Hot Cue Jumping to 1 bar before when jumping out of a Loop

I here you, I also encountered that a lot in Djaypro, serato/rekordbox don’t have this issue. so strange

Quantizer is at 1bpm, this problem is not all the time.

1 Like

I had a practice today with quantize off and the problem was no longer there. So it’s connected directly to the problem, looks like. With quantization on - immeadiately comes back

And the effects are really quite random: what I have encountered: on jumping out of 16beat loop:

• jump 16 beats back instead of a certain point.
  • exit the loop and just keep going with the song
  • jump to the track start
  • no jumping at all, restarts the loop

Thanks for the additional info @Akrilovy. I’ve shared this with engineering.

Hi @DJ_Reinaldo_Hits, I tried to replicate this on my setup and could not.

1. Can you please confirm what your Quantize settings are?
  2. Do you have Key Lock ON or OFF?
  3. What music source are you using (local mp3s, TIDAL, FLAC files on external drive, etc.)?
  4. Please also provide full details on your “iPad 10 inch”, model, gen, year, etc.
  1. Quantize 1 beat
  2. I don’t know where to change this.
  3. Local Mp3 in External HD FLac.
  4. Ipad 10 this model: https://www.apple.com/br/ipad-10.9/specs/

Note: try playing and moving the crossfader together, it skips 4 beats instead of 1, this doesn’t always happen, usually after several minutes.

Hi @DJ_Reinaldo_Hits, thanks for the details. You can turn Keylock ON/OFF via the musical note next to the Tempo Fader. Blue in ON.

I thought this was master tempo, but it is active.

Thanks for confirming @DJ_Reinaldo_Hits

When I activated Ableton Link the problem became frequent, (according to the video)… I managed to resolve it by changing the screen MODE to Hardware Mode, and returning to classic mode the problem disappeared. But I believe that if it happens again I will have to change the screen MODE again.

Thanks for the video and additional info @DJ_Reinaldo_Hits. I’ve shared this with engineering.

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model (e.g. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen): iPad Pro 12.9 5th Edition
  • Version of operating system (e.g. macOS 14.4.1): 17.6.1
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.1.2): 5.2.3
  • Hardware/controllers used (e.g. Reloop Mixon 8 Pro): pioneer Rev 5

Summary of the issue:
When cue point set at end of loop, when press cue pad it doesn’t exit loop and start from that cue, even though deactivate loop when jumping outside of loop is on.

How to reproduce the issue:
Set any loop, and a cue point at end of loop, active loop then press cue. Most times it will restart loop not go from that cue point. When pressing cue at loop end it doesn’t deactivate loop as should do. Cue points set further on does deactivate loop. Perhaps because it’s a cue point set at the end of loop that’s the issue. Still it should deactivate the loop all the same. I did a gig yesterday and pressed cue but it stayed just restarted the loop.

Hi @Dysfunk_DJ, I’ve merged your new topic with this existing one as I believe they are related. Please see above and let me know if you agree. I’ve shared your video with the engineering team.

Thank you. Can you report back the engineers findings?

You’re welcome @Dysfunk_DJ. They are still working on it…

Hello everyone, engineering has identified the issue. This should be addressed in the next djay update (likely 5.2.4). Thanks!

3 Likes

Which issue because there are a few written here. The one where it jumps 4 beat before the hot cue ?

1 Like

Both of them @Nubium

2 Likes

Lovely work. Thank you. Looking forward to next update.

1 Like