DVS Support would really shake up the competition.

@Deejay Dave

2 x Stanton SCS 1D £400
2 x Rane Twelves £1400

That’s £1000 difference…
Hardly a cheap price in comparison!!!

I can definitely see the attraction!!!
I wish I could say it works well but all I’ve read is about it crashing and poor platter control.

Agreed…they don’t seem to be listening!!!

COME ON ALGORIDDIM!!!
WHATS HAPPENING???
I’ve been waiting patiently for 5 years for this!!!

Just tell us straight…is DVS ever coming to Djay?

I also want DVS so much. Actually I would pay for it as a plugin.

Thinking in buying vdj just because DVS.
I would rather pay that money to a Djay Plugin, but no news :frowning:

DVS = Serato in my book.

BTW not saying not to push for it or anything just saying I use quite a few apps and when it comes time to bust out the TT’s Serato is my go to.

This is standard practice. There is not a single DJ company that lets you know what their future plans are prior to official announcement.

The Traktor hardware is by no means necessary for DVS with DJ Player. Trust that doing this will not get you loads of traktor users any more than you they got loads of Serato users when they added SDJ controller support.

FTR the ONLY reason power users of either Serato OR Traktor would use Djay is the Spotify integration and this would be for fun only as you are not allowed to use it professionally.

If you do your homework Deezer can easily be had in the US>

HINT: VPN

BTW it is pretty good I must say

• Dave from NY :slight_smile:

There is not a single software company I have ever dealt with that leaks information prior to official announcements.

Other than its intuitive MIDI mapping and Spotify I can’t think of anything it does that wows me. Between the panels, the limited GUI, the out of order features it just does not work for me professionally. It is fun to play around with no doubt but the largest reason I can not use it professionally is the lack of 1:1 platter capabilities. In other words 360 degrees does not always equal a full rotation. In other words scratching is literally just emulation where it is actual and precise with almost every other DJ app.

Out of curiosity what is the appeal of Djay Pro for you? I am asking seriously as I am just curious. I mean ultimately I would love to use the Spotify feature but is not allowed to be used commercially anyways where Pulselocker for SDJ and Rekordbox DJ is legal to be used commercially.

1 Like

Ahhh makes total sense actually. Coming from a hobbyist standpoint I can absolutely see the appeal of Djay Pro.

Just as one more alternative assuming you use iOS devices have you considered DJ Player Pro? Great midi mapping, great DVS, and cheap all around all with almost NO latency, streaming and even dropbox support.

ANNNNNND STEMS which is awesome!

I wonder what turntablists be doing with Djay in the first place let alone sticking with them. If you have a link to this the massive support would indeed help out as the number of peeps asking for this here is not all that great compared to say Spotify offline support etc. DJ Player is a great solution as well and even Edjing has introduced DVS support in its new Edjing Mix app. Thing is though these all are a bit lacking due to the nature of mobile DJ SW. Fun to play with and very effective but compared to Traktor, Serato or RBDJ which largely include a legal streaming option among its numerous advantages.

Then again I am a firm believer of having the right tool for the job so I do understand how mobile may be good enough for others who may need so much etc.

But anyways if you could provide a link to these 1000’s of DJ’s asking for DVS support in Djay I am sure it would be very helpful for this cause. How could they ignore that much attention right?

I am assuming you mean VDJ and they do not work with partners or respect licenses. They do whatever they want whenever they want. They do not need to fear of stepping on any given manufacturers toes with releasing info too soon as they never got the blessing from said manufacturer and are doing it against their will in the first place…

Vdj is effective but as with many of its features it is not actually “supported” but merely hacking spotifys system so to speak. Hence the reason it only streams at 1.5x deeming it useless for seeking or cue points etc.