Questions about general support with djay Pro

Yes, quite a few unanswered posts going back nearly 10 years by the looks of things.

The audio routing issue has been known about for a long time yet Algoriddims website and google play page never gets updated with better information.

I regularly see people posting on here wondering why their headphones don’t work. They’ve obviously purchased the app and hardware and was hoping to use it in conjunction with a Samsung tablet only to find out that it doesn’t work.

For now, I think its probably best to go for, what I would think, should be the easiest issue to fix and that is “set grid start”

Thank you for taking the time to respond, as an android user, it’s quite refreshing for someone to enquire as to what can be done.

You’re welcome @SnAkEs1210. Okay, so that long list is all the Android issues you could find on the community, not your personal issues with the software? Let’s not try to solve every single issue at once here :slight_smile:

I’ll read up on the Downbeat “set grid start” issue and look into this further to see what we can do! Thanks!

For some reason I got an email about this thread, probably because of all those links, and since the title of this thread is quite broadly scoped, I’ll chime in.

First, I appreciate Slak_Jaw’s perspective, and I thought the response was very good, including the bit about choosing platforms.

With that said, my personal experience was this: I have an Android phone, and I have no intent of changing. DJing is a plaything for me, not a career, so I got myself low end hardware (a Reloop Mixtour) with the intention of occasionally taking it out and DJing with my phone. This appealed to me a lot because of the low cost and small size of the setup. Anyway, the important part here is that every bit of this setup claimed Android support. I’m not saying that the claim is entirely false, but it feels dishonest nonetheless. The issues I have are complete blockers, and my Mixtour is collecting dust since it’s pretty worthless to me without me bringing a laptop along instead of my phone.

TL;DR if you can’t provide a good experience on Android, maybe drop support entirely. Those of us who see Android support and an Android app expect a working experience. Sure, it may not be the best choice of platforms for DJing, but it’s not reasonable to think that consumers will have this in mind and set their expectations accordingly.

1 Like

Yes, exactly my point of view. I purchased a reloop beatpad to use with one of my many android devices but unfortunately precue doesn’t work on any of them.

I contact support who seem to be oblivious to the issue and blame it on the adapter that I was using. I purchase two more adapters and neither of those work and I still have the same problem.

I search the internet for a solution and end up on this forum. I am then shocked to find out that this problem has been known about for years and years. I would never have purchased the equipment and wasted so much money had this information been provided by Algoriddim.

I forwarded the links from this forum to the Algoriddim team and then they suddenly realised what I was talking about and said they were working on a fix. I then didn’t hear anymore from them. I pestered them for an update but my emails were ignored at this point.

I litterally purchased a controller years ago and was never able to use it. To me, the product was mis-sold to me because if you can’t pre-cue the next track it’s totally useless.

I have recently discovered a workaround and have used my, now quite old controller.

No, that is incorrect. That long list of threads is the same problem that many people have mentioned over the years.

This is the problem that I have also experienced. I searched this forum to see if I could find a solution but there isn’t one. It was never addressed.

The problem was first mentioned in 2015 I believe but there was never a response and the thread closes after a year of inactivity.

You said that you djay at a professional level so I’m sure you can appreciate that not having the ability to precue the next track means that the software and hardware is totally useless and to that end should not be advertised with expensive price tags as a professional setup.

If you look at each one of those threads, you will see the amount of people that have purchased equipment only to find out that it doesn’t work, again dating back to 2015, maybe beyond. Algoriddim still state that certain controllers are natively supported on the android platform but this is not true.

It would appear that the long running problem will never get fixed. Recently one of the algoriddim staff came forward and pretty much confirmed this. They possibly should have done this years ago so I could have returned the controller but unfortunately I was lead to believe it would be fixed.

So yeah, thats the issue of not being able to use headphones when djaying. The other issue is the “set beat grid” issue, however, I mentioned this months ago and nobody has even acknowledged it. It’s almost as if the unsolvable precue issue has lead to the Algoriddim team completely disregarding the android platform and it’s users.

I see people post problems about both, the apple and windows version of the app and the Algoriddim team seem much more willing to help.

All these threads are regarding the headphones not working when using a controller on the android platform.

To my mind I cant see how this has been a problem for this length of time and for the google play page to still have this information

Hello Slak,

not to forget my personal topic: How can I restore missing tracks in a playlist? - #18 by Slak_Jaw

Thank you for your answer. You seem to try to do your job properly.

The point that you’re a small team and cannot fix every immediately is not my main problem. Well to be honest, if there are too many bugs related on Algoriddim, DJay Pro won’t be a software for professional users anymore.

My main problem is: the poor way Algoriddim is communicating with their customer. If you can’t fix the problem immediately, then please communicate this. Tell me: “Okay, give us some time to fix that problem”. Otherwise: “I see, you have a bug, but we are not going to fix this problem for a while because we right now it’s more important to us to put the effort in the enhancement for Djay Pro for Windows” But don’t do ghosting! This is super rude, super unprofessional!"

