Djay Pro native support for Mixtrack Platinum

Sereto and VDJ licenses each are $300 each …

Same here…

Dave, it is very clear, more than you know.
The Serato full license is expensive especially if you have other solutions for DJ music already and look for video solutions.

Dave, thanks so much for this info.

Hi,
looking forward to the mixtrack platinum support.

Admins are just answering the first question and ignore the rest…

Hey Lukas, if you make it in January I will purchase the full FX pack fot support :v:

I would love to see this get added soon, otherwise I will be switching to Serato

Hello,

Can we please get a dev log going as this has been a long-awaited addition that I am sure many of us would love to track the progress of… If it’s going to be too long I’m going to have to switch to Serato for a while and I really don’t want to do that :(. Thank you!!

Hi Dave,

I understand and agree with your point.

However, I just took a look at Numark’s website and there is no information regarding Serato’s exclusivity.
Numark says Mixtrack Platinum ships with Serato, just like many audio interfaces ships with certain DAW, but it does not mean they will work exclusively with that DAW.

Anyway, I understand it is not Algoriddim’s fault if they are not able to fully support such controller.

Fortunately mine came from Amazon and it is very easy to return it under misleading information claim… but I like this controller and I’ll wait a bit more for some awesome news. If they don’t come, I’ll have to figure some solution because I really don’t appreciate Serato…

Aloha all… I registered just to add another +1 to this thread :slight_smile: Excited to hear that the formal mapping is in the works… at the moment I have to have Serato DJ Intro loaded in the background to keep the Platinum out of Demo Mode.

I don’t regret the purchase one bit, and I having been loving djay Pro, so I’m excited to get to use both of these tools to their full capability.

Ahhhh I feel better! Now that MIDI out is ticked, don’t need the absurd Serato in background hack… this is getting smoother by da moment

Ok, I have spent the past couple of days learning how midi mapping works and I have created a very solid map of this controller for two decks.

You can find a link to the mapping here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nz7yzrnefn8…

The main issue is that it starts up in demo mode and all the lights start blinking. I have found a sort of hack – load up Serato Intro after plugging in the controller, then once everything has initialized, instead of quitting Serato Intro, go to Apple and ’ ‘Force Quit’ Serato. This prevents it from putting the controller back into demo mode. You are now free to load up djay Pro with no conflicts.

Good luck!

Jay – I honestly am very new to DJing and this is my first time with jog wheels. I slightly modified the settings from Hodge above, and did a brief comparison to Serato Intro… seems to be in order roughly speaking. You can always modify the speed settings in the Midi learn option.

To answer you other question – go to MIDI up in the options, then Configure Mixtrack Platinum. Then next two MIDI configuration, you will see the name of the current file. To the right of that is a little box with an arrow pointing up. Click that and choose ‘Show in Finder’. This opens up the folder with all of the configuration files. Simply drop the config file you downloaded into that same folder, restart djay Pro, and open up the MIDI configuration again. The new file should be available in the drop down.

I recommend looking through it to see how I mapped things – there’s a surprising amount of flexibility here. I noticed there is an option to map a button as the controller shift key. This is actually different than the shift key inherent on the controller (that has a firmware shift function). I have since posting the above file mapped the TAP beats key to the software shift function which effectively doubles the amount of usable keys I have on the controller.

I’m quite pleased with how it’s turned out so far, it’s actually more versatile than I had hoped and I imagine I will remap a fair amount even after the formal mapping is released.

Turkey – You’re very welcome! I’m grateful for the help in this forum getting me up and running.

… that’s good to know!! Heck a of a lot simpler.

You know, I’m hoping that means that it just requires them extra coding. For example, the Mixtrack Pro 3 has volume meters that I’m assuming they had to code in as I can’t find a way to do it through midi mapping.

When I dug deeper into the problem as mentioned above I discovered through using MIDI monitor software that Serato is using what are called SysEx commands to send more complicated information to and from the controller. This is what disables demo mode, resets all of the buttons and displays, controls the volume meter, and also controls the loop behavior and some of the slightly more unique features.

Since Numark and Algoriddim are partnered, I would guess that they need to get the appropriate codes and commands from Numark for the SysEx info.

Through playing around I’ve found access to some of the display information already (like the slip mode and key lock toggles). It’s been a fun journey. I still only use two decks, but if I get the time I may update my mapping for a very standard full featured 4 deck one as best I can and post it again here (perhaps in the next week or so).

The scratching behavior on my mapping above is actually incorrect I believe … I set the jog wheels to 30% sensitivity, but around 15% actually gives the closest to a 1:1 correlation between jog wheel rotation and patter rotation. Needs a slight tweak behind the scene to be perfect (I forget which direction… either 14.5% or 15.5% would be my next try)

Crossing my fingers for a swift release!
-Trevor

Deejay Dave – even in Serato I have noticed some slight discrepancies with the jog wheels… I am pretty happy with it set at 15% sensitivity as mentioned above but of course I have never worked with vinyl nor 1:1 jog wheels so I’m not fit to judge.

Currently I’ve finished out most of the mapping for deck 3 and hopefully I will find time in the next couple days to do deck 4 and get the basic full mapping out.

