Neural Mix and Tidal don’t work together anymore

Perhaps Tidal will have an offer for DJs in the future. In my opinion, the fact that they have launched an online survey about what DJs want speaks in favor of this. Maybe we’ll have to pay for it in the future. On the other hand, this might also ensure that DJs who use Tidal for commercial purposes are legally protected. At any rate, commercial use is not permitted at the moment.

Sure. Which I think is fair for pros, but for all the bedroom peeps out there (I’m guessing >95% of the user base) it’s bogus IMO.

This was such a disappointing announcement. I was so excited to try the latest Neural Mix update and start remixing on Tidal only to discover that now I can’t. I would honestly just prefer to use the old version of DJ Pro so I could keep remixing using neural with Tidal even at the lower quality.

1 Like

@nunchuck this is not restricted to djay 5.0. This affects djay 4.x and all other DJ software as well.

2 Likes

Thank you for the clarification. I was able to successfully use neural mix last night on my MacBook with Tidal but not on the updated version of DJ pro running on iOS which made me think Tidal would still work with an older version of DJ. Perhaps the music was cached, I don’t know, but I won’t hold out hope that it will continue working on my MacBook.

Please vote here…

1 Like

I just emailed support@tidal.com to express my concern since the integration with DJay is the only reason I’m using their service. If you feel the same way, maybe consider contacting them as well.

4 Likes

I did the same with Spotify and actually cancelled my premium subscription when they no longer supported Djay,
Never heard back from them unfortunately

1 Like

Yup, just cancelled my TIDAL subscription too…for now. It was going to renew at the end of this month. Hopefully the more people that do that will alert them to some concern. Even though it probably all comes down to the record labels decision, it doesn’t hurt to try.

Sadly I very much doubt a handful of DJs cancelling their subscription are going to keep them awake at night.

Meanwhile please let’s not waste more time and get our DJ favorite platform ready for a still functioning alternative please.

If you feel the same way, maybe consider voting as well. :wink:

I figured it out today (I live in Brazil and Idk when this issue started) and I’m cancelling my Tidal subscription as well.

That’s very sad, I’m not a DJ, I just like to spend some time mixing for myself… :frowning:

Beatsource is also very good. Check it out.

It’s only about Stems, but the basic use of Tidal with DJay Pro is still possible without any problems. In this respect, I don’t believe that a significantly high number of customers will not continue their Tidal subscription for this reason alone. And let’s look further: The decision to no longer be able to use Stems was certainly not made by Tidal alone, but will have been forced by the labels. If the parties can agree to conclude corresponding contracts, this will probably also lead to higher license fees and then also to higher prices for customers. Many people will not like that either … you will never be able to please everyone.

Which service is right for you depends on what kind of music you play and, of course, how much you want to pay. Almost every catalog is more or less specialized (e.g. Beatport) or so extensive in terms of different styles that many tracks are represented on the other side, but by no means by all artists (e.g. Beatsource). A provider like Tidal often doesn’t offer any special versions, but has access to a pool of almost 100% of all available artists.

I’d agree if Deezer would’ve been forced to block stems usage too. But as of yet, after months, that’s simply not the case. And IMO there’s no way the labels simply forget other platforms.

So far it points to Tidal simply decided they’re going after DJs. My guess is stems will return on Tidal with download / locker option at a premium price point. No big deal for people who make money with gigs, but a real shame for all the others.

My only hope is Algo doesn’t have some exclusive deal going on with Tidal and will do what’s right for their customers; add other options.

Makes no sense at all.

This first happened with Engine DJ on Denon DJ and Numark standalone gear, and it’s coming from the record labels, not Tidal themselves.
[…]
We’ll keep you updated on developments to this story as they happen, because maybe Tidal will have a change of heart in the new year.

1 Like

I know,
it’s a completly contradictive statement

Just got this message for the first time when trying to create a playlist comprised of songs from Soundcloud, Local files, and Tidal in My Collection. I’m cancelling my Tidal subscription. It’s ludicrous that they’d impose restrictions as granular is this.

1 Like

Maybe it’s their goal to phase out tidal within dj software. Or they looking to have a pro subscription and charge djs a premium for it.