Akai AMX sound through mixer on iOS Djay Pro AI 4 -- how?

Follow the instructions I posted before but add that you have turn up the master all the way on the amx and turn the volume all the way up on your iOS device.

It’s working for me right now on the new update

Hope that helps. If not I can’t think of anything else.

Edit: Make sure you have hardware mode on too. I found this out when plugging my Rane one after this update. Never happened before lol

Thanks for the help. I’ve tried but still can’t get the audio to work through the AMX. I have the official Apple usb camera adapter, plugged in to lightning power. Does it matter what power source? Everything is working except the audio going through the AMX on both the output and pre-cue. Tried a few usb cables, not sure if that matters too.

It seems like with the update the output to speaker works again, so I can at least use AMX as a midi controller at least.

Did you ever sort this out? Running into the same issue.

I did not. I’ll just refer to my latest post here. I have a feeling there are different models of the AMX since it works for some and not for others. Pretty frustrating but I more or less gave up.

Incredibly unlucky. I was having issues with the left filter knob (kept jumping from one extreme to the other) so I found another one for sale online and picked it up. Really thought this would solve all my problems. Plugged it in - replicated the exact same issue on a different device. Must be a software thing and not a hardware thing.

I picked up the AFX as well - thinking this would be the perfect solution to portable djing but no luck.

I have seen peers with the XONE K2 having great success; but I can’t seem to replicate it with the AKAI gear. Very upset.

I also have a Xone:K2 but I didn’t try it with Djay yet, but it will likely work fine as it’s compatible with everything and anything. Great device. No crossfader though, but I can live without that. The problem (for me) is that it does not have DVS capabilities afaik.

It does not - I have seen and played with it mapped on the DJAY. I was running it via my iPhone which was rad. The AMX is working with the mac version now. Hoping I will be able to make the AMX / AFX work in the next couple days. If not, on ebay it goes.

Good luck! Yes, my AMX+AFX work fine on the Mac as well. I just want to get away from the laptop and keep DVS. I wish it was easier.

Do you have a AFX mapping for DJAY you could share?

That might not be the case. It works for me on my iPhone but for my son it only worked one time on his but he has an older model phone.

I found that if I don’t connect the Apple adapter with the symbols on it facing up relative to the screen then I get no connection with my devices.

Sure, here is one I made:

EDIT: I uploaded a new version with headings that explains a bit better, I think the column headings are only visible in the desktop app. Here: Unique Download Link | WeTransfer

I have two AFXs, one for each deck, so this one is only Deck 1. The Parameter Rotary is loop size, press it to autoloop, the left beat rotary is skip, left shift + record (left of the parameter rotary) is skip size + or -. The cue pads should work (including colours!), the scrub track bar works, however the selection buttons on top of the pads (cues, auto, manual, slicer, sampler) are just different auto loop sizes. I can’t remember all the other things I configure, you’ll have to try it out and edit it according to your needs. Luckily that’s easy in Djay. Have fun.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s so weird. I never even get this symbol (tried with two different original Apple adapters as mentioned before). I just gave up after many hours of trying, buying lots of peripherals and lots of pulling my hair out. I SO wanted a mobile DVS setup but it’s just not working. :frowning:

The fact it works with DJay Mac and not DJay iPhone/iPad probably means it is a software issue in my mind.

1 Like

Or a power delivery issue to the AMX…

Tha amx does work on iOS. I bought it specifically to use with my iPad almost 5 years ago. Until djay brought dvs to iOS I was using dj player pro.

Here’s a post from 4 years ago showing my home setup using it. Show your home DJ booth (Part 1) - #211 by Wyley1 - DJ Lounge - Engine DJ Community

It still works for me the same today.

In your photos it is not possible to see if the LED VUs are lighting up.

Because the deck was not playing lol

But whether it works or not, I stopped using this mixer because the LEDs wouldn’t light up without Serato or Virtual DJ.

The vu meters work if they are mapped to work. If you look at my previous posts you will see which mapping I use and you can see the leds light up.

At the end of the day it seems like quite a few people can’t get it up and running unfortunately. I don’t know what else I can think of to help you guys out☹️

1 Like

I thought this could be the issue - ran it through a variety of powered hubs, plugged into portable battery banks, etc. Still can’t seem to get around it. I would kill to get this working with the iPhone.

1 Like