Djay loses/mixes hot cues.

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model: Laptop running windows 11 rtx 4070 intel I7 12650H.
  • Version of operating system: Windows 11
  • Version of djay : 5.2.99
  • Hardware/controllers used : Reloop mixon 8 pro.

I have been preparing hundreds of songs and some hot cues do not appear after restarting the app, sometimes they do not show or show a different one.

To reproduce just open Djay pro, load a song, edit hot cues, then close program and re open again load the same song and sometimes hot cues are not there.

1 Like

Hi @Nicolas_Badilla, thanks for the details about your setup and the issue.

1. Are you using a streaming service? If so which one(s)?
  2. If you are using Local Music, what file type are you using and are the songs stored on your internal drive or an external one?
  3. Can you please try to capture a video of the issue, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? Thanks!

1- Im only using local music, from my laptop and nowhere else, I have not used any pendrives or anything since I use the reloop mixon 8 pro

2- I had a video or “thought” I had a video but djay pro does not allow screen recording so it did not record. Im going to give it a try with phone. but basically what I described

What file format are your songs?

Mostly mp3, some are wav. Note that there are songs who I got from a friend that had previous cue points (which I deleted and placed my own)

Thanks @Nicolas_Badilla. Have you noticed if the issue happens with both the MP3 and WAV files? What software did your friend use to add the previous cue points? Please try to capture and share a video of this issue. Thanks!

Song in the video is MP3 it happens only with some of them.
The songs were used in SERATO DJ software.
Here is video footage from my phone (watch completely please):

As you can see I place new hot cues for that song and then when restarting the app the hot cues I just added do not show.

1 Like

Thanks for the video and additional details @Nicolas_Badilla. I’ve shared this with our engineering team to see if they can replicate the issue. In the meantime, on your laptop can you please navigate to Music>djay>djay Media Library and upload the files in this folder to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the them here or in a DM? Thanks!

Reinstalled the app, and the problem persists, now it is a bit different, the hot cues do not show, but after you press play/pause a few times they suddenly reappear.
I uploaded the song from the video also in case there is something wrong with the file.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1u1mr1k5MVqm8bMvSkf3ckAa0VDIAVWFX?usp=sharing

Thanks for the additional info and attachments. I’ve passed this onto engineering for further review.

Thank you, Id like to stay with Djay pro but Im gonna have to switch to serato meanwhile, Is there a way to import hot cues from serato to Djay, after fixes are made like the one we are discussing here, or the fact that after loading a song library resets to the top?

You’re welcome @Nicolas_Badilla. You will need a third party software to export Serato Hot Cues to djay:

3 Ways To Convert Your DJ Library Between Platforms - Digital DJ Tips).

Hi @Nicolas_Badilla, do the cue points load correctly if you load the same song multiple times on a deck without restarting djay?

I had that happen once, but most of the time they just not load.

Thanks for the answer @Nicolas_Badilla

1 Like

I have the same issue on my MacBook Pro M1! I use a Rev 5 & SR2, usually it mixes up the hot cue, the losing of hot cues isn’t as common.

Thanks for the info @Kachi. Do the cue points load correctly if you load the same song multiple times on a deck without restarting djay?

1 Like

Hello @Kachi and @Nicolas_Badilla, can you please update to the latest Windows: 5.2.10195.0 version and let me know if this solves your issue? Thanks!

thank you! will check as soon as possible

1 Like

Now what happens is that, hot cues come back after spamming play/pause button.