Djay/iOS 10 update Mixtour Disconnects

Thanks Lukas. I started a thread in their support forum as well. Hopefully, it’ll help get a resolution started soon.

Seems a little late to warn people when iOS 10 was released last week. And they’ve pretty much eliminated users with the iPhone 7.

I successfully upgraded the firmware on my Mixtour by using my Mac. Now it doesn’t turn on at all when I plug it into either my iPad or iPhone. MIDI Wrench is reporting it as offline.

The controller only seems to turn on when plugged into my Mac via USB.

Congratulations Yannick!

I have been trying to post my issue on the Reloop DJ forum, but for whatever reason, my account is unable to reply to posts I create.

I’m still unable to power on the Mixtour when I plug it into any of my iOS devices while plugged in with the included power supply.

Doing a soft and hard reboot of my iOS devices did not work. The Mixtour will not power on while plugged into any iOS device (iPad Air/iPhone 5S). It only will power on while plugged into my Mac which I used to upgrade the firmware to 1-07.

I’ve tried posting on Reloop’s support site, but for some reason I cannot reply to any posts. I’m only able to create new ones. I’ve asked one of their support people to message me directly, but have not heard back.

So far I have a $200 paperweight on my hands.

Hi Lukas-

That’s correct. After I updated the firmware, the controller will not power on while plugged into either of my iOS devices. I’ve checked midi wrench and it is showing that the Mixtour is ‘offline’.

I’ve also heard back from Reloop on their support forum and they’re saying it’s a hardware issue, but the controller powers on when plugged into a Mac. The problem of being unable to power on while plugged into an iOS 10 device began after I installed the 1-07 firmware update.

Yes. I did all of the above.

Where is this switch?

Unfortunately, that doesn’t fix my issue with my Mixtour not powering on when plugged into an iOS 10 device :frowning:

Hi i have the same problem with my iPad Air 2, buT with my iPhone 6 is running good.all devices have iOS 10. Someone know what happened ?

exactly the same for me :frowning:

ps i meant to say DJAY2 on iOS10 on iPhone 6s is the version that is cutting out. Still works fine on the previous iOS on iPad mini 2

Same problem with Djay 2 and reloop beatpad 2 on ipad retina with ios10.

Updated my reloop beatpad 2 with the v.20 firmware: everything back to normal, my equipment works fine now with iOS10! Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

Upgraded to iOS 10 a few days ago…finally got around to testing with Mixtour and having the same issue.

iPad Air 2
iOS 10.0.1
DJay Pro 1.0.4

iOS devices says “Not Charging”
Midi Wrench shows Mixtour sending signals with no problem
Start DJay Pro…which works for about 30 seconds before losing signal
Mixtour stops sending signals (as shown in midi wrench) once it drops connection in DJay Pro.

Reloop have just released a Firmware update for the Mixtour and Beatpad 2.
Taken from their support page:

UPDATE: Reloop iOS & djay Users on iOS 10:
We are happy to announce that our iOS controllers now fully support iOS 10 with the latest versions of @djay.
Please find Firmware Updates for your device below:
MIXTOUR - FW Update v.1-07
www.reloop.com/reloop-mixtour#download
BEATPAD 2 - FW Update v.20
www.reloop.com/reloop-beatpad-2#download
Note: BEATPAD (Generation 1) does not require any FW Update.
Have a nice Weekend!

Same here, after liker one minute my mixtour disconnects from my ipad mini2 since i upgraded on ios10

unfortunately I have to confirm the exact same behavior mentioned above regarding disconnection of the mixtour from an iPad mini 3 and iPhone 6, running iOS 10.0.2 and 10.0.1 respectively.

Of course firmware v1.07 has been installed and I tested everything after both devices have gone through a power-cycle. the mixtour itself works fine when connected to a macbook air

it is really, really annoying th read an announcement like “we support iOS10” and then having to learn that this is not the case.

any solution in sight?