midi learn on iPad

So who will be the first in the race…traktor or Djay ?

I totally agree too !! I’ve spent thousands on vinyl and dj equipment over the years. I would def pay for the upgrades. Let the stingy people be stingy. I also have synths like the nexus the music packs cost a lot to add to it. Ableton, and ableton touch, korg ios apps !,…the list goes on and theyre expensive too. I would happily pay for midi mapping or effects bundles etc I need.

Now that’s just getting annoying ! I wish someone from Djay would give us a comment here.

Everyone !! If you have a midi enabled controller it can be mapped to dj player app. Try it and then ask algor’ why they don’t do it.

Victor, which apple adapter you use ? It charge iphone ?
Regards

Thanks

Any chance djay using ANY standard MIDI controller on iPad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=…

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Any chance djay using ANY standard MIDI controller on iPad?.

No, it doesn’t work. Tried with djay 1.6.6 and latest djay 2.

Algoriddim disabled custom mappings, e.g. if your device is ‘not supported’ - means it’s not on their list - it won’t work.

I’ve tried with my controller, it worked fine until I connected iPad via iTunes and suddenly - not supported.

Shame on you algoriddim, this is greed.

No, I won’t buy ANY of your crappy controllers. Ever.

It doesn’t work.

djay 1.6.6 and djay 2 latest version

If you find out how to bypass this, let me know.

>I plugged it in and up popped the message that its NOT supported which of course I expected.

This happens to me all the time, no matter if I restart iPad or restart djay.

And this is not iOS message, since there is a cheezy ‘Learn more’ button that links to algoriddim’s toy store.

>I found the midi mapping file I created for it a while back

Only thing comes to my mind is if that mapping file has some settings that bypass the check. What did you change exactly? I’ve used ION settings file as a startpoint and changed EndPoint name.

Can you upload your settings file somewhere so I can download?

I’ve bought Reloop Mixtour and I would like to change few mappings: for example, there is no support for pitch slider - I would like to map this to SHIFT + volume fader because I don’t need fader start.

When can we expect this feature added for djay 2 for iOS?

I think this is impossible for the default supported controllers

>It was possible to extract the app package files on the old version of iTunes, delete the built in mappings and repackage.But since iTunes 11, its sadly become impossible since the app downloads are loaded on the iOS devices and not iTunes anymore (if you have an old version of iTunes it will possibly work).

OK, here is what I did, but no luck :frowning:

1. Get iMazing (https://imazing.com/), iTunes alternative
  2. Download your purchased .ipa file of djay, instructions here: https://imazing.com/guides/how-to-man…
  3. Replace .djayMidiMapping file with your modified version (same filename, obviously)
  4. Open iTunes, click on iPad/iPhone, drag the .ipa to iTunes and it will start immediately to upload app to iPad

If you do this with original .ipa, everything works as expected
If you do this with modified .ipa, iOS alerts that app is not purchased

So I believe there is some checksum or some other signature that prevents iOS from installing it… :frowning:

@Steve

>It was possible to extract the app package files on the old version of iTunes, delete the built in mappings and repackage.But since iTunes 11, its sadly become impossible since the app downloads are loaded on the iOS devices and not iTunes anymore (if you have an old version of iTunes it will possibly work).

Have you ever tried this? Do you know which older version of iTunes? I can download old version and install on office pc and try this

Midi learn is really a matter of buy or not to. 3band eq lack is why I haven’t bought this piece o hardware yet

Hello,

djay for iphone/ipad is a fine app, especially now that multi-audio routing is supported, but it still needs a few features to make it a perfect fit for professional dj sets:

• MIDI learn, so we can use any class-compliant USB midi controllers through the camera connection kit. It if fine to have features devices for djay, but I already have tons of midi controllers (and I think I’m not alone ^^) so if can setup djay on my controllers as I like to, it would be a dream setup!

• “modulable” deck/effect panel, as a DJ mixing electronic music I have no interest in scratching thus the deck are more like a waste of space to me: it would be nice to be able to replace the decks by effects pad or EQs (as most DJ I need EQs, all the time!!), while still having the current effect/eq/cue window open. This is already possible on some other DJ apps (like cross DJ) and would be a welcome addition to djay.

Thanks for supporting djay!

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
MIDI learn like djay mac + Modulable deck/effect panels.

There is a new 2016 iPad lightning camera adapter that will charge the iPad at the same time.

Hi MP, You do not need to hack the .ipa file at all. Just leave the djay ipa file untouched. To simplify the process, install the day 2/pro app directly on the iPad from the App store, without using iTunes. The only thing you will need iTunes for, is to transfer the MIDI MAP file to your iPad, not the actual Djay app. You can create your own Midi Map using djay pro for OSX, or you can download from https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings. Once you have the map that you want to use, connect your iPad to iTunes, then go to iTunes File Sharing, then just drag and drop the midi map file. Hope that helps!

You may be right, as I’ve never tried it with a controller that is already supported by djay for iPad. I’ve only tried it with controllers that are only supported by djay for Mac, eg. Pioneer DDJ-SX, DDJ-SP1 and also my homemade maps for Pioneer XDJ-RX, Akai AMX & AFX. My apologies. Have you tried it though? Which controller are you using? Itunes file sharing may override the built-in midi map, wouldn’t hurt to try!

The one app that I actually WANT to ditch my laptop for, and its locked down to some of the worst controllers on the market.

C’mon guys, you have the cleanest interface, IMHO the best performance, easiest library browsing, 4k freaking video mixing !!! And yet, the app is being crippled by integration only to “toy” controllers. Most of which would be considered turds aimed at kids and none (except beatpad) would be allowed near a “real” dj box or considered as a serious alternative by a club dj.

Please please PLEASE integrate some form of Midi Learn no matter how “rough” … the software is already there, the hardware is all out there, its down to you guys to give us that one little bit of code that would allow us to bring the ipad into the clubs as a serious alternative audio visual experience.

So close, yet so far …