Adding comments to tracks directly on DJPro for macOS

I am not sure if I don’t know how, but would be nice to be able to add comments for each track directly on DJ Pro, just like it is possible with Serato.

Thank you for getting in touch. At the moment comments of iTunes tracks are only editable in iTunes. We are aware of this undertake and pushed the topic internally.

What about comments on Tidal? This is something that Serato enables

1 Like

Metadata editing is something we are looking into. Please push the topic by voting and sharing your thoughts.

+1 for me. In a brief dalliance with Serato the ‘comments’ seemed quite useful for writing down a few notes on a track if it needed it.

BpmDJ (http://bpmdj.yellowcouch.org/) also has tags which were really useful, so for example I might tag Phuture - Acid Tracks as [“acid”, “house”, “techno”]. This would then show up if I searched for “house”, “techno”, “acid house”, or “acid techno”, along with a load of other tracks which are in a similar area. It’s a bit of effort to begin with (a bit like prepping tracks in single deck mode really), but it makes handling a big library really easy in the long run

+1 For Tidal.
In addition, I would like to add a color to the track that is used as background color where the track is shown, i.e. in the playlist. This way I can subdivide tracks according to “subjective” classification that is easy visible.

1 Like

Metadata editing is absolutely must in all cases. Should not matter if the song is physical file or streamed one. All tags should be editable : genre, comment, energy etc.

One nice feature would also be to have maybe 5 custom additional fields. User should be able to use them on filters and on smart playlists. Full control of the fields like

• title of the field
  • type of the field like txt/comma separated txt/number (optionally with min max settings)/date&time …

For example I would like to have “an event” type field i.e. if I’m having wedding event, I would like to tag the songs to be “wedding” suitable. So I could quickly filter out all explicit tracks.

Or if I’m planning an “oldies” event: not only the genre but I need year (when track released), event type “oldies” etc.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello everyone! This has been added to the recent djay Pro 5 release.