iCloud not syncing

If you need more info, I‘ll be happy to assist you with anything you want. I‘m also a developer so feel free to ask me technical/nerdy stuff.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks again for your patience. I’ve heard back from our Development Team, and some updates were done on our side (no action required on your part) that we hope has solved this issue. Could you all give it a try again now and let me know if the problem is fixed for you or if it persists? Thanks a lot for your offer to help @djjoejoe.

I look forward to hearing back here if the issue is fixed. :pray:

1 Like

Hi @Emily and team, thanks much - works for me :partying_face:.

I had to load a tagged song into Djay Mac to make the cues show up on iOS - which happened 1-2 seconds later.

One issue I found is that round-robin editing had some issues - so tagging on both devices didn’t lead to aggregated tags. Maybe that’s something to look into.

Hi Emily, it works again! :heart_eyes: Thank you so much! :pray:

Hi @Emily, unfortunately after some testing it’s not really working for me. The issue: while many old Mac Djay cue points show up on my iPad Djay (I thought everything OK now), if I now create new cue points on Mac Djay they don’t show up on iOS - but instead it seems iPad is now the “master” deleting Mac cues and replacing with test cue points without names. In the past I could edit round robin iPad-Mac and Mac-iPad without issues. Can you support? EDIT: Looks like this describes my issue, too: Apple Music local files / iTunes Match: Cue Point syncing not working for some songs

Same for me no difference. No syncing and latency problems, freezing and app closes itself.

Yet djay pro 2 works perfectly.

Djay pro works perfectly.

I should have never updated to this AI version.

1 Like

Thanks for keeping us updated. Sorry to hear this didn’t solve the issue. Our team is looking into this further and I’ll let you know as soon as I have an update.

1 Like

There is a new update for macOS and I noticed that there is some fix for iCloud sync:
“Fixes an issue that could prevent files syncing through ‌iCloud Drive‌”

Hopefully this might be a root cause for all these sync problems. At least it looks like something has been broken and now fixed on macOS.

@dj_romy_fi @Emily No, unfortunately neither macOS 10.15.7 nor Djay 2.2.7 solving my above issues.

Those last two updates have not fixed anything. On my iPad Djay just freezes now and still no syncing. I started using Serato again if they don’t fix this issue I won’t renew my subscription.

What I’m thinking here is that there has been some issue in macOS…
That part of the problem has been tried to be fix.

Most probably at the same time Apple is investigating if fixes for iPhone and iOS needs to be done as well, and perhaps also on the iCloud services. And if the fixes requires app developers to do changes as well.

Then Apple will inform developers that corresponding apps which uses iCloud needs to be rested and fixed because of the fixes.

So… it might take 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-n months until hole chain is tested and fixed.

1 Like

No @dj_romy_fi, as tested & written above other macOS/iOS iCloud apps like Pixelmator work just fine syncing data bi-directionally …

@Emily any update on progress fixing this? My whole DJ workflow is broken for two months now…

@Emily & team Day, iCloud syncing is still buggy with latest updates.
Test with Djay version iMac 2.2.8 + Macbook 2.2.8 + iPad 3.5.9 + iPhone 3.5.9.

• Step 0: New purchsed MP3 not in library before loaded via iTunes (file system on Macbook)
  • Step 1: initial cues A, B, CUE, START, STOP created on iMac (my main device)
  • Step 2: sync but initial cues do NOT show up on all other devices
  • Step 3: second cues E, G created on iPhone show up on Mac and iPad
  • Step 4: renaming cues E, G on Mac is not syncing to iOS devices (which can. not name cues). Reloading all songs no change.
  • Step 5: Overload cues A,B on iPhone show up on Macbook and iPad - not iMac
  • Step 6: Renaming cues A,B on Macbook again not syncing back. Creating new cue C on Mac show up on iOS devices but only as number nor named
  • EDIT 1: After a few minutes all cues show up on iMac, too. Names of cue A,B,E and G are visible - but not of C. No names on iOS devices
  • EDIT 2: Changed cue position and names A,B,C on iMac - not showing up on the other 3 devices
  • EDIT 3: After another 2-3 minutes initial cue names show up on iPad but not iPhone. iMac EDITs 2 are all deleted and overwritten from Macbook cues.
    Again, I had this round-robin workflow running stable for years on older Djay versions.

@Emily and team Djay,

Update after 1 day of trial & error - I have below interims workflow which works for me:

• Important observation: My Macbook (Djay music via file-system) is still on macOS 10.15.6 (settings: Security/Privacy/Folders: Djay has no entry) while my main machine iMac (Djay music via iTunes) is on macOS 10.15.7 (settings: Security/Privacy/Folders: Djay has entry and access to „Desktop“ - many other apps also have „Documents“ access)
  • Workaround is to only write cues on Macbook which then show up on all iMac iPad iPhone (all latest Djay versions)
  • Writing cues on iOS device and later renaming on Macbook seems to work but take restart or long time (while renaming on iMac is not syncing)
  • Critical open issues: If I enter any cue on my main machine iMac it’s not showing up on 3 other devices. And if I then enter any cues on other 3 device it overwrites iMac cues without warning.

Hi @Dopplgngrr,

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks a lot for keeping us updated about this issue and for all of the troubleshooting/testing you’ve done. We really appreciate you sharing all of this detailed information.

I’ve passed along your feedback to our team for further investigation. Thanks again for your assistance in troubleshooting and for your patience. I hope to be in touch again soon.

1 Like

Same Problem… djay PRO AI 3.0.5 on my Mac with Big Sur 11.2.1 iCloud preferences still stuck on “iCloud Initializing”… Starting my move from Traktor, paid a annual subscription and the main reason for my switch doesn’t work… very disappointed

You can try to force restart your device or reset all settings. Or an ios system recovery tool can also fix the syncing issue.