Göktug – I just checked through your other posts in the mixxx forum really quickly, looks like you’re going down the same path I was… but it also looks like you have a bit more skill with programming :slight_smile:

As for midi monitoring I’m on a macbook air and I found this: https://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/
that’s how I discovered the concept of ‘SysEx code’

As for how to inject that code so that djay pro communicates it… I am not sure. Good to know that virtual DJ doesn’t turn demo mode back on though!
I will email you :slight_smile:

Thanks!
-Trevor

Aloha everyone,

Apologies for the delay, I finally got around to polishing up this mapping. It works for all four decks, the displays are still mostly useless except that I was able to have it show when key lock and slip mode are enabled. Key lock I have set to shift+sync and slip mode is shift+play/pause. Note that this slip mode is separate from djay Pro’s… it functions similarly with scartching but also allows stutter cues when enabled.

I would have to play around with the FX buttons a lot more to polish them up… as of now they only activate on decks 1 and 2, and the touch strip effects dry/wet for all three simultaneously while the beats knob controls the depth/frequency.

It seems like the standard setting for this controller is ‘pickup’ for the deck specific gains and EQs, so that after switching the deck, you have to turn it to it’s current position before modifying it. That way there are no sudden jumps in levels.

Cue behavior is based around djay Pro – the Cue button jumps to start point, and Cue1-4 go to 1-3 and End point respectively. Shfit+Cue for any of them will set the Cue point. If in a loop, the loop with jump with its start point centered on the cue location.

The jog wheels default to pitch bend if only touching the sides or if the wheel button is off. If wheel button is on, then they scratch as normal while touching the top.

It was a great learning exercise in seeing what midi mapping can do, and overall I would say at this point the controller is plenty functional. If there are any small bugs with this I am happy to fix them up. I was able to turn on the lights for the samplers, but I was not able to discern if it was possible to have the lights stay on for loop and auto loop.

[https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkn4kbadqb0...](https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkn4kbadqb0xlv0/MixTrack%20Platinum%20FourDeck.djayMidiMapping?dl=0)   

Here's a link to the mapping-- just double click it and it should install itself to the correct folder. I hope somehow this helps inspire Algoriddim to finish their complete native mapping :) From the conversation I've seen it sounds like they are in partnership with Numark for this product and it's just a matter of when they are ready to release it. In the meanwhile, enjoy! I hope this helps.   

-Trevor

Apparently I’m a bit of a perfectionist… after stepping away for a day I finally came back to it and got the lights to work. It was nagging at me… and I fiddled around with the range (normally goes 0-127) and discovered for the blue loop buttons it needs to be set 0-1 and the orange auto loops 0-100. That kind of visual feedback is really helpful to me and I’m glad I stuck with it.

Anyways, needless to say I’m going to call this my final release unless someone finds any significant bugs. Thanks for the support and encouragement!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sh93m6kyv1b…

-Trevor

Here are the notes from the previous release in case this post gets bumped to the top:   

It works for all four decks, the displays are still mostly useless except that I was able to have it show when key lock and slip mode are enabled. Key lock I have set to shift+sync and slip mode is shift+play/pause. Note that this slip mode is separate from djay Pro's.. it functions similarly with scartching but also allows stutter cues when enabled.   

I would have to play around with the FX buttons a lot more to polish them up.. as of now they only activate on decks 1 and 2, and the touch strip effects dry/wet for all three simultaneously while the beats knob controls the depth/frequency.   

It seems like the standard setting for this controller is 'pickup' for the deck specific gains and EQs, so that after switching the deck, you have to turn it to it's current position before modifying it. That way there are no sudden jumps in levels.   

Cue behavior is based around djay Pro -- the Cue button jumps to start point, and Cue1-4 go to 1-3 and End point respectively. Shfit+Cue for any of them will set the Cue point. If in a loop, the loop with jump with its start point centered on the cue location.   

The jog wheels default to pitch bend if only touching the sides or if the wheel button is off. If wheel button is on, then they scratch as normal while touching the top.

Ah! I think I have the answer to that. I’ve never used CDJs or other controllers/software, but I am aware that there are variations in Cue button behavior. If you look into my mapping, you will notice that I have the Cue button set to ‘Jump to Start point’ and the Shift+Cue set to ‘Set Start Point’. I found this behavior to be more homogenous with the way I’ve seen djay Pro handle cues, as well as how I work with things. No risk of accidentally moving my Cue point, and if I am in a loop and hit ‘Cue’ then the loop will jump to the start and play will resume.

If you would like to experiment with the alternate functionality, you can go into the midi mapping and change the settings from ‘Jump to Start Point’ to the option right above it which simple says ‘Cue’. Similarly, if you check the setting for Shift+Cue, you can change it from ‘Set Start Point’ to ‘Clear Start Point’ which is in the section below in the drop down menu.

In this way, the main Cue button will return the song to the Cue point if it is playing, and if it is paused and in a new spot, it will flash and when pressed it will move the Cue point to this new location. Shift+Cue will delete the Cue point.

I hope this helps!