Denon MCX 8000

As I said above, the controller is not supported so far. We are adding support to controllers which gain a lot of user requests.
So the best would be to keep on pushing the topic.
Thank you.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hey there,

all your feedback is getting forwarded internally, we are sorry that there is no mapping so far but will keep you posted about further updates.

Cheers,Lukas E.

Hey guys,

thank you for sharing your feedback.Ā 
Please be assured that even it feels kind of frustrating, every post here on this forum is getting forwarded internally.
So to say, every upvote and post is pushing the Denon MCX 8000 integration up the ladder of our controller integration list.

Keep on giving your feedback.

Cheers,Lukas E.

Thank you guys for pushing the topic.
Forwarded internally and each post is bringing us closer to the native support of the Denon MCX 8000.

Cheers,Lukas E.

Hey guys,

after quiet some time, we are very happy to announce that

djay Pro for Mac 1.4.4 comes with fullĀ plug & play support for Denon MCX8000 and MC7000 DJ controllers!

Thank you for your patience.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Can if you map it yourself. Why would you though when itā€™s a standalone and serato controller?

Quite often controllers are purchased on the frills that they offer. In this case standalone with denon DJ engine as well as hybrid Serato. The denon sold as a worlds first and people buy into it. However once people try the controller with the SOFTWARE then people start to change there mind about it and seek to other SOFTWARE companies for support.

Always always always look at SOFTWARE first. This will determine what style you like to play, how you want to preform and so forth. Once you have found the right software that fits in with your style, needs etc then look at controllers that are best suited to that software including compatible ones and finally that fits your budget. This method will save you $1000ā€™s and even though there is never the perfect SOFTWARE and controller combo at least you will be close.

Joaquin can you tell me where it does say the 8000 is supported?

Just a thought this one Joaquin. Maybe Denon themselves donā€™t want it supported as they already have a software partner - Serato. Magic moments did have a point though. Always do your research first and see which controllers are supported. Who knows it may or may not be supported. In the meantime though happy mixing. Oh btw the 8000 works like a charm with djplayer pro professional. There is a mapping over at dj tech tools.

Or you could try another software which is available. There is a mapping on dj tech tools :wink:

Have you ever thought that Denon might be tied into Serato. Always makes me smile when folk buy shiny new expensive hardware which is only a dumb box with knobs, pads and faders without really researching the software options fully

Soooooo you want to dj with software thatā€™s not for commercial use.

Maybe who knows. Itā€™s what pulls people to djay pro though, Spotify integration. They just need to implement saved loops and quantised hot cues and it will be a great dj software tool.

I wouldnā€™t hold your breath guys, issues with partnered controllers havenā€™t even been addressed fully yet.

Specially when you know that except Mixvibes and Djay Pro, all others software does natively support it or have a 100% working mapping.

As i posted here ā€œhttp://community.algoriddim.com/algorā€¦ā€

They really should start mapping controllers natively Because Serato, Traktor and VDJ have the mappings for all recent controllers.

The current list of controllers seems to be 2-3 years oldā€¦

So the question remain, is this software getting abandoned ? Because no ANY new controller is supported except the Mixon 4.

Thanks Lukas

Where do you get trail version

Well, I just added the MCX 8000 to my inventory, and I must say, it is a serious controller. I would love it however, if you could assign the Denon Engine to channels 3 & 4 and not just 1&2ā€¦

Anyway, with Serato and Engine, the integrated screens display waveforms and other prime information.

Surprisingly, DJ Pro 2 does notā€¦

It would be a nice add for the next release.

Also, when engine is engaged, it only permits pc connections and related control on channels 3 & 4. This is a challange for DJ Pro 2 as it only automixes on channels 1 & 2ā€¦ If would be helpful, if the auto mix could be assigned channels 3 & 4, as needed.

In this way, channels 1 & 2 can be used for live mixing, and 3&4 for dinner mixes, etc., using DJ Pro 2 in auto mix mode.

Keep up the good workā€¦

Thanks

Guyā€™s, this isnā€™t big deal. It is a cosmetic benefit only if youā€™re not using Denon Engine, Serato or another supported Software.

The real problem is that you cannot assign DJ PRO 1 or 2, to channels 3 or 4, and run auto mixes.

I mix live using Denon Engine or Serato. The MCX8000, only lets you use Engine on channels 1 and 2. Leaving 3 and 4 for PC or analog line lines.

I like to use DJ PRO 1 or 2 for Automixing background music sets. If I use USB, I cannot assign auto mixes to channel 3 and 4 (could be wrong, but so far not working). So, I use line 3 analog in from one laptop running DJ PRO 2 for background auto mixes, and direct USB connection on another laptop, assigned to channels 1 and 2, running Serato. and I frequently switch one channel to Denon Engine, for scratching, on the right side of the surface. Just a flip of a switch and my scratch files are ready and waiting, then flip back right where I left off in Serato.

These guys are great, they will eventually provide this feature. This is the best surface for pros currently. One would have to spend double to find a better surface.

AND I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO A FUTURE UPDATE OR NEW VERSION THAT SUPPORTS IT>

I do wish the DENON, would make all 4 channels Engine Selectable, permitting only one or two to function at a time. That is on Denonā€¦