How can I restore missing tracks in a playlist?

Hello, I cannot restore missing tracks in my playlist anymore.

I created playlists in the DJay Pro App. But if I move a song from one to another folder I can’t play that song anymore from the playlist. If I select “Relink Missing Files“ DJay Pro immediately shows: “There are no missing files in your library.“. But if I load this track on a deck it shows “The track cannot be played because it is not available.“ I also refreshed the library. It happens with all tracks. Some tracks show: “No such file or directory" without a ability to “relink missing files“.

I can load the track from the library directory on the left to the deck without problems. But not directly from the playlist. I also deleted the missing file from the playlist and added it to the playlist - same problem. Same problem also when I try to add the tracks to a new created playlist.

I have the same issue as this thread opener. But unfortunaly there was no solution. This is a serious issue. Dear @algoriddim support, please help me. Thank you.

1 Like

Hey @DJDS - Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear you’ve been experiencing this issue!

I know how frustrating it can be to not be able to access my tracks, and I hope we can get to the bottom of this.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you’ve taken thus far. Could you please tell me what happens if you delete the song from the affected playlist and then drag and drop the missing song that you’ve deleted from Finder (on your hard drive or external hard drive) into the affected playlist and see if you can load the track from that playlist then?

I’m looking forward to hearing how it goes. Of course, feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Hello, I can’t load the track from the affected playlist. I can load it only from the library of Djay pro. If I try to load the missing song which I dragged and dropped from the finder or from the library it shows: “Track not available - The track cannot be played because it is not available.“ If I then press the button “Reling Missing Files“ then a new window pops up: “There are no missing files in your library“.

Alyx Algoriddim Staff
May 16 |

Hey @DJDS - Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear you’ve been experiencing this issue!

I know how frustrating it can be to not be able to access my tracks, and I hope we can get to the bottom of this.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you’ve taken thus far. Could you please tell me what happens if you delete the song from the affected playlist and then drag and drop the missing song that you’ve deleted from Finder (on your hard drive or external hard drive) into the affected playlist and see if you can load the track from that playlist then?

I’m looking forward to hearing how it goes. Of course, feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.
@media () {#yiv8850401678 html {background:#151515 !important;}#yiv8850401678 h1, #yiv8850401678 h2, #yiv8850401678 h3, #yiv8850401678 h4, #yiv8850401678 h5, #yiv8850401678 h6, #yiv8850401678 p, #yiv8850401678 span, #yiv8850401678 td {color:#dddddd !important;}#yiv8850401678 .yiv8850401678filtered99999 {border-color:#454545 !important;}#yiv8850401678 .yiv8850401678filtered99999 {color:#dddddd;}#yiv8850401678 .yiv8850401678filtered99999 {background:#151515 !important;}#yiv8850401678 .yiv8850401678filtered99999 {background:#151515 !important;border-bottom:1px solid #454545 !important;}#yiv8850401678 .yiv8850401678filtered99999 {border-top-color:#151515 !important;}#yiv8850401678 .yiv8850401678filtered99999 {background:#222222 !important;color:#dddddd !important;}#yiv8850401678 .yiv8850401678filtered99999 {background:#062e3d !important;color:#dddddd !important;}#yiv8850401678 .yiv8850401678filtered99999 {background:#323232 !important;border-color:#454545 !important;}}

Hello, I’m still waiting for a solution. Otherwise I need to cancel the subscription with Algoriddim unfortunaly.

I think I managed to reproduce the problem.
See video djay - testing library - YouTube

1. I have 4 files in a folder, which haven’t been used in dj media library.
  2. I created a playlist based on the folder
    djay - testing library - YouTube
    and tested that all songs were played correctly
  3. renamed the folder djay - testing library - YouTube
    as you can see the finder window will nicely show the new name
  4. now the tracks can’t be played from the media library playlist
  5. trying to relink missing files djay - testing library - YouTube
    and the “Relink” functionality didn’t found any broken links.
  6. deleted the Slave-Stellar Funkg from the medialibrary playlist djay - testing library - YouTube
  7. and dragged & dropped the file from the finder window again => can’t be played
  8. removed the song from the full “Music” media library djay - testing library - YouTube
  9. dragged and dropped back from finder window to my media library playlist and now it’s playable again

So yes… simple way to mess up your library just renaming a folder.
The bad thing is that the “Relink” doesn’t show that some songs can’t be found from the correct path.

In video additional steps like what will happen if I now rename the folder back… etc…

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your solution, @dj_romy_fi! Much appreciated.

Could you give this a try and let us know how it goes, @DJDS? Looking forward to hearing back.

