Adjustable Playhead Position

Can you please add a Play Head / Play Marker position adjustment to the settings? Traktor Pro has this feature which allows you to move the red play head marker left of center so that you can see more of the upcoming waveform (see attached). I’m more interested in the beats ahead of my position than behind. Thank you.

5 Likes

That’s also a really great suggestion, as I used this feature also in Traktor to see a lot more of the wave😎

3 Likes

Hi,

Thank you for sharing this suggestion. We added the suggestion to our issue tracking system and are happy you shared it. Please feel free to push the topic by liking and sharing your feedback.

3 Likes

Upvote! I support this suggestion too

4 Likes

I would also like to see this.

1 Like

This would definatel6 help and be an improvement.

1 Like

+1 Please - I’d really like the ability to move the playhead to the left.

2 Likes

Please make it (optionally configurable) to move the playhead (the red line) furhter to the left. Most DJs care more about the part of the song that is coming that what has already been played.

+1 here…:+1:t2:

Got to type some more apparently as my post must be at least 20 characters……:roll_eyes:

1 Like

This suggestion already exists over here: Adjustable Playhead Position

1 Like

Please please implement this. It is so important to see the coming up part of the track. For example the next drop. The old already played part is unimportant.

Hey @doogie, As @djjoejoe shared, this suggestion already exists in this existing topic thread. I’ve moved your post over here just to keep things tidy. This allows us to better track the user interest and feedback about your suggestion. :+1:

2 Likes

+1 vote for this improvement

1 Like

Bringing this one back to the surface, this would be a very welcome addition in all wave forms view. I currently use pro view in portrait orientation with vertical waveforms. I also split the waveforms so I can see drums, instruments and vocals on both decks.

I currently have to compromise between the waveform zoom settings so I can either see the details of each stem that I need for scratching and precise mixing or zoom out further so I can see up coming cue points/breakdowns.

Being able to move the position of the play head would be incredibly useful!

5 Likes

+1 still in 2023 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m really don’t understand why the default with most software is to center the play head on the screen. I want to see more of what’s coming without having to zooming out.

1 Like

No habia encontrado éste tópico y publiqué uno similar, pero sumo mi voto para que tenga más poder.

1 Like

Hey @Javier_Catalan @Private_Repress @doogie @Slak_Jaw @Gabriel_Gonzalez ,

Writing to say “thank you” for keeping this conversation going in 2023 :slight_smile:

Rest assured I will check with the Dev Team and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this. Cheers!

2 Likes

In the case of Sync type is BPM and Beats, I prepared same song on deck1 and deck2 and played from different positions, the playback position has forcibly synchronized too.
This should only be synced to BPM and Beats.

Hi @Akifumi_Konishi,

Thanks so much for sharing this!

Currently, this is not a supported feature in djay. However, we do have an open community thread talking about this exact topic.

I will be merging this post into the pre-existing thread found here and with that, we encourage other users in the community to vote on this thread for the possibility of its inclusion in a future update.

Have a nice day!