DDJ-FLX4 MIDI Map (Unofficial)

Just downloaded however when I load the track to deck 1 its actually deck 2 on my controller. Seems to be backwards

1 Like

Thank you very much for this file! It works perfectly for what I need until there is an official release.

What I discovered:

• When I connect my iPad Pro 11" (USB-C) and start a deck, it will play out through main regardless of fader settings. This is only until I move both deck faders and crossfader once. Afterwards everything is as it should. So no problem.
  • Be sure to set headroom to -6 or even -9 for best sound quality.
  • Coming from a Denon MC6000 I was confused by audio setup. Correct is internal mixer. ch 1-2 for main and ch 3-4 for headphone.
1 Like

When i load the track to deck one cross fader is in the deck 2 position. It seems to be backwards for me.

2 Likes

The crossfader should not move when you load a track.

• If the crossfader is moving when you load a track; it is not supposed to do that; and it’s not part of the MIDI mapping.

Things to Consider:

1. If you move the on-screen crossfader, it will be out-of-sync with the hardware. You will have to move the hardware crossfader to get it back in-sync with the software.

2. Automix moves the on-screen crossfader and periodically gets out-of-sync with the hardware. If you wish to directly engage Automix - move the hardware crossfader to get it back in-sync.

• With Automix, it’s common to leave the hardware crossfader in the middle while the on-screen crossfader does it’s thing.
1 Like

This is so great, thank you!

I managed to install the 2.3 mapping on my iPad. The Bluetooth connection works like a charm. But I can´t get the cable connection running. I have tried the original cable from Apple (USB-C to Lightning) as well as the original USB-C cable from my FLX4 with an adapter from USB to USB-C which connects with my Apple Lightning to USB Camera connector. What am I missing?

I mean, Bluetooth is great, but I need to connect my headphones as well as my speakers. I would have an Split Cable but that means, evreything will be in mono right?

Any tips in the right direction would be very appreciated :slight_smile:

Don’t know if this will solve your issue, but I also had problems with my original Apple cables. The FLX4 has higher Power Delivery (PD) specs (5 Volts, 3 Amps) than many older Apple devices; so your Apple cables may not be up to spec. I have 4x original Apple USB-C to Lightning cables that work fine with my Apple devices, but only 1x works with the FLX4.

Some Things to Look for in a Cable:

1. USB-C to USB-C cables that can handle 3 Amps and also handle high powered chargers (18, 20, 60, 65 watts etc.).
  2. USB-C to Lightning cables with an MFI rating. An MFI rating means the cable uses Apple circuitry in the cable and is certified by Apple.
  3. I don’t recommend using the Apple Camera Connection Kit. Use a USB-C to Lightning cable to simplify the setup.

CABLES/CHARGER THAT WORKED FOR ME:
I recommend the brand UGREEN as I’ve had good luck with them. Similar cables/chargers from Anker would also probably work. And of course, original Apple cables with the higher Power Delivery specs.

UGREEN USB-C to USB-C Charging Cable

UGREEN USB-C to Lightning Cable

UGREEN USB-C to Lightning cable

UGREEN USB-C GaN Charger

Have you tried connecting power as well? Maybe the FLX4 just isn’t getting enough of that.

Definitely needs to be connected to external power to work with an iPhone/iPad.

Not for me. With my iPad Air 4, it works without external power, just directly plugged in. But that depends on which iPad you’re using and how much power it can make available - my old one was less capable in this regard.

2 Likes

Oh, that explains a lot. Thank you very much!

I ordered the Ugreen UBC-C to Lightning you mentioned and hope for the best.

1 Like

Yes, it is connected to a powersource. But maybe I could try bigger charger.

1 Like

That was it! My culprit? I needed a beefier charger. I tried again with the PowerPort III Nano from Anker. Now everything works like a charm!

Thanks again, for helping me out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yay, so great to hear! :rocket:

2 Likes

Thanks so much for posting this.
I’m about to buy the FLX4 to replace my reloop buddy. One of the main features I use on the Buddy at the mo is the effects paddle. I pull this down to activate ‘Echo out’. Is this mappable to any of the buttons the FLX4?

1 Like

The FX button of the Flx4 activates the manual FX 1, so it would probably be the easiest to simply store the corresponding effect there in DJay Pro. Otherwise, you can of course put it on any other button or performance pad, and use the dedicated effects button for other FX.

1 Like

Received my FLX4 today and got it mapped and working in seconds thanks to this mapping, thank you so much for sharing!

Quick question for anyone running Djay Pro on iPad or iPhone, should the FLX4 pass through power so that the iPad charges up? Currently it’s not doing that so I won’t have enough juice to get me through a set.
I’ve powered the FLX4 using a usb-C charger plugged in to the mains (and this powers up fine) - I’ve then connected my iPad to the FLX4 via the supplied usb-C to usb-C cable. Connections are all fine, it’s just the iPad charging I can’t crack!

3 Likes

Yes, the iPad should be charged. It also works for me (iPad Pro 11 2018, charger on the controller and then via USB C from the controller to the iPad). Maybe you need to try a different charger or a different cable from the controller to the iPad.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming it should work. Will play around with cable/charger combos.

1 Like

Hey folks,

Writing to share how wonderful we think the fact that everyone of you has contributed to this conversation is :slight_smile:

It’s awesome to see how you’ve helped and supported each other on this occasion (and not only on this one).

Also writing to confirm that, while we can’t share a timetable for this development, we will keep you updated on any related news as we keep working to provide full support for the FLX4 :100:

Cheers!

3 Likes

Fastest way is to use PAD FX1 (mapped to Instant FX).

• Pad 2 = Echo Out+ (though this changes if you pick a different set of Instant FX)

OR use the BEAT FX section:

• Select the target Deck (1 or 2).
  • Set FX1 to Echo Out+.
  • Press the ON/OFF button to activate.

OR The SMART CFX button toggles FX2+FX3 On/Off. So you could manually set those FX ahead of time and activate them together as a chained FX. Please note this toggles FX2+FX3 on both Decks.

• [SHIFT] + SMART CFX toggles the deck Tools, so you can change FX there.
1 Like