Crossfader FX and Old Automix Behaviour

unfortunately not i didn’t think that you are changing the software significantly.

1 Like

@thomas_williams unfortunately the only way to rollback to a previous version of djay Pro is via a full system backup recovery like Time Machine.

@thomas_williams If you are having issues understanding the new tools there are several new FAQ articles which should help:

You can also search on the FAQ page for specific issues.

There are also some new YouTube videos:

If after reviewing these, you still need help, please create a new topic detailing your issues and we will try to help you through it.

Thank you for your message. Just to clarify, I do not use a controller and I would like to have the auto crossfade (arrow) function restored. Currently, when autocrossfading, the Crossfader fusion with effects becomes active, which does not work for my mixing style. I have been using this software for five years and have built a career with 5000 SC followers on my main SC presence. I hope you can help me restore this basic functionality. Thank you.

@thomas_williams

1. First, please provide details about the device you are running djay on and what OS version you are running.
  2. What version of djay Pro are you using?
  3. With Crossfader FX turned OFF, the Mix Now button should function the same way as the old arrow buttons.
  4. Please share some screenshots of these settings so I can help you further.
1 Like

13.4.1 (c) (22F770820d)
Imac

When i press mix now the crossfader FX becomes instantly active

1 Like

Dropbox - REC-20231222151939.mp4 - Simplify your life. see video here

1 Like

@thomas_williams thanks for the video that definitely helps explain your issue. I think I’ve come up with a temporary work around for you until this change can be made in the software by the engineering team.

1. Since you’re using an iMac, I’m guessing you have a keyboard handy. If so, I recommend you create 2 new Keyboard Shortcuts
  2. Go to Settings>Shortcuts
  3. Create a new shortcut like Option+Right Arrow.
  4. Set the Target to Mixer
  5. Set the Action to Transition to Right
  6. Repeat this for the Left Arrow Key and Transition to Left

thanks. but this does not solve the issue. the crossfader fx is activated the moment i press the new shortcuts or hit the MIX NOW button

1 Like

How can I de-activate crossfader-FX. There is an option in the settings but with no effect in my case. Strange behaviour. Anyhow. Any chance to get Version 4 back?

Correct. I have already described the problem several times here in the forum and I have already tried all the options.
Once again: With the update to version 5, the “neutral” crossfader, which used the settings in the automix, is no longer available.
And the fact that the crossfader FX automatically switches back on - even though it is switched off - cannot be correct either.

It’s terrible how you can program such great software to be broken.
As a DJ, I don’t need frippery - I need stable software that works at live gigs.

You would be well advised to fix this problem quickly, otherwise some DJs (like me) will (have to) opt for a different solution.
What a pity!

Regards
Siggi

Fully agree. Just started to play around with Serato and Traktor today but would love to stay with your product as I did the last 5 years. Please give us a quick and dirty fix and let us know ho to overcome that issue. It’s necessary. For the sake of your long time customers.

@thomas_williams I cannot think of anything else to try. As I said before, you can only get version 4 back using a system backup recovery. It’s not possible the get older versions of djay from the App Store or Algoriddim.

I have reached out to the engineering team again to get an update on changing how the Mix Now and Crossfader FX works. I’ll report back when I have more news.

“Thank you. Please consider the impact on your loyal users who have to change their setup when issues are not resolved in a timely manner. Your tool is crucial to my mixing, and I have already completed 300 mixes in the last five years with almost one million plays on SoundCloud.”

I understand that there is a major problem with the crossfader FX in your software. We have been unable to turn it off as described, and it seems to be uncontrollable. This is a significant issue for those of us who are interested in proper crossfader mixing. Instead of informing us that you have reached out to the engineering team, I would appreciate it if you could provide a workaround. This is not a minor issue, it is hindering my performance and the performance of others in my community. As DJs who perform at clubs and on the radio, we have a reputation to uphold, and people pay real money to see us perform. I’m not trying to be negative, but this is a serious concern for me. Check your SC messenger mate.

1 Like

What’s the issue with just basic eq effects been activated. Isn’t that helpful for a dj who doesn’t use a controller?

@thomas_williams as a working DJ myself of over 14 years, I understand your frustration. Part of my DJing workflow is regular backups of my entire DJ system and music library. I realize this doesn’t help your immediate situation, but this should be a part of any working DJs routine. I outline several of my personal tips here: General Software Advice / Tips

In the meantime, perhaps if you shared more details about your specific mixing style, I can offer some suggestions to work around the current limitations.

1 Like

Quick and dirty but gives you an idea

@thomas_williams the video appears to be empty.

1 Like

@thomas_williams please upload the video to your Dropbox and share a link to it here. Videos cannot be shared directly unless they are YouTube links.