m not a windows expert but it does seem more challenging.

2 Likes

More likely that Algoriddim started out on IOS/MACOS and they likely did some historical choices which makes it difficult to develop natively cross-platform. 5.0 was indeed a big leap in the right direction, now it’s just a question about keeping that pace.

Could be very interesting to make a poll about the prefered platform if there was no technical constraints.

I’m crossing fingers for stems update for all platforms.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure they are using specific Apple AI CPU functionality to speed up the algorithms. Under Windows this is harder because of the different CPU flavors.

3 Likes

Word. Hey man how you liking the Rane One?

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay everyone. The djay update to support TIDAL’s new DJ Extension add-on was submitted prior to April 10 and it should be rolling out to users soon (within the next few days).

9 Likes

Thanks for that, I wont be subscribing and might try Apple Music instead, No Stems doesn’t bother me too much as I might use Streaming services maybe 2% of the time

1 Like