New Reloop Mixtour Pro Hardware

Did you hear that the Djay Pro subscription IS INCLUDED, i.e. Mixtour Pro “unlocks” the Pro features?! See in the video above starting at 5:05 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmpf3tLfrNU&t=305
If that holds true, it’s a bargain….

I’m not sure I’d call it a bargain. This new Pro version is twice the price of the old one, so taking the price difference as the usual sub fee, it’s five years worth of sub “included” in the extra cost.

Not so bad maybe if you plan to keep the controller for over five years (or if it lasts that long).

As stated on the product page, there is a caveat:
The app’s functionality may vary depending on the platform used. Only Pro functions that can be operated with the controller are activated without a subscription.

[EDIT] The original Mixtour unlocked Pro as well.

I own the original. Bought it in 2018 for an emergency gig. Still works great. I see no reason why this more robust version wouldn’t last that long.

1 Like

So do I (which is why I’m amazed at the dramatic price increase).

Well, I love the little old device and it still does the job, but when it comes to sound quality and general build quality there’s a lot of room for growth.

Premium components, aluminium panel, hi-end DACs, multi color leds, paddles, extra controls, etc. etc. It adds up quickly.

1 Like

I bought mine for 149 euros. Brand new, including stand. Great deal.

1 Like

In my opinion, this does not make the controller a bargain, but it is still a nice goodie on top. In any case, I have already pre-ordered the controller and deactivated the automatic renewal of the subscription. And the note that only functions that can be operated with the controller will be unlocked doesn’t worry me at the moment. At the moment, I don’t know which features would be important to me that I wouldn’t be able to use. We’ll see what it actually looks like in practice, and then I’ll give it some thought.

I bought mine 4 years ago for 130 euro without stand. What kind of stand do you have?

A basic V thing. From Reloop. Nothing special really, but did the (emergency) job. :wink:

1 Like

I saw this quote on the Reeloop page for the Mixtour Pro. “The app’s functionality may vary depending on the platform used. Only Pro functions that can be operated with the controller are activated without a subscription.”

Okay, but what are you trying to tell us? :face_with_monocle:

It’s $999 in Canada. Even though $500 US = $678 Cad!

And that doesn’t count all the required subscriptions to have full streaming and functionality.

DECKSAVER!!!

1 Like

I love Reloop gear and I’m sure it’s a brilliant piece of equipment but this one isn’t for me.
I’m fairly new to digital Djing and trying for semi-pro so just looking for a compact, robust but easily navigated controller.
Too many sub levels for a beginner on this one.
As other have suggested, I’d like to see a Buddy/Ready Pro or a Beatpad 3 as algoriddims software seems to have outgrown the current models.
I know space is at a premium on these smaller controllers but you can’t beat XLR outputs for mobile gigs, RCAs just feel so vunerable and flimsy.

As I have already briefly explained in the course of this discussion, I also think that XLR connections would be better, but especially as a mobile DJ, I don’t think that’s crucial on the controller. I would always recommend an additional external mixer, also for other reasons, which then also provides professional connections.

All we need to see now is the hardware itself. Hopefully be released quicker than the Mixon 8.

Agreed.This also highlights why this mixer isn’t really for me as a part time, small fry, mobile DJ.
It’s for well established pros who just have to rock up to a gig someone else has organised and set up (well, hopefully) .
Through my smalltime vinyl djing career I’ve always been lucky to play on “pro audio” equipment. Technics, Pioneer, Vestax etc. The only technical issue and it’s a reccuring one over the years has been RCA cables, even the better quality ones.

RCA connections are not “flimsy”, neither are they unprofessional. They’ve been around since the 1930s and are used on all types of equipment, including professional recording and broadcasting equipment and high end hifi systems.

It’s also wrong to claim/think that XLR is “professional” and RCA is not. They’re just different types of connector.

1 Like

Yes but for on the road XLRs are superior and less likely to get damaged

1 Like

RCA plugs are also available with metal bodies.

Besides,nothing should get damaged on the road if you look after it. Store it appropriately.

2 Likes