The last sentences is adressed to your team, to your bosses not to you personally. Let themn know what I think.

Thanks,
Daniel

2 Likes

Not your immediate solution, but give it a thought in future: Move away from Android/Windows djay into an apple device you can afford. You can look for more details why this is a preferred route for many people in the djay pro AI facebook page.
Disclaimer: I am NOT an apple fanboy.

That is one option I suppose but not for me. I would rather move away from Djay and use different software.

@DJDS thanks for linking your original post. I’ll go read through it and see if I can shed some new light on it and find out what’s going on.

I 100% hear your frustration regarding communication. My apologies - I was unaware of this. Clearly, we need to do better in this area. Thanks for bringing it to my attention and rest assured that I will be discussing this with the support team.

@SnAkEs1210 thanks for the additional background and explanations. My apologies - not being a Android user, I didn’t fully understand the extent of the issues. Again, we need to do better communicating the issues/limitations/challenges with the platform. I will discuss this with the support team to see what improvements can be made in this area. Thanks again for drawing my attention to this!

1 Like

Not a problem. Thank you again for taking the time to read my posts.

I’ve highlighted the dates that these threads were created. As you can see there has been a problem with headhones not working that dates back to 2015.

With that in mind, I’ve totally given up trying to get anywhere with it. I’m fairly confident that the issue cannot be fixed. My main issue is that people are still purchasing controllers thinking that they can use them with their android devices.

Hi everyone,

In an effort for transparency, we’d like to share some updates with you all.

Every week, our Support Team receives hundreds of user inquiries ranging from easily solvable issues to ones that take an excessive amount of collaboration between various teams.

For this reason, some issues take longer to resolve than others, which can lead to longer than expected reply times, not including internal and external factors such as holidays observed. However, we do understand that some users have very time-sensitive issues that, when they remain unanswered in the time needed, can be very frustrating.

Please note that we keep track of every single issue that is submitted to us, whether it be via email, the community, social media, etc., and aim to provide sufficient support for all of these items in every conceivable way that we can, regardless of the time it takes.

As stated previously, we appreciate your feedback as it allows us to understand what our users want most of not only djay but Algoriddim as a whole - whether that be feature requests, bug fixes, or even faster reply times.

We are working diligently to update processes that will improve response time as well as general technical knowledge amongst members of the community and are looking forward to having you all see these changes take effect over the coming weeks.

Thank you all for your patience.

1 Like

Yes but the android platform is the slowest to receive responses if at all. You can see threads that were created way back in 2015 that still to this day have never received a response, let alone an actual fix or solution.

I would think the issue above should be a simple one to solve but this was posted 4/5 months ago and still not even a response :man_shrugging:

This thread was created in 2015. They were reaching out for help and there was absolutely no response from the Algoriddim team.

I appreciate that people are busy but even so, it seems a bit excessive to wait 8 years and not even receive a response.

Algoriddim finally came forward in 2023 to state that the problem won’t be fixed and since then, several people have joined this forum to ask why their headphones don’t work on the equipment they have just recently purchased. The reason this happened and is continuing to happen is due to the fact that the information privided by Algoriddim hasn’t been updated to explain the ongoing unsolvable issue.

I noticed you edited the original title of this thread and marked your response as the solution.

I guess that means that your work is done here.

Hi @SnAkEs1210,

Thank you for your continued feedback.

As you are aware, we are constantly developing and improving upon current iterations of djay across different platforms.

In a different thread entitled “Android tab wont work with djay and reloop buddy” it was stated that there is a large assortment of Android devices that are often made with hardware not consistent in every region of the world. For this reason, fixing a bug on one Android device may not fix it on a similar device due to constraints like the ones I listed above.

For example, a user like yourself might bring us a bug to which we then work towards finding a solution for. The great news is that said bug has been fixed after an update for that user, however, the same bug might affect another user to which we end up at the same starting point. This doesn’t mean that we give up on solving that same bug for a different user, it just may take more time to pinpoint the issue for their devices make, model, OS version, etc.

Please note that the original title of this thread has been changed for community management purposes based on our best practices in accordance with our community guidelines. This allows us to track specific issues prompted in this topic for past, present, and future reference.

As stated previously, we keep track of every single issue that is submitted to us, whether it be via email, the community, social media, etc., and aim to provide sufficient support for all of these items in every conceivable way that we can, regardless of the time it takes.

Thank you so much.

2 Likes

Id like to chime in a lil.

When it comes to controllers, the list on the site will say if theres issues etc BUT then theres controllers that say theyre fully compatible and ready to go yet they have features missing.

Why label that they are plug n play yet when tested its not 100% compatible?

Dont get me wrong, I love using Djay Ai over Serato and Rekordbox. Its just the misinformation given on controllers being fully compatible is a let down.

1 Like

Hey @MrG,

Thanks for the additional feedback!

Would you mind sharing which controllers you find are not listed as being properly supported by djay and on which platforms?

This will ensure we can shed light on any possible discrepancies and update our hardware page accordingly.

Thanks!

2 Likes