5.0 Bpm glitches!!

Hi @Donall_O_Cleirigh, I’m linking my response from the other thread here just in case.

1 Like

If anyone is having Beatgrid issues, can you please try the following?

1. Check if any of the songs you’re having issues with show a red Reset button in the edit grid section.
  2. If so, please try using this button to reset your grids and allow the system to reanalyze them. Thanks!

2 Likes

Crazy. I was about to do a set when I had to update. Now I genuinely have no idea what is going on with the BPM. Simply put it moves on it and a lot of the time is not in sync with the other song. AND it moves without the music playing at all! This is a wilddddd update to make without proper testing. It really messed with my set.

I’ve read this thread and changed the BPM setting to straight and it’s still going haywire. This is a bug not a feature right? I absolutely love this software, and it’s the reason I haven’t learned CDJs…but honestly it looks like I’m going to have to make that a priority.

There needs to be an option to turn this off asap!

3 Likes

If a track consists of two tempos, is there a way to adjust the tempo either side of an anchor separately?

I’ve found a track that the Fluid Beatgrid doesn’t understand. DJay can detect that there are two tempos, but the grid lines in the slower section are in between beats. The grids in the fast section are in the correct place.

I’m finding I can’t correct one section without the grids in the other section moving. I tried placing an anchor at the changeover point but then the grid after the anchor was too slow.

@PKtheDJ try placing an anchor point on the last correct beat before the “off section” then another anchor point at the end of the “off section”.

1 Like

It’s not allowing me to add a second anchor…

Having the same problems.

This app was working perfectly before this update. As a matter of fact, that is the only reason I ditched my previous DJ app 2 months ago, and now this. This is unacceptable!

1 Like

…as who? What are the problems?

What is “this”?

It seems to me after reading this thread, people seem to be misunderstanding how Fluid Beatgrid works.

They’re so used to DJ software incorrectly assigning a single BPM to all tracks that they see any variation as a problem. Actually it’s the other way around. Now we’re able to see the true BPM any any point. If it varies, we see it.

2 Likes

Correct. You hit the nail on the head.

2 Likes

I made an account here just to say that this update is horrible. Songs that I am positive are straight BPM, are being recognized as dynamic and the tempo is jumping all over the place. All songs should be defaulted to straight or at least the option to default them should be added. I have a gig tomorrow and this is causing me so much unneeded stress.

Even manually setting those tracks to straight is an issue because I can no longer set my beat grids properly.

1 Like

Besides the annoyance of seeing the BPM jump, what is actually going wrong?

I mean sound wise?

1 Like

WHICH SONGS? Please guys, provide some information.

When you say the “tempo is jumping”, are you just seeing the BPM readout changing? It’s supposed to!

If it’s changing, then it’s showing you the variations in tempo from the track, not just an average as most software does.

1 Like

Can you provide some tracks so we can test also.

1 Like

@DJ_Akwaaba I hear your frustration, but in order for us to assist you, can you please provide specific details about the issue you are experiencing? Thanks!

Good day to the Djay Pro 5 Team… but I must say the BPM Glitches are real…

A SIMPLE FAST SOLUTION
An off and on switch for Straight vs Dynamic.
It must be a GLOBAL SWITCH, not just per song being played. I should be able to turn it off and on in settings. That should be easy enough for the engineers to resolve with a quick update while they continue to perfect this ground breaking software.

The problem I experienced is that songs would either speed up or slow down drastically in bpm. Even the best drummers in the world will speed up and slow down but not so much that it captures the attention of the listener. Djay Pro 5 is speeding up and slowing down and it’s very noticeable… If you’re on the dance floor, you’ll know…

Implement the GLOBAL SWITCH for now for Straight vs Dynamic and this will keep everyone happy while this problem is being worked out.

Alex

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your thoughts @Alski. Can you please also provide some specific song IDs where you’ve experienced this issue? This will really help to communicate the issue with the engineering team. Thanks!

Exactly! It’s no use just saying “songs did this” - which songs? Artist and title?

What BPM should they be? How much did they change? What tracks were you mixing together (give artist/title/BPM of each)?

I still think people are misunderstanding the new system, and seeing the variation in the BPM readout as a fault.

Hopefully @Alski will be able to provide the tracks that were causing issues. I’ve seen these posts a few times though when folk have posted issues and then not followed up with track info.

I tried to come up with some reproducible examples, maybe this can help the dev team:

• Load “DBC1” by Luke Vibert on the left deck (160bpm)
  • Load “Dub Plate Circles” by Undercover Agents on the right deck
  • Both streamed via Tidal

In version 4, Dub Plate Circles was correctly recognized to be around 165 bpm, which was automatically halfed to 82.5bpm.

(Sidenote: version 5 doesn’t half the bpm of my jungle/dnb tracks automatically anymore for some reason. This affects how the touch effects and loops work. Really confused me at first until I realized what’s going on. I then had to go through all my tracks and half the bpm manually again, for my effects and loops to work as expected.)

In version 5, the dynamic mode thinks that the track varies between 76.8 and 111.4 bpm.

At the very beginning of the track, it says the track is at 110.4 bpm.

When I activate sync (while DPC1 is loaded on the left), it speeds up the track to 160bpm, which makes it 45% faster than it should be.

At first I thought I can get around this by skipping to a part of the track where the track is shown to be at around 80 bpm, activate sync there and then jump to the beginning again.

But shortly after I hit play, the sync is deactivated and the bpm is reset to 110. But it keeps saying it’s only 3% slower than the original and the timing is correct in this case.

Unless I notice that sync is off and enable it again, which speeds it up by 45% again and ruins the mix without any hope of quickly fixing it manually afterwards.

This is increbibly confusing and impractical :confused: And I don’t see the benefit of this new behavior.

At least the straight mode fixes the issue for this track and just sets it to a fixed bpm of 165.

But unfortunately that cannot be said about all tracks. For example, “Beats for now” by Subjects was previously correctly regognized as 80bpm. But version 5 claims that it’s between 105 and 107 bpm in dynamic mode, and 106.7 bpm in straight mode. This bascially means I cannot use the sync feature with this track anymore and have to beatmatch (or overwrite the bpm manually).

As a developer myself, I understand how heartbreaking feedback like this is for a new feature, that you feel is revolutionary and that you probably put a lot of effort and smart thoughts into.
But as a user of your software, this update causes a lot of frustration and wasted a lot of my time already, trying to work around these quirks and getting my mixes to work again.

Please consider adding the ability to make straight mode the default. Also halfing the bpm by default again would be nice.
Or even bring back the old bpm/grid/sync logic. From my perspective it was pretty much perfect and I see no reason to change it.

Thanks!