Hi all !. Recently come to Djay subscription and a DDJ-400 and was using Rekordbox, have some questions, please

Hi all again.

Want to know if Djay for iPAD can suggest in green color or another method what songs can fits in key with song playing.

And want to know how is the best to sort the music, atm i have transferred a parent folder “music” with subfolders “House” for example, but i’m not sure if this is the best method.

Also want to know if there is a option to write comments for the songs as Rekorbox does.

Thanks for this great program, and greetings to all this community.

Hi @LocarioDJ,

Welcome to the Community, and thanks for reaching out with your questions. I’ll be happy to help.

1. Does djay Pro AI on iPad suggest compatible songs by key to the song playing? => YES

To see the compatible songs by key, you’ll first need to use the Sort option to sort by key in the current playlist, as shown here:

Then you’ll see a navigation bar on the side of the playlist that you can use to find the key of the currently playing song in the sorted list:

And from there you can navigate to the currently playing song and compatible songs, by key:

In addition, you may want to check out this already existing Community thread, as it is closely related, and is a suggestion for a more powerful filter showing songs by compatible key.

1. What is the best way to sort music in djay?

In general, there’s not a one-size-fits-all approach to this. It really depends on your personal preferences and typical flow as a DJ. That said, I would like to point out that making use of djay’s My Collection library source to create your own playlists, smart playlists, and playlist folders may be helpful in the future if you feel limited by your current approach with parent folders/subfolders. You can find out more about the My Collection source and how to use it in the user manual here:

1. Is there a way to write comments for the songs? => Not yet

Here is the related Community thread for this popular request: Implement a comment section.

I hope this information is helpful! Let me know if you have any other questions. :notes:

The way of DJay Pro labels the Key not is the right way.

I have purchased Mixed in key and tagged the MP3 with the right Key, thanks.

Another problem more hard is the CUE points, when i switch between CUE points in House music for example, the jump is too abrupt, this not occur with other pro softwares as Rekorbox.

Have you more reports of the CUE similar to me?

When you have planned adding comments in songs?

Thanks for your responses anyway.

Hi @LocarioDJ,

Thanks for staying in touch. Could you share more about what you mean when you say the way djay Pro labels the key is not the right way? Do you mean it’s not providing the correct key after analysis? Or do you mean that you prefer the key being shown in a different format?

Regarding the cue points and the jump being too abrupt, we’d appreciate it if you could share a video of your experience with this to give us a better understanding of what’s going on there. If possible, please record a video of the issue occurring and drop it here, and then please just let me know when you’ve done so.

Could you also tell me if you have quantization activated in djay in order to have smoother jumps to the cue points?

Lastly, I’m not able to talk about future plans for when comments might be added in songs. We know this is a popular request, and I’ll continue to push this internally. I’ll keep you posted when any updates are available.

Thanks, and hope to hear from you again!

Ok, Quantize for CUE was deactivated, now works a little more better, but is not perfect as Rekorbox does.

When i press some CUE points randomly, sometimes (not always) have a delay of 0.5 sec or 0.3 secs starting time, this is terrible in a mix as you can imagine. In 1 mode, i have tested 1/8 ; 1/4, but 1 is the most better. As i say before, Rekorbox have this working good but DJay PRO not.

Thanks for your help, i need to do the video for you, but atm peharps you can work with my feedback, if you appreciate it.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.