So

Bug 1: The “relink” doesn’t check correctly that some files aren’t found from their defined paths stored to medialibary

Bug 2: Drag and drop to playlistg again without removing the file totally from medialibrary, doesn’t update the path for the song into medialibrary

1 Like

@dj_romy_fi Thank you very much for the effort for trying to help me.

My djay pro (latest update) shows the new folder name only after restarting the app (refreshing library also didn’t help. And beside from that: 8. removing the folder with the song from the media library and 9. redrop it from the media library or finder doesn’t work. Same error as before. Even when I rename any song (!) I added once to a playlist and redrop it to a playlist, the tells me just that this file doesn’t exists while it’s playing after I dragged it from the media library.

Am I really nearly the only one having this bug or does nobody of you ever move and reorganize songs in your library?

@Alyx Do you really call this “solution”? Even when @dj_romy_fi advice works, it’s not a “solution” when you move and reorganize hundreds, thousand of songs between folders as professional dj and fix every single song in the playlist manually.

It’s obviously a deep bug from the application itself. I’m asking you as a algoriddim staff to find a solution or let your programmers fix this issue via an update. I was waiting for more than a month and I’ll be patient for one more week. If there’s no satisfying solution, than it’s the conclusion that djay “pro” is not a "pro"fessional software because this bug is a serious thing. In this case sadly I need to refund my subscription and change to another dj software.

Hope you’ll do some effort as a Algorridim Staff as dj_romy_fi did it voluntarily. Thank you in advance.

1 Like

There is still no reply from the Algoriddim “Support” after four months. Just leaving their customer alone with the bugs. Poor company.

Hey DJDS,
What kind of playlists are these?
Where are they created?
Are your songs uploaded to what device?

I’ve had these problems in the past.
Sorry if you’ve already answered these, trying to figure this out.

1 Like

“What kind of playlists are these?”
Normal playlists created in Djay Pro.
“Where are they created?”
I don’t know.
“Are your songs uploaded to what device?”
They are saved on the SSD of my MacBook.

Hey DJDS,
When I’ve had problems such as yours,
I’ve learned not to create regular playlist, but to create smart playlist, such as a smart playlist, having an option to show only rock genres. By doing this, every time, you upload a song that has the genre that says rock, it will automatically put it in that playlist.
It is good that your music is stored in your hard drive. Why not use iTunes at that point? Once you do that all the devices will sync equally.
Let’s say I upload a song and the genre is disco. A smart playlist called disco will automatically put it in that playlist. If I go back to the file and rename the genre to rock, iTunes automatically put that same song in the rock genre because the genre says rock it’s that easy, now you don’t have to worry about removing and adding songs

1 Like

Thank you but this is super crap. I pay 49,99€/year for using Djay PRO(fessional). That doesn’t mean that I can only create playlists automatically due to their tags (in case they exist).

I don’t want to use iTunes. I just want to create normal playlists and with the opportunity to change the location of the tracks in my disk folder. If it’t doesn’t work as in any other normal computer software, than this software is useless and unprofessional.

Woe,
Lost my support.
Go on team.
Take this one

1 Like

@DJDS I totally understand your frustration; I’ve been there. Please let’s try to keep this friendly and constructive though. @LaidbackFred is a very experienced and helpful user in this community.

I don’t know how much experience you have with other DJ software, but in my 13+ years of DJing I’ve haven’t encountered any that don’t have some bugs, quirks or other issues. There are many “amateur” working DJs on here plus actual pros out there successfully using djay Pro AI with minimal issues. This is sometimes achieved through following certain best practices or incorporating some effective work arounds. There a many possible software, hardware and setting combinations out there that can lead to isolated issues.

So please try to keep an open mind and let us help troubleshoot your specific issue if we can.

@LaidbackFred @Slak_Jaw I am sorry. It wasn’t my intention to be rude. I’m grateful for any try to help and also thanked Fred for the answer. The “crap” is not referred to the answer. It might be an “alternative” roundabout way for some people, but it’s not the solution for the problem.

But I’m more angry that the support ignoring my request, not supporting me or devoloping bug fixes over four months anymore for an paid software.

It’s ok.
I’m sure they’re busy with
windows and android os. (No offense)
We are set in our ways and change is hard.
It we have to adapt. This industry demands it.

If you would have told me in 1981 that I could take all my records and convert and play on my cell phone (what’s a cell phone 1982?).
But would come with some issues…
I say HELL YES!!! Give it to me.

Know that djay playlist set up is almost just like iTunes.
My of djay users hate itunes.
But my friend, Smart playlists on iTunes is a dream.

I wish you allowed comments on this great youtube video!
I had always thought i just didn’t know how to use the function “relink missing files” until i saw it.

Well, I don’t usually remember to check comments on my videos.
And this video is “unlisted”, which means that you should not be able to find it without knowing the direct link.