Jogwheels Reloop Mixon 8 pro not tracking properly

Hi @PascalRidder and @Chris_Gibson, we just heard that Reloop is working directly with one of our users on this issue. Can you please confirm if it is either of you? Thanks!

1 Like

All good my end :raising_hand_man:t2:

1 Like

I had close contact with Reloop support and was requesting and reviewing different firmwares, but i didn’t have the patience to wait for a replacement unit te receive from the store and got a refund.

Now i have denon prime4+. Sometimes i use it with Djay and sometimes standalone

2 Likes

Can you do a video showing the integration with djay? Effects, jogs etc

There is already a video demoing all that:

Going to follow this, would be nice to have updates
 If someone finds a solution (Reloop / Algoriddim).

Mine looks like it has same issue, sometimes freezing while tracking with jog wheels
 If it freezez, you get it functioning with mouse touching the track waveform on macbook

I didnt even notice this problem, before i started to reorganice my new folders and addresing new cues

Ah i love this machine, but we need to get it to work, cant trust it atm while going to gig®s
 Im scared to beatmatch, if it freezez

1 Like

Hi @Lex_Willer please reach out to Reloop support as well. Thanks!

1 Like

Im having the same issue with my unit. Bought in sept 2023 thru amazon and it randomly stops picking up my touch on the jogwheel and songs have stopped as well. I am trying to talk to reloop about what I can do. Any tips would be appreciated.

Pretty sure it’s Props McFly on fb. He’s been sending me videos of the same thing happening on his unit using 12.9" iPad Pro with his Mixon 8 pro. This is his second unit doing the same thing. Firmware and software all up to date.

Just adding to this discussion -

I am now on my second Mixon Pro 8. Initial one had issues with the volume output levels and rare jogwheel sticking. I returned that unit to a reseller and just received my second unit from a different reseller.

This second unit is much much worse. The unit came with firmware 3224. I updated firmware twice straight out of the box and tried with both MacBook and iOS djay. Both had major issues with left jog wheel sticking and occasionally stopping play all together (despite green light solid.) I tried with serato dj pro and same issue so definitely seems like a hardware issue.

I’ve uploaded videos below.

Reloop really needs to answer for how they can have SO MANY defective units. Really a bad look. Where is the quality control? I want to like it so bad

2 Likes

Seems similar to my sticking wheel and another user wheel tracking issue that doesn’t play. Seems like hardware issue.

Think when mine finally comes back from repair I’ll be getting rid. Such a shame. Great unit but loads of issues. Hope it works out for you.

I think I’m done trying new units as well. It really shouldn’t be this hard.

Anyone have videos of the FLX 10 running with djay?

I know it’s not natively supported but I’m referring to the midi map available here. How usable is it?

Seems like the jog displays on SRT still don’t work so I worry that even if support is added for the FLX 10 the displays may never work other than a logo. Another thing I’d miss on the Reloop is the paddle FX.

For what it is worth, maybe helpful:

I don’t have the Mixon 8, but had similar issues with custom mapping my midi fighter twister controller. At random moments, but usually twice during a 2 hr set, scratching stopped working and also start track would have no effect, green light but no real start. I could start the track by touching / moving the waveform with the mouse on the UI. With this I could continue the set. I then had to disconnect and reconnect the controller to get the controls from the controller working again.

There are two possible scratch mappings, scratch (no touch detection) and plain scratch. Trying to be clever, I initially used the no touch detection option, but it looks like the normal plain scratch mapping works better in this regard, you just can’t scratch a running track that way with a control without touch. But I don’t care.

Maybe an entirely different issue, but who knows, this might help.

I personally purchased a Mixon 8 right when it launched. Perhaps I’m one of the lucky ones, but other than the initial firmware issue, mine has been perfect.

1 Like

Also a mixon 8 user.
Only issue so far the play botton sometimes do not start the track. But have not managed to find the cause or pattern.

1 Like

That seems like a pretty big issue for a dj!

1 Like

Agree, why I only use the mixon @ home

1 Like

Shame that is. Such a good controller that works really well with djay pro. It took such a long time to be released into stores. Something overall has gone wrong with their quality control with this unit. There are plenty with no issues but lots with issues.

2 Likes

I had a good look at the video’s, this is exactly the issue I have with my generic midi controller. Looks like a midi / software timing issue. I made two tickets for it already some time ago.

To Mixon 8 users, can you find what mapping is used? ‘scratch without touch detection’ or ‘scratch’? If it is the first, map it to the latter, maybe less problems, unfortunately also less functionality. Would be interesting to know if this is the case, since this might be the key to a solution.

Edit: Removed an outing of frustration. :sunglasses:

Edit: Here it was shown it is ‘scratch’. Anyway, it still looks like an ordinary timing issue that is easy to solve if companies work together 
 :slight_smile:

Most be sonething with the midi timings and combination of hardware.

I have absolutely no issues when using the mixon 8 with my windows installed intel nuc.

But I bought a macbook to get access to all djay features

I have created a ticket at reloop but the solution likely requires some joint efforts from Algoriddim and reloop

2 Likes