djay 2 features for Mac users.... >:(

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Update anytime soon with many suggested features?.

Its been a long time for any true update to djay for mac. The new features for ipad are great. When will there be an update I use this live 3 times a week. I’m sure this has come up before we all want to know.

djay 2 for Mac.

Is there a Mac version of djay 2 in the works?

The djay 2 for iOS is amazing and I couldn’t imagine the experience I can get from a Mac version of djay. Hope djay 2 will come in the near future.

djay 4.0
November 16, 2011

Taking these 2 lines from the official Algoriddim Website says all to me. There were some service releases since then up to the current 4.2.2 in late 2013 but that simply doesn’t count.

Go on Algoriddim and show some sign, that DJAY for Mac is not abandoned by now.

Or if so, say that loud!

Well, in fact, I really use my iPad professionally. It’s awesome to control my QLC+ running in the background.

TouchOSC on the iPad is an awesome app to control my lighting with while my Macbook Screen shows - ahem - Traktor - ahem - fullscreen.

:wink:

Algoriddim did not left me with a choice. As there is no support for my awesome Stanton SCS.1 - Controller and it’s motorized platters and as I see absolutely no more love from Algoriddim for their Mac App, I had to make a decision.

The longer I wait, the lower my expectations. Looks like the Mac version has been discontinued after the LION release.

I am pretty sure, in terms of sales numbers the iOS App is far more important to Algoriddim than the real pro solution DJAY for Mac can and will be.

But yes, I more or less moved to Traktor Pro.

It’s only for really small venues, where I have to use my (ancient) Vestax VCI-100 instead of my huge Stanton SCS.1, when I load Djay as their Mapping for the VCI-100 is simply awesome.

Look again at the teaser. I bet it’s Android. That shadow!

And then it’s for sure, that Algoriddim did the toy way away from the DJ.

Bye, bye. It’s been nice as long as it lasts …

Yes and better “SPIN” 1st generation integration - getting the SPIN Mic to work is hit n miss w many reboots… an update that has the new features and better SPIN-1 compatibility for Auto Midi Mapping would be great!

With a little digging I think the issue is with the controller Vestax 2 (don’t buy it). I ordered a Numark Mixtrack Pro !! controller and I think my issues will go away…will keep you posted.

The reviews on Amazon for my Vestex 2 are terrible and indicate the random weird controller induced things I was experiencing… Let’s not jump on Algoriddim yet - may not be their issue… Thanks

Agreed!! I’m a paid DJ at my college, and only use DJ for Mac. Since spotify integration has been introduced to mobile devices, I decided to check out Djay 2… and found out that with the new effects packs, colored wavelengths, and spotify integration that the mobile apps were much more powerful than the mac software currently is.

Apparently they’re working on this, but I’d really love to see some results soon, like within a month or 2.

It wouldnt take them this long to simply transfer the iOS software to Mac. I believe they’re taking the Mac and advancing it far past iOS… I sure hope so at least. I’m an avid user of Djay and if Spotify integration and all the other goodies like new effects were on the Mac, I’d be killer!!!

Hurry, Algoriddim, we love your app but we’re tired of waiting :wink:

I second that man!! I’m actually looking at traktor tutorials daily… Thinking of making the switch. But traktor doesn’t and probably will never have spotify integration, which is hugely appealing to me… So that’s why I wanna stay with djay… I downloaded djay j2 and got the FX packs and I’m simply salivating at what I could do if that was on the mac…

Please algoriddim, it’s way more than time. - August 1st is late to me, but still a good timeframe because it’s before I would go back to college, where I get paid to Dj campus wide parties…

Please hurry!!! And Adam, thanks for making this thread.

That’s good news, but are we talking days, weeks, or months before an upgrade?

Also, I’m curious as to why this has taken so long to develop & deliver. It should be extremely easy to duplicate features that have already been scrutinized and implemented into iPhone/iPad.

From a customer perspective, Algoriddim is behaving as if it accidentally hired 100 marketing majors and only 1 software programmer who can’t keep up. Do you understand my frustration?

Thanks for keeping this thread alive, guys. I love the Mac software and I was antsy for the upgrade 5 months ago, hence my original post, but that subsided as I got busier with college courses. When I read the email about Spotify integration for iOS, my blood boiled, and I had to return to this thread to voice my opinion. Why would a company knowingly and blatantly deprive its customers who are clearly generating the most revenue?! Mac users buy controllers for hundreds of dollars a piece, sometimes more - while iOS users pay $10-20 for the app. Hell, the app is free right now! What’s going on internally with this company? No comprendo.

My bottom line: Release djay 2 for Mac with all the new features included, before August 1st, or my business will no longer be your business, algorridim. Traktor is looking better each day this issue is not addressed, and the number of days is absurd. Get your ducks in order. Execute the task that’s been at hand for almost a year. Please. I’m throwing you one last bone but this is getting algorridiculous.

Adam,

I hear you, I feel a bit frustrated too. I am hoping that it is a case of adding more features more than the iOS version,especially a merger with vjay i.e. Djay for the mac with video! One can only hope.

That, plus all the features of the iOS app and some default mappings the latest controllers will make Djay a contender again.

RD

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Are colored waveforms and waveform mode available for the Mac version of djay?.

I have version 4.2.2 on my Macbook and all I seem to get are tiny wave forms above each turntable.

Boo! , and thank you, Edison.

We need to fix the Mac app please.

add new look add new mix add new features

fix mac djay / new djay 5.0.

fix app djay / djay 5.0

I’m kinda frustrated too since there are so many awesome features on the iOS version, but the Mac one keeps getting more and more deprecated.

I’m a huge fan of djay and I’ve been using it for a long time now, however other software have been making their way from the very ground zero to almost-beating djay features.

Please do it quickly! Love your software!

Rgds,
Zaquia