Djay pro slows at first opening

Hi @Temitope_Oyebode, please upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here. Also, please share the requested details about your setup above. Thanks!

1 Like

Alright i will do that right now

1 Like

Regarding my previous issue on djay Pro it takes a lot of minutes before it opens here is a video link vcompress_2.mov - Google Drive

And I will have to add this also djing with djay Pro for long hours djay pro is kind of been sluggish and takes seconds to respond to hot cue point or sampler when triggered this always happens anytime I load new music and want to do a quick transition my MacBook spec is macbook air 2015 8 gig ram 125 ssd 80 percent performance on djay pro but it works well with Serato I cant still figure out what is wrong with djay pro on those issues

Thanks for the video @Temitope_Oyebode. As requested above, please also share specific details about your setup not just “iPad” or “Latest Version”.

Device Model (ex. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
Version of operating system (ex. iOS 17.3.1):
Version of djay (ex. 5.1.3):
Hardware/controllers used (ex. Reloop Ready):
Hardware Firmware Version (ex. 2.7):

Macbook Air 13 inch early 2015
Processor 1.6 GHz dual-core intel core i5
Ram memory 8 gig 1600 mhz ddr3
Djay version 5.2.3
Hardware I use flx10 and sz2 the issue occurs on both players and hv never tried it on any other player aside from my player my hardware firmware is up to date

Thanks @Temitope_Oyebode.

1. Please also share your full macOS version number.
  2. Can you please upload your djay Media Library to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to it here or send it in a DM? The FAQ linked below will show you where to find this file.
1 Like

I had the same problem with djay Pro 5 on MacOS. With 7000 ttracks it was 2 minutes to start the application, at i had lag about 2-3 seconds to load track to the deck. It was unacceptable and finally I’ve deleted my old database and imported all tracks to the new one. Old database was 3GB!!! size and new one with the same number of tracks is 87MB. Of course I’ve lost all my playlists, but anyway it was time to do remake of this structure. Strangely, some tracks still show Play Count, but not all of them :laughing:
I suppose that there is a bug in application, that create some kind of odd elements in DB and bloat it, so performance is degraded, but there is no tool to check and cure the database offered.

1 Like

Hello im sorry i couldnt upload my djay folders in the music library it has a a larger gigblabytes its 15 gig for djays folder in muisc folder

In response about my macbook spec let me take a picture of it if this can be fixed cos its getting frustrated wanting to open djay and would have to wait for over 5min for the app to open

I have the latest version of Djay Pro i wish I could go back to older versions because it seems since I have upgraded have been battling with this issue

He’s not asking you to upload all your music files, just the djay database (MediaLibrary.db).

Ohh i get it right now

but nevertheless djay pro media library on my MacBook is 2gig of space and what amazes me most is it copied djay media library in folders each time I open the app and it consumes so much memory space on my MacBook

Hi @Temitope_Oyebode, please update to 5.2.4 and let me know if this addresses your issue. Thanks!

I updated just now but it doesn’t solve the issue of taking more than 5 minutes to open up when lunch djay pro

Thanks for confirming @Temitope_Oyebode. As requested above, we will need to look at your djay Media Library database file to troubleshoot this further. Thanks!

ok I will do that but I notice each time I open the app my dj media library keeps duplicating in folders and it takes a lot of space on my storage

my Mac OS version number is 12.6.2 macOS Monterey I’m uploading my djay media library right now I will send the link here when done uploading

this is the link to my djay media library on google drive djay Media Library.djayMediaLibrary.zip - Google Drive

my MacBook version is 12.6.2 macOS Monterey
MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)
processor 1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
memory ram 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
graphics Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB
serial number C1MPD5DWG943
Djay Pro version 5.2.4

Thanks @Temitope_Oyebode. I’ve forwarded this to engineering for further review and analysis. I’ll report back when I have news.

alright I will be looking forward to get this issue solved thank you