Beatsource tracks being switched to Tidal when added to My Music

Agreed! I’m all good. Would love to stay focused on the original topic of this post.

2 Likes

I would like to add an additional aspect to this bug description. It can even affect existing playlists. After a restart of the app, songs in existing playlists may switch to Tidal as source, making it impossible to add further tracks to the playlist unless those tracks are removed. If you could pass this to the development team @Slak_Jaw, this would be great. I really hope they are working on resolving this bug soon, after we have been discussing it now for over 4 months already.

1 Like

Thanks for the addition info @feierlaune. I’ve shared this with the engineering team.

Jus to reiterate what @feierlaune said, this is an app breaking bug, and I hope that’s being conveyed to the dev team. My crate preparation has become a nightmare because of this bug. Like he said, I will be preparing for a gig, and try to copy tracks from one playlist in my collection (that “follows the rules” and has either all Tidal or all non-Tidal tracks) to another playlist, and it will switch some of the tracks source, locking the playlist and preventing other tracks from being added.

Hi @DJ_Hooded_Wolf, I have forwarded this along with your post in the other topic to the dev team. Thanks.

As it seems, this was not fixed in release 5.2, at least for iOS. Could you let us know if and when it is planned to fix this bug?

1 Like

Hi @feierlaune, unfortunately this didn’t make into the 5.2 release, but we expect to have it in 5.2.1. Thanks!

1 Like

Great to hear, much looking forward!

1 Like

It seems fixed with the latest release — at least for Tidal on iOS! Hooray! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Hello everyone. 5.2.1 is now available.

2 Likes

Success!

I can confirm that update 5.2.1 fixed the issue.

I added tracks to a playlist in my collection from Beatsource that were previously being identified as sourced from Tidal in 5.2, but were now correctly being sourced as from Beatsource in 5.2.1.

I also added Beatsource and Tidal tracks to the same playlist in my collection and there was no longer a pop-up about mixing Tidal tracks with other streaming sources.

Thank you dev team! Preparing crates will be so much faster and easier with this update.

Now… if we could start working on getting the Rane Performer supported ASAP. :grin:

1 Like

You’re welcome @DJ_Hooded_Wolf. Thanks for the positive feedback!