Crossfader FX and Old Automix Behaviour

Fully agree. Just started to play around with Serato and Traktor today but would love to stay with your product as I did the last 5 years. Please give us a quick and dirty fix and let us know ho to overcome that issue. It’s necessary. For the sake of your long time customers.

@thomas_williams I cannot think of anything else to try. As I said before, you can only get version 4 back using a system backup recovery. It’s not possible the get older versions of djay from the App Store or Algoriddim.

I have reached out to the engineering team again to get an update on changing how the Mix Now and Crossfader FX works. I’ll report back when I have more news.

“Thank you. Please consider the impact on your loyal users who have to change their setup when issues are not resolved in a timely manner. Your tool is crucial to my mixing, and I have already completed 300 mixes in the last five years with almost one million plays on SoundCloud.”

I understand that there is a major problem with the crossfader FX in your software. We have been unable to turn it off as described, and it seems to be uncontrollable. This is a significant issue for those of us who are interested in proper crossfader mixing. Instead of informing us that you have reached out to the engineering team, I would appreciate it if you could provide a workaround. This is not a minor issue, it is hindering my performance and the performance of others in my community. As DJs who perform at clubs and on the radio, we have a reputation to uphold, and people pay real money to see us perform. I’m not trying to be negative, but this is a serious concern for me. Check your SC messenger mate.

1 Like

What’s the issue with just basic eq effects been activated. Isn’t that helpful for a dj who doesn’t use a controller?

@thomas_williams as a working DJ myself of over 14 years, I understand your frustration. Part of my DJing workflow is regular backups of my entire DJ system and music library. I realize this doesn’t help your immediate situation, but this should be a part of any working DJs routine. I outline several of my personal tips here: General Software Advice / Tips

In the meantime, perhaps if you shared more details about your specific mixing style, I can offer some suggestions to work around the current limitations.

1 Like

Quick and dirty but gives you an idea

@thomas_williams the video appears to be empty.

1 Like

@thomas_williams please upload the video to your Dropbox and share a link to it here. Videos cannot be shared directly unless they are YouTube links.

dropbox

@thomas_williams based on this video:

1. Why don’t you simply manually slide the Crossfader across without using the arrows/Mix Now button?
  2. Alternatively, why not simply use the EQ Crossfader FX setting and have it run the Crossfader and EQs for you?

@thomas_williams in my personal opinion, in the long term, I think you would be much happier if you got a DJ controller. This will give you so much more control over your mixing than you can possible get from using a mouse and keyboard. You’ll learn a lot and your DJing will greatly improve IMO.

Even something really basic like the Reloop Mixtour will make a huge difference in what you can do.

With all due respect. Please don’t try to convince me to change my workflow.

I mix how I mix because I know what I do, and it’s 100 % fit for purpose. I will not change my style not my setup. It’s not a question of money, it’s a question of having its own style. I would love to use a neutral crossfader with not auto effects. Tried a lot of controllers, but this is not how it works for me. Sorry. Will you be able to provide a workaround?

a mix of mine

@thomas_williams I’m not trying to convince you to change your DJing style permanently. Just trying to help you get through your gig this weekend.

You asked for a temporary workaround and I offered 2 potential mixing options in my first response above:
“1. Why don’t you simply manually slide the Crossfader across without using the arrows/Mix Now button?
2. Alternatively, why not simply use the EQ Crossfader FX setting and have it run the Crossfader and EQs for you?”

The suggestion of a basic DJ controller was a bonus idea that I thought would be helpful in the long run as I have a LOT of experiencing DJing with and without hardware. Totally fine if you prefer no hardware. I get it.

I’m not a software engineer and I don’t write the code for this software so I personally cannot jump in and change something for you. The engineering team is aware of the issue, they are working on it and I continue discussing it with them closely.

Although I’ll make it through the gig, I need to create some guest mixes and contribute to a radio show. Moreover, I have a significant performance scheduled for Tuesday. I appreciate your assistance, and I understand that you’re not a software engineer. I just want to know if you, as the developer of this excellent software, comprehend the issue with fans who want to do real crossfader mixing without filters. It’s a fundamental technique, in my opinion. If I were to use a controller, I’d probably prefer to play on Pioneer gear, but that’s not relevant right now.

Eq one doesn’t use filters. I see on your video you were using eq. Why don’t you try using eq setting. You might get to like it. With every new advancement of technology there is always adjustments for djs to make. That’s what makes us dis, right? We learn and adapt.

1 Like

Hello everyone.
I’ll summarize it again here:

The neutral crossfader - which has been around for many years - is simply switched off by the new version 5.
Many DJs have used this function - just like me. It was one of the reasons for this software.

Now you’re simply getting rid of this function!

Does that make sense? You can bring as many innovations as you like, but please keep the original functions.
You obviously didn’t have that in mind. Based on the reactions from this group here, you should realize that it is important to us.
So please - bring this simple function back to DJPro, otherwise you will lose loyal customers.

I know you’re not programmers here, but this issue needs to be escalated to the appropriate people in charge.
If nothing happens here, we’re gone. That’s for sure.

You supporters can’t help it - you always do a good job and want to help us with solutions - but you can pass on the pressure from the community to the important department.

That would be nice :slight_smile:

Greetings DJ Siggi

1 Like

@DJSIGGI thanks for sharing your feedback. I have forwarded it to the engineering team along with the previous comments.

1 Like

Where can I select an EQ (EQ1) that does not use filters or other setting that can’t be influenced (knobs). This would help a lot. I want to have full control over my mix and this is not only my aim as you can see here. Its a very basic function.

As a DJ, I have a clear vision of my workflow and mixing style, and that’s why I choose my equipment accordingly. It’s just the way I roll. Not the other way around.

Perhaps some 16-year-olds enjoy technical gadgets, and these may be the customers you want to reach. I have been making music for 40 years, starting with vinyl for a long time and transitioning to digital for the past 5 years. It is essential for me to have full control over my transitions, which is unfortunately no longer the case with Crossfade FX.

Due to a judgment error, a crucial function has been omitted from the latest version of your product. Without this function, the software will no longer be as valuable to me, and I may consider switching to Pioneer Gear, which offers easier club play. I would like to know if you plan to address this issue and reinstate the function, or if the neutral crossfader will remain absent permanently, prompting me to seek an alternative. At present, I must admit that despite my great affection for the product, it has become unusable for me.

I want to give you an idea of how much I have used your product in the past. I have created more than 130 mixes for various podcast series around the world. Moreover, I have released mixes on both my personal profile and a local radio station. Overall, I have produced approximately 270 sets that have been published on SoundCloud using your tool. Besides I play live around 3 times a month in different venues in Zurich and Berlin and other cities in Europe.

Can you please let us know whether you consider bringing back the neutral Crossfader.

1 Like