Ableton Link

Jayneural. I fell your pain! When I was beta test 2.0 I was disappointed in what was being offered as a major upgrade. We asked for many things such as Ableton link , ISO EQ’s, and a filter that didn’t sound like a tin can. As you can see it fell on deaf ears. It has nothing to do with licensing because small developers have it built into so many iOS apps. I would even pay as an add-on… it’s not like they don’t rip us off on built in effects. It’s only a matter of time until Serato or Rekordbox get a reliable streaming service like Spotify or Apple Music. Traktor unfortunately seems to be more focused on production and my opinion is they are just slowly getting out of the Dj game. Maybe Algoriddim could scoop up thier programmers and finally implement some sort of midi clock function?

Ok …it’s official Djay Pro will be Vaporware in about 2 months. Beatport Link is now coming online! Rekordbox, Traktor and Serato all onboard! Pulselocker tech for storing tunes on the go…priceless! And you can buy the tune outright if you want. I guess I’ll be getting Ableton Link after all via Serato. Lucas I believe they are hiring over at NI?

Give us hope at least!

Matias, I’m a programmer myself and in that kind of software that stability is priority the developers need to be very careful with adding new features. So it won’t be a quick process. I’m sure there will be beta version that will be tested for some time till we see the Ableton link in DJay.
I hope we will have tons of fun with all those drum machines plus the Ableton Live itself linked with Djay Pro. But we just need to make sure more people get involved posting here without getting angry or impatient. So let’s be supportive!

I hope that two German companies Ableton and Algoriddim can work efficiently together and the link will be implemented soon. Amazing example how European developers can create amazing software and how cooperation and open environments creates products that everybody want to use. Go Germany!!!

1 Like

Great news Lukas!!!

I’m sure there is many people waiting for it. Thanks Lukas for the update!

Hi guys,

@all give your Likes in order to push the topic.

Thank you for this idea.
Cheers,
Lukas E.

Thank you for pushing!
Forwarded internally.

Cheers,Lukas E.

Hey there,

I pushed the feature internally and talked about the possibilities of an implementation with my colleagues.
Please note that I can not give you further informations about the progress of the implementation, I simply don’t know about that as well :slight_smile:

Be assured that I will keep on pushing as long as you guys are pushing :slight_smile:

Cheers,Lukas E.

Hi

We’re excited to introduce a major update, free to existing djay users.

You can now access SoundCloud’s massive music catalog to discover and mix millions of tracks. djay’s integration with TIDAL offers HiFi sound, millions of tracks, and MUSIC VIDEO streaming.

djay now also supports Ableton Link across Mac and iOS which allows you to seamlessly sync djay running on different devices.

Hey I just updated my LaunchpadPro iPad app and it has Ableton Link to midi synch with iMashine2 iPad app. It works beautifully. Hope you guys at Algoriddim are working on a good update to DJay 2 to get Ableton Link too.

Djay pro is a really cool app but as Ibob, me and many others have said that need to implement saved loops and quantised hot cues first. I’d like to see ableton link too but I think the basics need to sorted first. I really like the adjustable beatgrid as I play old skool house which has funk and rap elemebts and most of the time it’s bang on. Djplayer pro isn’t on a lot of occasions but I do love the saved loops and sync engine.

Plus 1! Please Do it!!

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Ableton Link integration.

Ableton Link integration.

https://www.ableton.com/en/link/

related:
MIDI sync out
Compatibility w/Soundbrenner Pulse

Thanks.

Thanks for merging, Lukas. Didn’t see it on first browse.

That is THE update!

Would really love this. I’d like to connect D-Jay 2’s tempo with my Ableton Push.

yes please

crossdj is taking the lead right now