iCloud sync all the things! Beat Grid, BPM, Settings, Midi Device Bindings

It would be awesome if iCloud syncing could be expanded to basically include everything that we can set up in djay. For example, this should have…

• Beat Grids
  • BPMs
  • Midi Device Bindings
  • Settings

There might even be more topics but these are the ones that I remember. Of these, we might want to make settings syncing optional but for the rest, I feel like this should be a given.

Basically, if I accidentally delete djay, I should be able to get back to the same state before deletion in very little time.

12 Likes

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch.

This is a good suggestion which we are aware of. At the moment we are not able to sync all user data via iCloud but we will take this feedback into account for later versions. It would also be great if other users can share their feedback and votes about the topic.

2 Likes

Why can’t you just use the same database for both mobile and desktop djay?

1 Like

And if that is not possible, could you implement full playlist management to djay? We need to be able to add more fields to tracks like comments, stars, genre, etc… like other desktop dj softwares :wink:

2 Likes

Exactly the same need here @Lukas_E

1 Like

Be nice if you could do it on windows too.

1 Like

Same here, I’d love to see this, it would make moving between a computer and a tablet or phone for on the go stuff seamless.

I noticed the latest Rekordbox seems to sync between computer (Windows or Mac) and their mobile app. The app is more for track prep than anything else but cue points do sync.

3 Likes

Exactly the same need here @Lukas_E

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

It seems crazy that the best grid isn’t saved. This throws out any songs with a break beat.

If a song doesn’t start on the very first beat or “downbeat”, the software will start the Beatgrid at the first major sound (or transient). This may be a sweep, a snare, a clap etc. It confuses the software into thinking that the sound is the first beat.

The beatgrid needs to be manually adjusted in about 40% of cases, the fact that this information can still not be saved across devices is madness.

It throws everything out and Nobody wants to go through 100/1000s of tracks on every device they have.

This is crucial for me. I don’t get much time to practice as I have 2 young kids. Sync of everything would enable me to plan sets on my phone/ipad while travelling and then get straight on stage on my turntables or rane one.

Please make this happen!

1 Like

Same use case: Preparing on the go a lot nowadays with my iPhone but my main driver is my iPad. It’s a little weird having to always (re)set my BPMs and beat grids and never being able to fully trust that my track is prepared in the way I had wanted it to be.

3 Likes

Hi,

Is there a reason why sync only does cue points and not beat grid/BPM?

Most of the time, the algorithm gets the BPM right but not the downbeat so I’m changing it manually. I have been flipping between iOS devices to work out what’s going to be the right answer for me and it’s annoying having to do the beat grid again when i move from iPad to iPhone and vice versa.

Are you planning to change this in an upgrade?

Thanks

3 Likes

Fully agree. We already have a topic for this, please head over there: iCloud sync all the things! Beat Grid, BPM, Settings, Midi Device Bindings

1 Like

Hi @Mrbigmouthbeats,

Thanks for the suggestion!

As @djjoejoe pointed out, this has already been requested in a previous thread. For better community management I will be merging this thread with the one that was referenced above.

Thanks again!

The latest update still cannot transfer beat grid start information across devices. Annoying!!

All beatgridding done on iOS is lost when moving to a MacOS device. While it is a good thing that all cue points transfer properly, the grids are not.
I am sure many users playing straight-beat dance music won’t need or even realize this, but this is quite annoying when you have to re-grid whiole playlists full of tracks with less conventional rhythm patterns. As a Drum and Bass afficionado, I am used to having to regrid tracks in pretty much any DJ software to a degree, mostly correcting downbeats and fixing wrong BPM detections (usually off by half, sometimes one third). Same thing with Djay Pro AI, which I am not phased by. But I have to admit that one of the killer features would be to be able to browse music on, let’s say, Tidal, or Beatport, properly prepare tracks on the go via iOS and make use of all that has been done on MacOS and vice versa. Beatgrids are a big part of that, at least for me.

3 Likes

Hello @jimbobatzke ,

Thanks for posting your feedback regarding this here in the Community!

Since your request to make beat grids transferable via iCloud across iOS/MacOS is part of a more general one, I went ahead and merged your post to this one.

Have a nice day!