iPad DJay stops working in various situations...

Is this a known issue?

In various circumstances, DJay Pro on my iPad stops working, not quite a crash, but tracks don’t play, re-adding tracks or new tracks either deck doesnt work. Have to reboot App.

So far I’ve not played out using iPad but I am concerned about this.

I know you’ll ask me what situations, unhelpfully maybe I haven’t been logging them - and ive not noticed any pattern - it’s just been happening here and there. I think my device is solid. 64 GB with 16 spare. No other apps running generally.

That said, this has come up again now, as ive just been trying out Abelton link. here I can tell you for sure - because it happened several times - if another link cannot be found, you switch the link off, you get this scenario. As mentioned you have to reboot. That said, I just tried it again and it was ok this time (after 3 or 4 times it froze), thats the problem it’s not consistent.

• Device model iPad Air 5th Gen
  • Version of operating system: 17.5.1
  • Version of djay 5.2.2
  • Hardware/controllers used : Non

Summary of the issue:

How to reproduce the issue:

Hi @N_C, are you using Apple Music streaming by chance? If so, please update to 5.2.3 to resolve an issue we’ve been experiencing with this service. Thanks!

No I’m not using Apple Music streaming

Thanks for confirming @N_C. Without more details, this will be challenging to troubleshoot. Can you please try to capture a video of the issue, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? Thanks!

Hello! It’s been a week since my last reply. I’m going to consider this topic completed for now so I can focus on others. However, please feel free to respond and we can definitely revisit this. Thanks!

Can’t re-craete its as its random (I dont know why it happens and once its happened, well its happened. Any insight as to what might cause such a thing? I’m a little worried about playing out with it now.

Hi @N_C, does the app crash at all? If so, then we can review your crash reports for more details on what’s happening. Please let me know if you’ve had any crashes and I can guide you through to process of sharing these with our engineering and support team. Thanks!