Djay software for linux

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to find out if you would consider developing an application compatible with Linux. Linux like Mac OS is an extremely stable operating system which is required when performing a live set. The last thing you want to happen is an update takes place whilst you are performing as can happen with windows.

Is this something you will consider?

5 Likes

Hi @Djdash,

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll pass it along to our Dev Team for further consideration! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

I would also like to know if Djay will be supported or run on Linux distributions. I’ll be following this thread

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the forum. I don’t think they will be doing that due to verious reasons that have been stated in the above. Besides drivers for all the different dj hardware are also an issue

Hey @djweji74 - Welcome to the Community. Thanks for your interest in djay!

We’ll pass your added interest in djay for Linux along to our dev team for continued consideration. Feel free to share any more suggestions you might have :slight_smile:

Would love to see a version compatible with raspbian for the rpi 4. Mixxx is the current alternative, but doesn’t have as friendly of a UI as DJay

It would be cool to get DVS from algoriddim djay on linux! I think this would be a breakthrough! I’ve been using Linux a lot lately and it would be great to have a top-end DVS solution for working as a dj on this system!

Is there an any news from the development Team? It would be so cool to have Djay on a raspberry pi with a small display…

Hello everyone. I’ve changed this topic from a Question to a Suggestion so that everyone can cast their Vote for it at the top right. This helps the dev team to gauge user demand for this. Thanks!

1 Like

Yeah, if we can get all the android people and windows people united under linux that would be awesome! Voted!

Would be really nice to have Linux support. Bitwig and Studio One already support it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.